Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That awkward precursor to "currently playing".

Are you bored?  Frustrated?  Excited?  Your place to whinge / be excite...

(I've had Amnesia: The Dark Descent "converting its config" or some nonsense.  Can't decide what else to play.  So "bored".)

* Let the PS3 jokes begin *
  • I need a new game with really good graphics and i dont care about the gameplay to install, HIT ME
  • .....reticulating splines.....
  • i always laughed, especially when they reticulated the splines in funny ways
  • Kids nowadays will never get to experience the joy of Target Renegade loading at the 6th attempt, as the lord of external tape deck volume control finally answers your fingers prayers. For this they should be thankful, mandatory install my eye.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Oooh, memories.  I remember Target: Renegade taking ages because the 128k version ditched multiload and loaded all the levels at once.

Apparently, the 128k version of Starglider took the Spectrum prize at 14min 22sec.  Surely there must be some sort of game nowadays that takes longer than that to install?  I'm pretty sure my free trial had expired by the time Eve: Online sorted itself out.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Installing to the hard drive has become an inconvenient new game ritual for me. It sucks arse.
  • the sims games + expansions take an unholy amount of time to install, relevantly
  • I just bought Hotline Miami. After something about re-installing Visaul C++, it started up. It then crashed at the exit game menu. PC gaming, eh?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Installing to the hard drive has become an inconvenient new game ritual for me. It sucks arse.

I kinda don't mind, tbh. When I get home/get up in the morning to play games, I usually need to sort myself a drink, or get breakie or make a coffee etc. So I set the install going, and then go and sort out my shit for a bit, then come back when it's ready.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I've been waiting to install F.E.A.R. for a week or so as i've never fully completed it. But for some reason it's 17 gigs so I need to vent some space out. Size shocker.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    I just bought Hotline Miami. After something about re-installing Visaul C++, it started up. It then crashed at the exit game menu. PC gaming, eh?

I wouldn't worry, it's overhyped hipster crap.
  • Well, it just cost me £6.99 or so. Hopefully it was a one off crash.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Elmlea wrote:
    hylian_elf wrote:
    I just bought Hotline Miami. After something about re-installing Visaul C++, it started up. It then crashed at the exit game menu. PC gaming, eh?

Only cos you aren't very good at it!

spin.etc
  • Installing to the hard drive has become an inconvenient new game ritual for me. It sucks arse.

New games suck, you feel obliged to install them, even if not mandatory. They always come with codes as long as my arm, some with multiples of, just so you can have a shinier gun or unlock other content that's already on the disc. There's always a day one patch which adds to the wait, and they don't even have the decency to add a manual to pass the time.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Remember flight sims on the Amiga with manuals the size of the bible, those were the days!
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Remember flight sims on the Amiga with manuals the size of the bible, those were the days!
    This was the biz back in the day.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • that is great! complete with top-trumphs-tastic specs at the back a-la the Elite manual, classic manualling right there
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    Remember flight sims on the Amiga with manuals the size of the bible, those were the days!

Falcon and F29 Retaliator are probably genuinely responsible for making me into an actual fighter pilot, you know.
  • Tempy wrote:
    Only cos you aren't very good at it! spin.etc[/quote]

I'm a bit average at it, but it's still overhyped hipster nonsense.  It's about as hard as Defender though so there's no shame in being crap at it, a situation I embrace.
  • Not a huge fan of the presentation either. Sure the core game's okay but.
  • I liked it, and I definitely wear socks. It did crash on me though.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    LazyGunn wrote:
    Falcon and F29 Retaliator are probably genuinely responsible for making me into an actual fighter pilot, you know.

F29 retaliator is a standout game for me, more for the feelings and atmosphere it inspired by its packaging and presentation, funny enough, than the actual gameplay, which never really happened for me

those games though, the thunderbolt one springs to mind too, had manuals and addenums etc that made you feel like you were learning everything there was to know about flying. i think i had more fun with the manuals than the games
  • n0face wrote:
    I liked it, and I definitely wear socks. It did crash on me though.

Ahaha, unexpected
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    Sigh... F15 Strike Eagle 2.....
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja
  • I thought this was a thread about Sleeping Dogs on the PC.  If you have that you'll realise it's always wanting to install something.  Currently there is 971 MB 'patch' needed (which is one of the smaller 'patches').

Game manuals - Birds of Prey on the Amiga.  Massive manual, history of air support, keyboard pullout, spent as much time reading the manuals as playing the game.
  • Elmlea wrote:
    Apparently, the 128k version of Starglider took the Spectrum prize at 14min 22sec.  Surely there must be some sort of game nowadays that takes longer than that to install?  I'm pretty sure my free trial had expired by the time Eve: Online sorted itself out.

Indeed it did and although it wasn't a bad game it wasn't really worth the wait. I usually ended up playing something else as I was too impatient and couldn't tolerate the long load time. Usually played Match Day 2 or 3D Starstrike instead.

• I really wanted to like Starglider, but didn't.  I can't remember if I eventually got it on the Amiga as well or not.
  • LazyGunn wrote:
    F29 retaliator is a standout game for me, more for the feelings and atmosphere it inspired by its packaging and presentation, funny enough, than the actual gameplay, which never really happened for me those games though, the thunderbolt one springs to mind too, had manuals and addenums etc that made you feel like you were learning everything there was to know about flying. i think i had more fun with the manuals than the games

I remember F29 being really quite atmospheric, and seeming a bit more "movie like" than its compatriots like F19 Stealth Fighter et al.  It was definitely simpler than them.
  • Oh man F29. Sucked so much at that game. It ruled though.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!