Zelda
  • do you even know about Tarry Town? (sp?)
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Doesn't ring a bell.  Is that where you can build stuff?
  • yes, you built an entire village after you build your house with boson and the guys from Goron.

One of the best parts of the game for me
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I found it it my playthrough then, but didn't build anything.  I expect that'll get done this time.
  • it's a brilliant go to

did you get the radiant armour?
  • Nope. I probably saw less than half of what the game has to offer. After I'd tackled the beasts and unlocked the whole map I made a beeline for the castle.
  • Link's Awakening halp pls.  

Do I have to buy the bow or will I get it eventually anyway?  I've reached a dungeon where it feels like I could use it, but it's 900 rupees iirc, and it's taken me this long to get 706.
  • You have to buy it.

Play the grabber game for quick bucks.
  • You have to buy it
  • There’s an amazing all shrine botw run which was done at ESA (like games done quick) recently and is 7 hours long. I watched it. A lot of the mechanics are repeated but it was still interesting to see how the game is currently run and how broken some of the machanics are. It was also nice to see the overworld again after a year. Such memories. Also there was one shrine I’m not even sure I remember doing where you stand on hot concrete with gorons
  • We found a massive area I hadn't even seen today, with a second tech lab overlooking a shrine in the middle of a maze.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    ...it's 900 rupees iirc, and it's taken me this long to get 706.

It’ll only take you 21.5% longer than it has.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    We found a massive area I hadn't even seen today, with a second tech lab overlooking a shrine in the middle of a maze.

Akkala. Ah sweet memories. It's rainy there.

• yea :)
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    We found a massive area I hadn't even seen today, with a second tech lab overlooking a shrine in the middle of a maze.

Akkala. Ah sweet memories. It's rainy there.

Spoiler ffs
    The Forum Herald™
  • I may load it up this weekend just to go for a fly around :)
  • Until recently I was in charge of the shrines for our Zelda playthrough, but I gave in to requests today and Tilly solved one solo (two metal barrels, two metal boxes, electricity tracks in floor, treasure chest needed as the last metal item). Watching her bring up the magnesis, latch onto barrels and swing them around while manipulating the camera really hammered home the fact that I've created a little gaming buddy for lyfe. Happy feels. Thankfully she's doing well in school otherwise I'd probably feel guilty.

Edit: Gah that last sentence is a bit humblebraggy when I read it back.
  • 5. There's a lot more manual camera movement than she was used to, so using both sticks was an issue at first (Odyssey mostly directs the action for you, which is where she started with 3D games), but she's got the hang of it now. Loving the second playthrough so much, today's top soundbite was 'whoever it was that made this game I love them'.
  • That’s great, though. No way my nieces could’ve handled BotW at 5.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    @Moot nothing wrong with humble braggy when it comes to your kids :-)

I really must get back to this but it’s been so long do I start over. I was only at the second beast. I’m sure the main quest isn’t that long but I often found myself heading to far parts of the map seeing a fuck off mountain and deciding I had to climb it. Also often ended up in areas that I obviously wasn’t prepared for.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Thankfully she's doing well in school otherwise I'd probably feel guilty. Edit: Gah that last sentence is a bit humblebraggy when I read it back.

Bollox, I actually welled up a little reading it, she's a lucky little lady to have someone like you there, and if she's not being a lazy twunt then all the bettter. Far from arrogant mate, was lovely to read
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Yeah not sure what my problem was in hindsight. Much appreciated.
  • My daughter is 8 and I don't think she could handle that!
  • My 6yo Boy was doing quite well and watching him play made me feel so good. But he hasn’t gone back to it since first playing. :(

I reckon he would get stuck quickly.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • My 6 year old has just started this too. I've had to help him out on the shrines, but he loves wandering about taking on enemies. Hugely impressed he can aim the bow so well - I struggle with that! 

Best bit was when he approached a bundle of rocks to innocently climb them until they formed into a Stone Talus... jaw drop moment.
  • did anyone here ever get the motor bike?
  • Fuck, I forgot about the motorbike!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!