Zelda
  • Just built Tarrey Town and had a marriage. This game is unbelievable. One more divine beast to go. Almost all armour unlocked. Just did the two horse side quests last night (white steed and Gabon’s horse). Trying to do two side quests a day atm.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • You started upgrading your armour yet? That’s where I got bogged down.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • The game is a joy.

I watched The Compmetionist's review the other day. He nailed it. It is amazing up until the point you try to 100% then it is a chore.

I think that is fine though, most won't 100% and there is no need to grind armour, koroks or shrines to see the end game.

Do all the memories though, well worth it.
  • Upgraded some armour. The luminous armour is my favourite. Barbarian or ancient seems most useful though.

I don’t think I’ll 100% it. I tend to speak to Npcs so I have a fair few side quests to get on with. Once I’ve done a few more I’ll do the final beast (bird) and consider Ganon. I’ve not been to Hyrule Castle for ages as I was under powered but now I’m possibly a bit op so will venture that way and see if the guardians.

Only got two or three memories. I love the heat map/route thing you can show on the map.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Was literally thinking about restarting BotW this morning but with a guide once I've finished Diablo as I fear I didn't see the best of it.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • I’d recommend doing that beast before doing more other stuff.
  • Ok so all four done. Now I’m going to go hunting. Get a fuck tonne or meatballs and rice and while doing side quests. I may use a guide for the random ones. Just went to the top of lanaryu mountain and had a flying fight with the dragon. Brilliant.
  • Now there is a sequel on the way, i really have to finish it off. I think i just had side stuff left (alot of it) and the battle with ganon in his castle.
  • Anyone playing Cadence of Hyrule?
  • I've got an eshop voucher that would almost cover it, but it sounds a bit short for the price. Very interested, but didn't get on with Necromancer so I'll hold off for now, even though I know the setting and tunes would reel me in.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    Anyone playing Cadence of Hyrule?

I'm about half way through (I think). It's great so far.  I was a bit unsure going in, as I liked the idea of Necrodancer more than I liked the actual game - but Cadence is much more forgiving in the early stages, and does a surprisingly good job of feeling like a Zelda game, despite carrying across Necrodancer's mechanics.

It's only partially a Roguelike - there's extensive checkpointing, and you get to keep a lot of stuff after death. (If that sounds like too much of a concession, there's an option to switch Perma-death on. Equally, if you're put off by the whole moving-to-the-beat thing, you can switch that off too, though it probably defeats the point a little.) In a concession to Breath of the Wild, those items you don't get to carry forwards are all ones that wear out with use in any case. (This is as annoying here as it is in BotW.)

To some degree it's a game of two halves, in that the overworld feels more Zelda, whilst the dungeons feel much more like Necrodancer. Bosses so far have been relatively straight forward, without the traditional Zelda use-the-thing-you-just-got schtick.

I'm not sure what the long-term appeal will be, although very early on you get to chose between playing as Link or Zelda, and it's clear that playing as the other is a different experience - items specifically state that they have different functions depending on who you play as. (I gather everything moves around again once you play as the other character as well.)

The thing is, it's fun. The slightly more relaxed approach to dying (and if you're anything like me, you will die) means that there's more scope to experiment and to wrap your head around things. The first hour or so of playing, I wasn't entirely sure about it, but it ultimately clicked, and it's become an absolute joy to play. (To the point that I'm thinking of revisiting Necrodancer when I've finished.)

I'm not sure how those who loved Necrodancer will feel about the game - I can imagine some feeling it's not challenging enough - but as a Zelda spin-off it's great.
  • I was getting really stuck and playing about 10 minutes, dying a bunch, then stopping due to frustration. Couldn’t do the planning and the rhythm stuff at once, just got flustered and died.

I picked the ‘no beat’ option, and I’m having way more fun now. It’s like a turn based strategy game instead, as when you move, everything else does, making it more like Shiren (or indeed, Rogue).

Something to consider for anyone thinking they will bounce off like I was.
  • Breath of the Wild.

Well this is an easy game to lose days to isn't it? Crikey. Am enjoying it a lot more than I thought I would tbh. The weapon breaking stuff isn't that big a deal really, and the cooking/food stuff isn't either unless you want it to be.

Have got off the plateau, and on my way to sheikah person now. Done a couple of shrines, chose my first upgrade as stamina but think my next one will be health.

Question about the sidequest thing you can get at the stables: do I *have* to pay 100 rupees to the fellas to make the treasure appear or can I just look up where it is?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • It’s worth the 100 rupees if you are where I think you are.
  • It’s worth the 100 rupees if you are where I think you are.

Aye was good. Got a
    Spoiler:
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I'd like to play the LA remaster, gotta say. Hopefully the Yuzu emulator gets good soon.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    YBNtRIl.jpg

VcYAXGi.jpg

xEHHX5R.jpg

Ei2mYEJ.jpg

cOm7GCb.jpg

ZPAB1hx.jpg

YJuPNly.jpg

220px-Kendrick_Lamar_-_Damn.png
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Collector's Ed is a decent one IMO. I think for those who picked it up at £60-£65 it's a fair price given Zelda usually has premium prices for the basic games anyway.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fucking heartbreak.

Game is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful. It's also Zelda and I'll cane it in a few hours due to how faithful it is.

But.

Christ.

That slowdown. It's rotten at points. It's really significant, and feels very un-Nintendo. I'm only at the woods and it stands out.

Absolutely cripplin :(
  • Yeah, it’s got a really nice feel to it. Well put together.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Maybe wait and see if there's a day-one patch tomorrow?
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Fucking heartbreak.

Game is absolutely gorgeous. Beautiful. It's also Zelda and I'll cane it in a few hours due to how faithful it is.

But.

Christ.

That slowdown. It's rotten at points. It's really significant, and feels very un-Nintendo. I'm only at the woods and it stands out.

Absolutely cripplin :(

I’d call it a minor annoyance.
  • First mainline Zelda to suffer slowdown since the last mainline Zelda. Disappointing and unexpected.
  • Slowdown? Glad I forgot to order this then. Surely it'll be patched shortly. Why make it look so shiny if the engine can't keep up? BUGBEAR.
  • Handheld or telly or both reg?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've only been in handheld.

First mainline Zelda to suffer slowdown since the last mainline Zelda. Disappointing and unexpected.

Aye but you know
  • I’ve been on telly. It’s still there when docked, a bit jarring in places, but mostly not an issue.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's not an issue but it's very unNintendo
  • Oh yeah, it’s poor, and as moot says, why make it so shiny if the engine can’t hack it?

Still, big grin on my face for the 30mins or so I had playing it.
  • I’d argue that if they’re only gonna update the graphics then they really did need to push the boat on the aesthetics

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!