The importance of Sand
  • Journey dominates at the DICE awards.

So it wins Game of the Year, but is not the downloadable game of the year?? How does that work?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Perhaps they felt TWD used the downloadable format better.

Or perhaps they're a bunch of knobs nobody gives a fuck about what they think.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    :D

I don't see the issue in Journey getting their prestigious award and not getting their download one. At least TWD, which is what I presume got it was cross platform and therefore more worthy.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I completed Journey a few weeks ago. As a game it doesn't really offer that much because it's so simple. But I have to say that the final struggle through the snow was amazing to watch and I just about jizzed in my pants when I got to the final colour filled climax.

Not as good as Flower but still really interesting.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    did your eyes jizz tears onto your face, that is what we want to know
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • I honestly think they nailed the struggle. I don't often give a shit about my game character but I did with this game.
    The next generation doesn't start until MAG comes out. 

PSN: Naemuckle
    STEAM: Naemuckle
  • That bit had me actually saying "No! Nooo! NOOO!!!" out loud. A beaming ear to ear smile followed afterwards, with gasps at the sheer beauty and elation of the flying end.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Journey is the best game ever. You are all cunts, frankly.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Journey for all the awards!
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Best ham winner. Journey.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    that guy is so cool uh, he says uh and um a lot uh, but really good insight and really nice guy.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Yeah, he comes across as a lovely guy. There's some  good insights & analysis into the thought processes behind Journey, and online gaming in general here + the end part is quite moving.
    Fair play to Chen, emotionally he's really brave, I don't think I could never be that open & honest in front of so many people.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Very interesting.  I'm so glad he had success with Journey.  For me he achieved everything he set out to.  I'm frightened to play it again in case it doesn't have the same emotional impact.
    Get schwifty.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Brilliant talk. Wish he had the time to have done his whole talk.
  • Posted in the 'Just Completed' thread too, but yesterday I finished Journey. I was surprised how much a companion adds to the game, particularly an unknown. At times it really felt like a quest, where we had to struggle together, particularly when the wind picked up. Towards the end we lost each other and, sadly I did wait, just to see if my new friend had made it too. They either reached their destination before me or they were still having fun jumping around. I know a second game won't be the same experience and I'm sure it will lose some of the emotional impact that you mention Raiziel, but I just want to go and explore that beautiful world again and listen to the haunting soundtrack. Superb stuff.
  • You won't believe how much I spent on a certified giclee of Journey art. It's beautiful. I also have the artbook and soundtrack. Love that game.
  • I would imagine the giclee looks quite special elf. I bought Journey on disc with Flow and Flower. Fortunately the soundtrack to all three games is included on the disc along with artwork, avatars and themes. Bargain for £15.00. I may investigate an artbook myself, but I guess a new copy isn't available anymore.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    dammit, Now I want to play this again, Despite finishing it several times over.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • So far I've spent an hour going round and a round - how do you know if it's saved btw?
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Dunno I only ever play the whole way through whenever I play!

I think it's at the start of each section.
  • Where are you going round and round? After bridge? Follow cloth creatures.
  • Think it checkpoints at each new area. Just dash out, and it'll start you there again.
  • Yeah, each area unlocks as you play and can then be accessed from the hub in the first section.I can't remember if it saves your scarf between sessions or not, but it can be clocked in about two hours, so that's not really an issue. Don't think I've ever not played the whole way through in one go, either.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Certainly not a game I would recommend dipping in and out of, and its brevity helps avoid doing so.  My play through today only took about ninety minutes.
    Get schwifty.
  • Probably the most perfectly amazing game I played since Ico. Loved it.

You only get that kind of creativity from Sony studios.
  • I think, and I could be wrong, that you get a willingness to occasionally lose money on a game as long as it gives them mad cred. I'm surprised Nintendo haven't done an Ico. It could still be a family game but with slightly more adult themes and a slightly less toyish presentation.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Bob wrote:
    Probably the most perfectly amazing game I played since Ico. Loved it.

You only get that kind of creativity from Sony studios.

Hahahahahaha

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • From similar sized companies mate. I expect you to do some of the work.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!