Currently Not Playing
  • Thought it might be an idea to have a thread for games we've got but aren't playing, 'cause we've given up through boredom, getting stuck or whatever. The hope is that people with a love of them can convince us to go back to them or help with a bit we're stuck on. Or, alternatively, just say it's a bit crap and probably worth giving up on ever finishing, warning others about it, I suppose. So, here's my (possibly excessive) list, some are pretty old and just things I feel I should still finish rather than anything I've been playing recently.

Enslaved
    Quite simply, I can't beat the dog thing in a circular arena outside the bunker in Trip's home town. Reasonably decent game, otherwise.

Devil May Cry 4
    Got a bit bored, hit a hard bit with some kind of floaty monsters, started something else and never went back. The combat never really clicked with me and feels really stilted.

The Walking Dead
    At the beginning of chapter 3 and just can't face walking about talking to everyone for whatever reason it is I'm meant to be doing that.

Transformers: War For Cybertron
    Soundwave is too hard for me since I don't really play shooters and don't find them fun enough to keep replaying the same section over and over.

Stacking
    I don't understand the love this got, you just wander around until you come across the person or thing you're looking for, which is always obvious when you see it, but doesn't have anything to suggest where it is.

Ilomilo
    It's sooo pretty, but I can't get my head around how some of the puzzles should be thought about in order to solve them.

Child of Eden
    I feel I should play it with Kinect, but that means plugging it in. Using the joy pad feels like cheating and, if I'm honest, isn't actually as enjoyable.

Fez
    What do you mean I have to write stuff down? What the hell am I meant to be writing down?

Geometry Wars
    It doesn't feel rewarding enough while you're building up your skill so you can play it properly.

Undertow
    I keep dying and there's nothing about it to make me want to get through beyond the fact it was made by Chair.

Harms Way
    Well, it's just a bit crap, isn't it? Why am I even listing this? I've only got it 'cause it's free.

LA Noir
    The start of the story hasn't grabbed me enough to make me replay the first interrogation which I can't seem to twig.

Zelda: Skyward Sword
    Hadn't realised I'd done this so many times before. Don't have the inclination to do it again.

Zak & Wiki
    The puzzles just feel uninspired and tedious.

Red Alert 3
    Intro missions are tedious, I don't care about taking a small squad around a set route.

Tomb Raider Underworld
    I can't even remember what I'm stuck on, but it was annoying. Might have been a motorbike bit.

Ninja Gaiden
    Too hard, not shiny enough any more.

Fahrenheit
    Fuck knows if I got stuck nor bored, it kind of lost its way.

Spider-Man 3
    I love Spider-Man games, they're my guilty pleasure. I hate really tight timed sections where you have to carefully carry a bomb, though.

Crackdown
    I've maxed out the agility, it doesn't feel like there's anything else rewarding to achieve.

Galleon
    I don't even know why this is in the pile, its not really anything special and I have no real enjoyable memories of playing it. I like 3D platformers, I guess, and the movement feels fairly smooth.

EDIT: Christ, that's a long list. Didn't realise when I was just sitting, going through the pile and tapping away at my tablet.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    How is this different to the "Just Given Up On" thread?
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's different because this is about every unfinished game you have lying in your shame pile, not just what you happen to have dropped in the past week or so.  I like it which frankly ought to be good enough for you Swirl. Back later.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • assassins creed 2, arkham asylum AND arkham city

no explanations, bam, im cool like that
  • You can totally just leave/trade LA noir, crackdown and Fahrenheit. Age and shitness haven't been kind.

Don't know how you're struggling with geo wars though. It's golden. Gw2 has some cracking modes too.

Trying to think what's on my list.

Dishonoured, hitman absolution, mass effect 3, crysis 2, batman AC, whatever else has been free from ps+. Halo 4. Haven't been many on when I've been on.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    How is this different to the "Just Given Up On" thread?

I know this one exists? My bad, peeps can let it sink if they feel it's duplicating. What Skeret says, though: this is a step before giving up for good, games you've not fully given up on and want to know if you should. Or what you should play next out of them. Partially inspired by my not having money to spend on games at the moment but being unable to pick from such a large pile.

Thanks for the advice, Face; those were pretty low on my priorities anyway so I'll probably get rid soon. I'm struggling with Geo Wars because I'm too shit to get to a point where I'll zone, it seems.

What are peoples problems with the Arkham games? I thought they (particularly Asylum) were some of the most fantastically constructed gaming experiences I'd ever experienced.

Anyway, I better fuck off and go to sleep; I've got to let a guy in to look at the heating in less than five hours.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Anything.
    This.
  • I want to go back to Bayonetta. I kept dying on, what I believe, is the very last battle which is incredibly frustrating. I now have a new 360, which means I've lost the save and at the moment I really can't be bothered to go back through the entire game.
  • Every vita game that isn't super crate box or everybody's golf.  Big console style games don't sync with me on this machine, think it's because of the dainty analogue sticks.  Have stopped buying games for it until I beat/delete the backlog that I can't be bothered with.

Chrono Trigger DS - about 15 hours in.  For the last 5 I have no idea what has been happening and have been using a walk through to tell me where to go next.  My problem is, while reading text, I often zone out for a minute and need to go back and re-read it.  This is fine while reading a book since I can just go back a couple of pages to see what's going on, not so good in an old fashioned snes game where you miss out on once-off exposition and clues on what you're supposed to be doing next.

Quite like the fighting, and mixing up battle teams though.  They ought to have put a journal in the ds edition.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • Keep a small notepad with your DS?

Skondo, you know you can change the difficulty mid-game? Just blast through on easy until you get back to where you are, I did that to rip through bits I was getting stuck on; doesn't take long and is basically like watching a cut-scene that progresses when you randomly hit buttons.

I don't think I've managed to sleep at all and will now probably post even worse crap than last night/ usual.
  • Hitman Absolution
    Can't work up the will to pick it up again. Only done the first mission and, after that checkpoint business with the respawning enemies, I can't be bothered going back to it. There was a point whenever I looked at the box, I only got the urge to play Mark of the Ninja...

Dishonoured

No real reason for not going back. I played it back in November, got to the point where I killed the first target and that's it. I never even escaped the area, I just ended up playing the likes of Halo 4 and many others.
  • AJ_ wrote:
    Stacking I don't understand the love this got, you just wander around until you come across the person or thing you're looking for, which is always obvious when you see it, but doesn't have anything to suggest where it is. Ilomilo It's sooo pretty, but I can't get my head around how some of the puzzles should be thought about in order to solve them. Zak & Wiki The puzzles just feel uninspired and tedious.

I agree with your summary of Stacking, that's pretty much the entire game tbh, but I still loved it. 

Iliomilo I agree with completely, I tried it four times in co-op with retrokings but by the end of each world the puzzles were just too brain bending, and we gave up roughly 70% through it.  

Zack & Wiki I disagree with.  Some of the puzzles are superb.  Pretty much the whole game is superb once it clicks imo.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Everything but Trials Evo.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!