Selling / Items wanted - The punting stuff and creating joy thread
  • I was thinking about flogging my Ni No Kuni too! Have you had a look at prices on ebay? Worth sticking on there? I've used DLC too but Drippy is sealed.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    Drippy is sealed.

I should hope so too.
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Tiger, how much does an arcade stick go for? Not hugely interested, just curious.

Depends on the make and components, but the ones I'm selling are generally thought of as the standard and are at the higher end price wise, unless you're going for a custom job. They use Sanwa components, which is what they use in the arcades in Japan, and sell for between 90-130quid, typically. There have been numerous different versions released now, some being worth more than others.

My Chun-Li stick is pretty rare (only 2000 made for each console) and I'm trying to get as much money as I possibly can for it! I have it listed for 150quid on eBay, but I'm hoping to get more. PS3 version is going for 165 used on Amazon, and almost 400 new(!). 

The smaller stick above originally came with far inferior components and originally cost 60-70. I think they go for 40-50 now, though I've replaced all the parts with the aforementioned Sanwa kit, so I'd be hoping to get 50-60 exc. postage.

I've also got a White Madcatz stick as shown below, which I'm hoping to get 80-90 for. That, again, comes with Sanwa components, though they are a little tired from use.

spd_2011081603025_b.jpg
  • $T2eC16JHJHwE9n8igt+MBRo9L(mQcg~~60_12.JPG

Testing the water here, but I have a bog standard version of the above that sits underused in my cupboard if anyone might be interested.  Boxed, used a bunch of times (more than 10, less than 30), might as well move it on to a home where it will get the love.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I have recently come into possesion of some vinyl and want to get some Technics 1210s. To do this I am going to ahve to sell my Traktor S4 Dj Controller. Thought I would see if anyone here is interested before ebaying.

TRAKTOR_KONTROL_S4_intro_CE_02.png

It is a great piece of kit that has served me well but I find loading up the computer to mix a bit of a bus man's holiday and now want to move to Vinyl/CD mixing.

It comes with the official Traktor software, never been out of the house so it is in great condition. Boxed, manuals the lot. Plus "Traktor Bible 2" a full on textbook of how to use it fully.

£450

Would if I could. :(

[quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    If anyone has a GBA micro they'd be willing to part with for CASH MONEY, I am interested. Within the next couple of weeks would be grand. PM me please.

I bought one for my nephew a couple of years ago (a blue one), and I upgraded him to Hodge's old DS at Christmas.  If it's still in good nick, would you fancy that?  I'm assuming it's just sitting in a drawer somewhere as all his old games work on the DS.  I don't think he's ever had proper cash money in notes, so I'm sure a reasonable offer would be accepted.  I've got no idea what a reasonable offer is for a Micro is mind, but I'm sure he'd undercut Ebay by a decent amount.
  • DS has sold.

Ni no kuni still available.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Tiger, how much does an arcade stick go for? Not hugely interested, just curious.
    Depends on the make and components, but the ones I'm selling are generally thought of as the standard and are at the higher end price wise, unless you're going for a custom job. They use Sanwa components, which is what they use in the arcades in Japan, and sell for between 90-130quid, typically. There have been numerous different versions released now, some being worth more than others. My Chun-Li stick is pretty rare (only 2000 made for each console) and I'm trying to get as much money as I possibly can for it! I have it listed for 150quid on eBay, but I'm hoping to get more. PS3 version is going for 165 used on Amazon, and almost 400 new(!).  The smaller stick above originally came with far inferior components and originally cost 60-70. I think they go for 40-50 now, though I've replaced all the parts with the aforementioned Sanwa kit, so I'd be hoping to get 50-60 exc. postage. I've also got a White Madcatz stick as shown below, which I'm hoping to get 80-90 for. That, again, comes with Sanwa components, though they are a little tired from use. spd_2011081603025_b.jpg

Cheers Tiger, interesting read. Always thought about getting one, but I'm not a beat 'em up fan really so don't think it would get any real game-time. Have you ever used them with any other types of games - what are they like?
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm going to put Gears 2 limited edition on eBay soon but thought I would check here first if anyone is interested. Its in great condition still and the DLC code is unused.

gow2-le-content-500x323.jpg
  • They're most used for beat 'em ups and shmups (Ikaruga, Dodonpachi, etc), but I've found them to be really well suited to a lot of XBLA content. Castle Crashers, Braid, Limbo, Pacman (while half asleep at Nick's house), Streets of Rage II... I've played a reasonable amount of all those games with a stick and they've all played well. I'd hesitate to say it improved any of those barring Castle Crashers and Streets of Rage though - It's just different control method. I liked it, but some wouldn't. Most 16-bit games seem to play pretty well. Platformers are well suited, I think, and classic arcade games are great. There's something very satisfying about hitting the buttons on a stick.

