Getting Drunk
‹ Previous12
  • Last time but one (so, the second last time) I got drunk, I posted something about honds.  If you take nothing from that episode, at least be certin of the importance of honds.

A short time later, for a number of reasons, I decided that this forum and I are incompatible.  If I take nothing from that episode, I at least am certain of the incompatibility.

The last time I got drunk, I got home and, for drunken habit's sake,  opened up this forum. At that moment the newest thread was the GotY thread.  I was struck by a certain absurdity, and attempted to address it.  I did so under the guise of Justrollin.  The result was an apparently anti-Reg rant.  Such is the power of drink.

In a subsequent port-fuelled (but b no means drunk) evening, I realised a long standing idea of a Team Edward/Jacob style stand-off between Bear and Badger.  The result was, well, you saw it.  Proof that I'm really not very funny.

Tonight, I am drunk again.  And, for as long as I have failed to delete this fucking url from my bookmarks, I have taken another look.  This time my index finger was drawn to a thread about fps.  Or fpses.  Either way, much the same way as my purchasing habits indicate, I was drawn to that thread title like something that should know better to something fucking dumb.

I have an unusual amount of fpses in my library.  Unusual in that it is less than many 'gamers' have, but more than any intelligent being ought to have.  Fpses are the gutter of games.  They are, unequivocally, the McDonalds and Burge King in a world of exquisite cuisine.  A debate (ha!) on the ten best (okaaay) of this generation (ha!) is like a debate on the best smelling dog shite to stand in.  But like a ten year old kid on his way home from school, I can't help standing in shite.

I had a point when I started writing this.  I have strayed, but let me return: if you think Portal is an fps, you're a fucking retard.  You're a lovely fellow, I'm sure, and you are entitled to your opinion but you are, nevertheless, fucking retarded.  That Portal's status as an fps even qualifies for discussion frankly amazes me.

There may be intelligent debate in other threads.

I doubt it.

I'm drunk.

Fuck honds.
  • What are/is honds? As in dags?

I am utterly bored of FPS' (that's how I'm doing the plural and I'm sticking to it) but I don't see what the problem with people discussing what they think the best one is. It's like discussing the best chair or umbrella or other thing that's pretty much static in form but have minute differences that nobody normal cares about and only interests nerdy enthusiasts.

Portal's definitely not an FPS, though. Is there anyone here that actually thinks that?

Also: hello again.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I know I opined at length on the mutual benefit derived from your return to the forum via Tranitter, but I may have prematurely shot my wad (enter Tempy).
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Bear vs Badger was good.

This thread is not.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Please support your definition of good with select examples.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • im drunk atm but whoop
  • Skerret wrote:
    Please support your definition of good with select examples.
    No.

I am the arbiter of the good and the shite. Clarification about my arbitration process shall not be given in this instance.

Good day.
  • You're always drunk!

I can't remember the last time I was drunk, probably early december. Last time I had a drink was my bday and that's only as my pals came round and forced me to drink the basterdos!
  • Lol
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hulka T wrote:
    You're always drunk! I can't remember the last time I was drunk, probably early december. Last time I had a drink was my bday and that's only as my pals came round and forced me to drink the basterdos!
    Healthy living innit.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Not the Portal thing again.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    It's not quite what I had in mind when I suggested coming back.  Nor was the BvB thread, or Justrollin.  Why won't anyone listen to me?  Meeeeee!
  • aw man. im a total mess. i think theres a message in this thread or a meaning but its totally lost on me. taking it all at face value. had a very good night butr i think i lost my keys. i have that feeling when you feel great but you know straight after you wake up you will feel worse. someone stole 10 euros. but one thing i will say is that i really like this place. people might not be the people i would normally spend time with, but everybody is different, and that's good. if i lose my wallet i want igor to find it
  • sorry i dont think i understood what you said adkm
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Somehow I'd got it into my head that honds was a plornt thing.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    There is NO honds.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Matt_82 wrote:
    This is dead tragic.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Justrollin was a douche
  • SOMEBODY EXPLAIN ME HONDS!

(a link to past thread will do)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    ADkm got drunk and posted something about honds. It didn't mean hands or did it and then honds became a forum meme
  • At the end of your orms.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    bolls
  • Oh, in that case, honds are great. What was the thread?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think it was called I love you guys
  • Oh my god, now I'm more confused.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    When Honda announced all those job losses I just kept thinking of honds and then I felt quite bad.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • monkey wrote:

Yeah, that's what confused me. Thanks for the thought though, I know some people still can't use Google right. I've not read it all, so maybe it'll become clear when I have.
  • I only skimmed the OP but agree that Portal is the best FPS this gen.
‹ Previous12

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!