Wii and Wii U
  • I know it's an old game, but I'm quite excited about Project Zero 2 that comes out on the Wii next month. Loved the first game.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    Shyam39 wrote:
    Nintendo booth babe >>>> Mod confirmed
    Looks perfectly comfortable to me. The proof of the pudding will be in the tasting, of course, but I'm not worried. My brother used to play PSO with this: gamecube-keyboard-controller.jpg and never once complained about comfort. Hey, just dawned on me, the central screen would make a great soft keyboard for stuff like Monster Hunter et al. C'mon SEGA, give the Wii U a port of Phantasy Star Online 2. Ya know ya wanna.

I've got one of those, great controller. It's plenty comfortable as well, but you'd expect that from the Gamecube.

Rumours came up yesterday that Colonial Marines could be a timed exclusive for Wii U, which might make it an ideal launch title if the console hits before Christmas.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    That would make sense for both parties really.

Xbox/PS3 owners aren't going to be short of FPS games come winter, especially as Gearbox's own Borderlands 2 will be in there. They don't need to be competing with themselves.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Rumours came up yesterday that Colonial Marines could be a timed exclusive for Wii U, which might make it an ideal launch title if the console hits before Christmas.

Been pushed back to February now according to ye olde Edge site. Which may hint at when we will see the WiiU although the devs are insistant it is for creative reasons.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Blue Swirl wrote:
    Shyam39 wrote:
    Nintendo booth babe >>>> Mod confirmed
    Looks perfectly comfortable to me. The proof of the pudding will be in the tasting, of course, but I'm not worried. My brother used to play PSO with this: gamecube-keyboard-controller.jpg and never once complained about comfort. Hey, just dawned on me, the central screen would make a great soft keyboard for stuff like Monster Hunter et al. C'mon SEGA, give the Wii U a port of Phantasy Star Online 2. Ya know ya wanna.
    I've got one of those, great controller. It's plenty comfortable as well, but you'd expect that from the Gamecube. Rumours came up yesterday that Colonial Marines could be a timed exclusive for Wii U, which might make it an ideal launch title if the console hits before Christmas.
    I want one of those so bad.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I saw Kazuo's one of dem. it was amazing
  • Pretty manky after nearly ten years though.
  • At first I thought that was photoshopped for laughs.
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    And then you realised it was AMAZING
  • Too right.
    Animal Crossing - Name: Chrissy
    Island: Hopperton
    Fruit: Cherries
    FC: SW-6061-2213-4257
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Have we had the chat about wether Steam or Origin will be the big reveal at E3 yet? Lots of rumours a while ago and it all went a bit quiet. Were they roundly denounced by the parties involved or mysterious silence? 
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Steambox am doomed to fail.
  • They'll probably have to have a sale.

or something

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Steam Sales are like the DFS of videogames. You'd be mad to buy anything full price on there!
  • Skondo wrote:
    I know it's an old game, but I'm quite excited about Project Zero 2 that comes out on the Wii next month. Loved the first game.
    You're a braver tiger than I. Those games are scary as hell.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'd be up for some Project Zero on the Wii, but what happened to the first game?
    Get schwifty.
  • When you said project zero I was (incorrectly) thinking of an old possibly N64 game that was only ever released in Japan (if it even was released) that I saw years ago in a Nintendo magazine. It looked like a point-and-click adventure, the cursor was a bird. You had to teach a robot girl how to be human or something. What the hell was that game?
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    So the guys on IGN's 'Nintendo Voice Chat' podcast have actually held and used Wii U controllers.

Their overall opinion? Much more comfortable to hold than the images suggest, not as heavy as you might imagine. They even used the word "light" and described it as not significantly heavier than a 360 pad.

Oh yes. I'm in.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Is Nintendo HD Ready? article by Eurogamer.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-is-nintendo-hd-ready
    Get schwifty.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message

I'm in too - I held out with the Wii but I'm impossibly in love with most of their IP so it's only a matter of time. Mario Galaxy restored my lagging faith in them,
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    I'm in too - I held out with the Wii but I'm impossibly in love with most of their IP so it's only a matter of time. Mario Galaxy restored my lagging faith in them,

Yeah, that game forced me to buy a Wii and if a similar thing happens on Wii-U (3D Mario platformer scoring 9s and 10s) then that's when I'll buy. Nintendo make a lot of crazy decisions as a business and I can sympathise with their detractors, but I can't fall out of love with them so long as their games are still so good. Thought Skyward Sword was overrated, though.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Kazuo wrote:

.. on the other hand, while people are raving about Colonial Marines being an ideal fit for the Wii U with the screen playing a motion tracker, that totally goes against what the devs said in the Edge preview.

One of them was there saying that that they wanted that same experience as the Aliens characters; so there had to be a trade-off.  If you wanted to look at your "radar" in the form of a motion tracker, you'd have to put your gun aside for a second.  Sure, it could appear on the controller, but that's not really very exciting.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I still think having the motion tracker in your hands is majorly cool. If it's always on, you still have to look down and away from the screen, which is brilliant from a immersion point of view, i.e., the motion tracker is a thing you hold, not a pop-up on screen. If it's not always on (say, the screen is usually a map or something) then you'd have to active the motion tracker, and then look down at it, just like they did in the film.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I'd rather buy a £40 peripheral for that, working on the probably-prettier Xbox version that I can actually play online co-op with, rather than a £175 console.

They have said, though, that they won't allow you to have both up at once.  It makes sense, look at the movie; the motion tracker was a big bit of kit, and you couldn't hold a 2-handed rifle at the same time.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    They have said, though, that they won't allow you to have both up at once.  It makes sense, look at the movie; the motion tracker was a big bit of kit, and you couldn't hold a 2-handed rifle at the same time.

Apone could - that man was all about the corps.

SFV - reddave360
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Elmlea wrote:
    I'd rather buy a £40 peripheral for that, working on the probably-prettier Xbox version that I can actually play online co-op with, rather than a £175 console.

Randy Pitchford has stated the game will look its best on Wii U.
    Get schwifty.
  • I suppose it might.  But on the other hand, within a year of the Wii U appearing, I'll be able to buy a new Xbox (probably) where everything will look a lot better.  In the short term, at least my chances of a co-op game will be markedly higher on the 360.  

I just can't see the controller being anything other than a pointless gimmick.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    I just can't see the controller being anything other than a pointless gimmick.
    Even if it just means less HUD and easier item shuffling I'm in. Skyrim is a corker but the fiction is often broken when have to change arrows/shouts/trousers.

Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • You need to play it with Kinect support.  That's less immersion-breaking that looking down at the inventory on another screen, I reckon.
  • Well hopefully the games good or it wont matter a jot. I actually think its makes a bit of sense. You're too spoiled with your jet fighter HUD displays, Elm.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!