There are few budget sticks out there that cost 40quid new and are compatible with 360, PS3, and PC. The components aren't anywhere as nice, but unless the stick is going to see regular use it's hard to recommend Madcatz stuff.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Anything with a digital input method will be improved by a stick IMO. More accurate than the Xbox d-pad, less travel than the analogue sticks, more responsive buttons. It's not going to transform your gaming for most of these like it will on SSFIITHDR (damn that's a lot of initials), but it will be a more satisfying experience.
  • I'm trying to muster up funds for an AC 3DSXL so I've got these up on the bay right now:

OG pure white Japanese DS

DS02.jpg

Yoshi's Island for SNES with players guide

YI02.jpg

I've also got the following I'll be putting up any day now:

Final Fantasy IV for GBA / Complete, minor wear to box / £13

Final Fantasy Chronicles for PS1 / with Chrono Trigger + FF IV / NTSC / immaculate condition / green spine / £20
    3DS: 0602-6313-2789 // ACNL Town: Clavius
    http://www.blowthereactors.blogspot.co.uk
  • Whoopsy daisy, sorry for the massive photos.
  • @Moot_Geeza Yes please. Let me know if he's willing to part with it for starters. Ebay is showing about £30, and I'd feel bad for offering too much less than that to a young lad, especially if it's on good condition (and with the charger would be grand).

Cheers.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fentonizer wrote:
    I'd feel bad for offering too much less than that to a young lad.

Don't ever enter The Apprentice.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    Also I'm tempted to buy that Gears 2 LE just to set fire to it.

Best fire lighter you'll ever buy.
  • I'm going to put Gears 2 limited edition on eBay soon but thought I would check here first if anyone is interested. Its in great condition still and the DLC code is unused.

Does it go for much cos I'm actually giving mine away? Someone has already claimed it and I'll be posting it soon. Unused DLC and in mint mint mint condition.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Anybody want DKCR on the 3DS? I no likey. Had for 2 days
    PSN - minkymu
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    @Moot_Geeza Yes please. Let me know if he's willing to part with it for starters. Ebay is showing about £30, and I'd feel bad for offering too much less than that to a young lad, especially if it's on good condition (and with the charger would be grand). Cheers.

Just made the phonecall.  I said £25 to the brother in law, who didn't actually know the DS plays GBA games (I did explain it, but I guess this information was lost in the Christmas rush).  He said he doesn't see why not, given the revelation of the hidden cartridge slot, so he's gonna get back to me when my nephew gives him an answer.  I'll let you know asap, maybe get some photos too if he's given a green light.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I'm going to put Gears 2 limited edition on eBay soon but thought I would check here first if anyone is interested. Its in great condition still and the DLC code is unused.
    Does it go for much cos I'm actually giving mine away? Someone has already claimed it and I'll be posting it soon. Unused DLC and in mint mint mint condition.

Hard to tell, I think this one is the same as what I have:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/RARE-GEARS-OF-WAR-2-LIMITED-EDITION-DLC-CODE-INC-GOLD-LANCER-MAPS-XBOX-360-/111077696691?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item19dcbf24b3

And I think it sold for that price. Others seem to go for about £10 though.
  • You guyses be selling that at exactly the wrong time.
    Shove it in the loft for 10 years.
    Profit.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Ya reckon? Is this the type of thing that will be sought after in a few years?
  • I reckon so. It is/was a big franchise, although a lot of those things probably sold.

Who knows, but right now it is definitely not something people are after really.
  • Gonzo wrote:
    Final Fantasy Chronicles for PS1 / with Chrono Trigger + FF IV / NTSC / immaculate condition / green spine / £20 Does region locking work on PS3? I have original fats3, with PS1 hardware in it. Surely they haven't bothered? I need to get my mitts on chrono trigger, DS in preference. (shout out to y'all. Plx can I have a heading OXNO SEEKS CHRONO TRIGGER FOR FRIENDSHIP AND MAYBE MORE

I've absolutely no idea, never bothered with a PS3. Knowing Sony it's probably region locked (please check though, I need bucks for my Animal Crossing).
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    PS3 has no region locking.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Minkymu wrote:
    Anybody want DKCR on the 3DS? I no likey. Had for 2 days

Have you used the Stars code? Was thinking of getting it for the Too Many Games promotion.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Gonzo wrote:
    I need to get my mitts on chrono trigger, DS in preference. (shout out to y'all. Plx can I have a heading OXNO SEEKS CHRONO TRIGGER FOR FRIENDSHIP AND MAYBE MORE

Might be willing to let mine go - certainly happy to lend.  NAME YOUR PRICE (*) IF YOU WANT KEEPSIES...

(*) friendship has an financial value of 0.00001p.  Always read the small print.
  • Fentonizer wrote:
    @Moot_Geeza Yes please. Let me know if he's willing to part with it for starters. Ebay is showing about £30, and I'd feel bad for offering too much less than that to a young lad, especially if it's on good condition (and with the charger would be grand).

Cheers.

Got a call from my sister this morning. My nephew would very much appreciate twenty five smackers to buy himself a Wii game or two. Or possibly some Lego. She's going to look for the charger today, and get back to me with a full report on screen scratches. She said it's in good condition though, so I reckon it'll be fine. It was mint when I gave it to him, and I did stress the importance of keeping the protective silicone skin on.

It's probably best for her to post it to you directly (could you cover postage too?), and for you to Paypal me when you receive it, then I can give her the cash when I meet her for lunch in a few weeks. Assuming you're still interested, of course.
  • Of course. Thanks a lot mate. I'll PM you my address, and Im happy to pay the 25 + pp whenever, just give me the requisite paypal deets.

Much love. The gf is going to have a good birthday thanks to you :)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!