Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    You can cast it easily but it doesn't have anywhere the same level of integration as Spotify. I have a Google home thing and it allows setting up with Spotify, amazon music but not Tidal. Same with Amazon Echo.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    That's a bit of a shame, but I guess voice commands still work just you have to add "on tidal" at the end
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Yeah, I don't think that works either.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Oh, double poo
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Spotify works great with Google Home. I just asked it to "play Kylie's new album", and there it is.
  • Just came across this video after someone linking to it after I was having some issues with Tidal.

https://youtu.be/pRjsu9-Vznc

After watching it the MQA format seems like a total sham. Zero transparancy and given they asked Tidal to remove his files, obviously self-aware that their file format isn't lossless.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Kinda related - I've been testing today between Apple Music on an iPad and Tidal on my Galaxy.

iPad - headphones plugged straight in
    Galaxy - headphones in a USB C adaptor

Listening to The Weekend Blinding Lights with Dolby Atmos on.

Could just be my ears, but Apple Music CLEARLY better.  I'm actually hugely surprised by how much better in fact.
  • Is that down to the USB adaptor, as will be converting the signal?
  • I may never know the answer to that question, unfortunately...
  • is Tidal not on iOS?
  • Tidal is on iOS but has no EQ and no Dolby Atmos, so automatically sounds flatter and Apple Music wins again.

I can say the result is exactly reversed when testing via Bluetooth, with Galaxy sounding waaay better.

This had lead me to start looking at an iPod Touch but.... well, see the Apple Thread.

x
  • cockbeard wrote:
    That's a bit of a shame, but I guess voice commands still work just you have to add "on tidal" at the end

• Phone managed to quote cocko while in my pocket and then type nonsense in two separate posts.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Yeah, I know you miss me

In other news, been using Apple music the last couple of months, and it's grand, but I do worry I'm gonna start forgetting to buy music and keep it somewhere. But it uploaded all (I think) my library so that's cool. I normally check by setting if the 2manydjs stuff is there. Weirdly it doesn't do gapless playback on the iPhone but does on my pixel, so wins all round
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've been flitting between services. Spotify is offering 3 months for a tenner, even though I was a subscriber before. Tidal had 2 months for 2$, even though I was a previous subscriber. I had 3 months of free youtube. Next up is 3 months of free Amazon music and then I'll see what Deezer etc have to offer, and by then hopefully Tidal and Spotify will be back round with offers. The cost fits with the tiny amount of use I get out of them these days, really.
  • Does anyone subscribe to Apple Music?  If so would you care to share your username / Apple ID thing so I can follow you?

x
  • Spotify's song radio feature is so crap:

"Hey Spotify, play me another song that sounds like this."

Ok here's some random songs from your assorted playlists that have no musical connection to your previous song and some others selected from elsewhere that don't sound like it either.

I'm beginning to think I only subscribe now out of lazy habit. Whilst I generally like the Spotify UI, there are so many features that are lacking. I can't customise the homepage so I keep on getting recommendations for chart stuff that I would never listen to in a thousand years. Things like the Discover new music playlists seem to appear and disappear at will. And checking what songs are in my queue appears to be a feature shrouded in mystery.

What with all the recent shenanigans in the news, anyone else thinking of ditching Spotify for another streaming service?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yeah I’ve decided to branch out a bit. I’ve currently got a free trial with Apple Music and a cheap Argentinian tidal sub. Feel like the algo on apple serves up the best stuff, although it occasionally drops some shit in.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Home page on any of the apps seems to struggle. Tidal Main page does same thing, however, it does have another bit for recommended stuff, and it's algo for after albums/tracks finish is bang on. Can't speak on it relative to apple, but it's thrown up heaps of stuff I've gone on to dig long term.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • I wish I could have an option to fire all podcasts into the sun as I do not give the remotest fuck.
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I'm beginning to think I only subscribe now out of lazy habit…anyone else thinking of ditching Spotify for another streaming service?

We realised last week that for just under £16 more than our £13.99 Duo membership we can switch to Apple One Premier membership and get Apple Music along with TV+, Fitness+, Arcade, News and an improved iCloud allocation (and we can share it with four other people in the family if we wanted to).

Currently trying Apple Music to see how we get on with it and can’t see us going back…we’ve still got the free version of Spotify to fall back on if we wanted to anyway.

• The web browser version of Spotify has not been working at all for me for the last few days, it can play 3 tracks, then will freeze and I have to refresh the page, anyone else having this?

It's happening on different devices, my work laptop and personal laptop and I'm on Chrome on both.

So frustrating, I've cancelled premium renewal  because of it!
  • No problems here, they got hit with an outage a week or two back, but mines been dandy.
  • Clear the cookies maybe?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yep you don't want crumbs on the keyboard
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    After my three months of Tidal for 3€, now I've got three months of Amazon Music for free. Never used it before but it seems acceptable so far. Next up a free month of Deezer, which I've never used before either.
  • If you “move” to Argentina you can have tidal for a couple of euros per month or so depending on exchange rate. My last payment was £1.56 for full family plan.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Is that only for the sign up? Or would you always have to run it through a vpn?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!