adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    This has sold more than the entire Vita catalogue put together in Japan.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • LOL
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    What the fuck. Get that in the news thread with a ref
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    pandajimmy wrote:
    Does anyone have problems running GC Animal Crossing on Wii?
    I've never heard of any GC game not working on the Wii - unless of course you have the later models that have no GC compatability (nor the memory card slot or controller ports - kind of easy to spot).
    Nah, I've got the regular backward compatible Wii. I reckon it's got something to do with the screen ratio settings, but I can't quite figure out what to do.

Almost all GC games are 4:3 which is worth remembering. Some games have a widescreen option (F-Zero GX for example) but most don't.

I've noticed some games seem to be adjusted for 14:9 by the Wii quite successfully (1080 Avalanche) while others look really stretched (Super Monkey Ball). For those that look odd when stretched to widescreen I just change the TV's zoom setting to 4:3.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Played the GC version loads with my brother, we had all these plans for where to plant the trees etc. So that when one of us wasn't at home while the other was playing, we knew what to do without making the other upset about a ruined town. I just moved out during that period, so often we'd be planning what days we we're off, what events were coming up and based on that, one of us got the memory card.

Played the DS version loads as well, this time mainly with my mother in law when I had the chance to do multiplayer. Saved me from going insane one lonely night in a hotel in Germany as well. For some reason I woke up, quite terrified and didn't dare to go back to sleep. Been up most of the nights, just getting all the weeds from my town. Think I completed my fossil collection in this one, must have been very close with my fishes.

Than the Wii version, it wasn't played as much as the other two, mainly because it wasn't portable, and I had a job. I do think this was the version we watched the fireworks in at New Years Eve, mother in law and a couple others were over, but everyone was complaining it was too cold outside, and she probably is a bigger AC addict than I ever was. So we counted down along with all the Animal Crossing folks.

So yes, really looking forward to this (along with the new Pokemon, a Monster Hunter and probably Fire Emblem, this is gonna be a good year for the 3DS). Only just realized you can be mayor as well, curious to see what they're gonna do with it. Mother in law is gonna be a certain partner in trading this time (she was very thankful to complete the different fruit trees in the DS version, I got most of the "foreign" fruits from you guys, and of course passed them on) and my brother might be in it as well this time. Along with the things they can do with streetpass etc, this is looking very good.
    Regal and Lovely furniture can be send my way, not gonna change that tradition. House needs to be as pink and posh as possible, usually with a very unorganised kitchen somewhere, and a play room for the kids, just because I like all the moving furniture.
  • This ones for you Nina

tumblr_m42lgtxaif1rrrnh1o1_500.jpg
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Do we have a switch thread?
    The Forum Herald™
  • No a AC switch thread silly
    The Forum Herald™
  • D’oh!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I can’t wait for this. Please be good
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    We started a new AC thread after reg temporarily left or something: http://www.thebearandbadger.co.uk/discussion/800/x/p1

Let's have a proper new OP for New Horizons, I abhor this reviving mouldy old OPs business.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's a race
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    We'll probably end up with six threads now.

I'll definitely get this for Nate at some point but he's right back into Dragon Quest Builders 2 now so there's no room at the minute.

Wait, it's not out until 20th of March anyway. Might be good timing, I bet he gets bored of DQB2 again before he finishes it as it's fucking massive.
  • So it’s like mine craft and I build things but only for about 15 minutes a day?
    The Forum Herald™
  • Just read that according to the ERSB rating, the new one has in-game purchases. Nintendo bout to tap that ass*

*yr wallet
  • In app purchases? I’m in!

Is it better than stardew valley

Oh and what do
    We think of the one island per switch controversy??
    The Forum Herald™
  • i'm in day 1, pre-ordered for me and my daughter
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    This thread needs to be renamed "Tom Nook's gonna take my thumbs".
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Said in the voice of Moe the Bartender
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I never saw the attraction of this but the daughters obsessed over it on Wii. That version had lots of online features but sadly they were never sampled sufficiently as the Wii online thing was never that big (apart from Mario Kart, Tetris Party and Dr. Mario which seemed to be huge). It supported chat via Wii Speak as well.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    "I never saw the appeal but my kids did" is the opening of the Ghostbusters / Ninja Turtles / Pogs / Pokémon / Minecraft / Fortnite documentary ;)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Said in the voice of Moe the Bartender

Yes!
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    davyK wrote:
    It supported chat via Wii Speak as well.

So did Monster Hunter Tri, but to call it garbled and unintelligible would be a compliment.
  • Really hoping for a revival of the Stalk Market for this, so much fun sharing turnip prices each Sunday
  • I think a bespoke animal crossing switch thread would be great for the theoretical situations of sharing things.
  • Make it so!
    The Forum Herald™
  • I'm so so hype for this!
  • been watching all the videos, whats everyone else interested in?
  • i'm excited about stairs and aerobics

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!