I Wanna Get It On With Jahbulon : The Shmups/STG Thread
  • 280m?? Hate you.

I might play it over the weekend and try and get near your score. I will fail miserably, but its the trying that counts.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Well the world record is over 7,000,000,000 so I wouldn't feel too bad.

They beat my score by the S1 mid boss.
  • How are you getting these scores?
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • That Akai Katana worth getting then?

Also, did anyone get it from shopto? What size is that tee?
  • Tees were M & L. It's £18 at Zavvi. Love it, it's a grower.
  • Bah. Tee looked alright as well. I'm a skinny fucker.

Zavvi? Does that mean I'll get it sometime next year?
  • Mine got despatched the following day, strangely. You could always check here for tees.
  • How are you getting these scores?

L337 sKiLlz

I dunno. Get steel, turn into katanas, fire at groups/large enemies, collect shiny gold coins and bask in giant glowing numbers.

The next high score I get, I'll attach my replay to and your can see.
  • Yeah, I think I'm being too tight with the steel.
  • I thought I was doing it right with the katanas, but I think it's the combo that I keep losing.
  • There you go, 378mil especially for you. You'll find me and the replay at 31st on the leader board.

Blazing 3rd stage, fell apart quite severly on the 4th as I never get that far.
  • 31st?!?! Well done! Must be huge jumps to the scores above you if #1 is around 7bn!
  • No, just the EU leader board is crap. No 1 is 1.3bn
  • So did anyone get Mushihimesama HD on Xbox?
  • I got it. Thought I already posted about it somewhere. It's good. Love the game, but it doesn't have as many modes as Futari. Normal, Maniac, and Ultra. Arrange is just a single mode that gives you mac power and big chain from the start. Well, that's all I've noticed so far.
  • Got 83m on Akai. I understand how to score high. I just can't do it! Places where people are getting millions, I don't seem to get that much.  Depressing.
  • Fingers crossed for an RSG. I'm in the same boat, I've watched runs, but just don't seem to able to pull in big scores. 12mil going into stage 2 is the norm. It should be far more.
  • Yeah, a few extra katana and being a ship's length closer to coins can be the difference between 1 and 10 million points.
  • Oh right.  Getting 40 million or more going into stage 2. Gonna try being closer to the gold.
  • Ok, on Katana, I can now easily get 100m on stage one. With full lives and bombs. That makes me think I can then go on to score big on stage 2. The annoying thing is that I die in stupid ways on stage 2 after doing well on stage 1. Need more practice. 

Personal best is now 192m. I'll do better once I have tactics down for stage 2. Measly 49m on stage 2 after 108m on stage 1 Died on stage 3. 

Saw a replay of the best pilot 1 score that had replay uploaded (4bn). How does he get green energy at the end if his first use of katanas on stage 1?? I lose valuable combo counter because I end up having to farm some energy to use katanas on mid boss.
  • Spent a couple of fun/frustrating hours on this today. I keep dying in silly ways in stage 2 as well, although I'm only getting 36-38 mill by the end of stage 1.
  • On for a pb on Mushi...but it's currently paused midway through stage 4 while the missus watches Gary Barlow. Oh man!
  • I can't get near your 360 mode Mushi Futari scores! Need to play more and practice. 

Just got 222m on Katana.
  • The problem is too much Cave goodness, I end up spreading myself too thin. Knocked AKS on the head for a few weeks while I try to 1cc Mushi.
  • After E3 this thread's title couldn't be any more apt.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I've gone and pre-ordered a copy of Sturmwind....looks lovely and any excuse to use the DC is welcome. Didn't like the look of Dux but this looks lush if a little derivative..

Clearly its a little behind but I'm willing to take a punt. Anyone else got a pre-order in?

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I think I'll pass. I'd rather have Crimzon Clover.

• davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I tend to prefer vertical shmups to horis but I like one now and then so I went for it - Clover looks a more modern type of game too which I'm not sure I like/can handle to be honest.
  • After E3 this thread's title couldn't be any more apt.

My thoughts exactly.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    We're at the point of diminishing returns with hardware so the goggle-eyed thing isn't going to happen any more - at least in the graphical sheen department. If all next gen support 1080p at a steady frame rate what's next for the forseeable future?

New ideas are needed - and lots of 'em - and that's the hard bit - so E3 can't avoid being a disappointment for those of us who remember the 16bit days and the subsequent big leaps.

But what do I know - I'm still happy with my Dreamcast via VGA and Wii via component on my LCD panel.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!