Aliens Colonial Marines
‹ Previous1234567

• I was sure we had a thread for this on here but can't seem to find it.

Anyway I was really looking forward to this but the 360 version seems to be getting panned, is the wii u faring any better?
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • On a Monday, I regularly game with three others so this was on our radar. I was the only one to not pre-order as I was doubtful...looks like I was right! I'm not getting a copy now!

Why is it so shit? Didn't Gearbox put this out?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Someone should code Sim Hive. Like Harvest Moon, but you're an alien queen.
  • Me & mate were going to Hicks & Hudson the shit out of this once a week.  I believe it was farmed out to another dev,which is baffling as I swear the hype man in the hype vid was a Gearbox bloke.  Must admit to feeling a little crushed.  That vid made me smile though....through my tears.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Aliens most obviously lends itself to FPS but surely an RTS or similar would yield a more interesting result than the same game every 4 years or so.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • godammit. AvP on the jaguar definitive Aliens game confirmed.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Aliens most obviously lends itself to FPS but surely an RTS or similar would yield a more interesting result than the same game every 4 years or so.
    Motion controlled Rhythm action or GTFO.

Gamertag: gremill
  • Why the fuck not, at this point.
  • Are gearbox anygood though. Borderlands, their most acclaimed shit, is kind of crap really. It relies on four people mindlessly blowing shit up to conjour its magic. Its like saying a sandbox is the best toy ever but its only as fun as the people playing it are willing to invest in it.

Also lets not forget the cash and grab they tried with duke nukem.
  • Smang wrote:
    godammit. AvP on the jaguar definitive Aliens game confirmed.

I thought that one was considered shit? I was reading the edge review of it from the time and pretty sure they said it was crap. Also the original rebellion one is supposed to be the good one.
  • LV-426 Allstars Karting.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Weyland-Yutani's Universe Colonizer 5000

Terraformers remaining: 500
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • @misyercrayon, I recall reading all the time about how good AvP on Jaguar is. Not sure how it fared reviews wise back in the day; but it seems much loved now at least. Fuck having a Jaguar just for that and Tempest, though. Did it have any other good games? There was a war tank game that I can't remember the name of.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I think that deep down we all knew this was going to be shit. It's the hope that kills you.
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    @misyercrayon, I recall reading all the time about how good AvP on Jaguar is. Not sure how it fared reviews wise back in the day; but it seems much loved now at least. Fuck having a Jaguar just for that and Tempest, though. Did it have any other good games? There was a war tank game that I can't remember the name of.

i picked up a mint unopened Jaguar for £15 about 4 years ago... AvP however is like £60 for just the cart.

and yeah, the AvP i played back in the late 90's on PC was awesome. so was the sequel.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    In space no-one can hear you be a little bit disappointed.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This looks so derpy I have to try it. Just like Duke Nukem Forever... Wait a minute... Gearbox... Statue of Liberty...

DAMN YOU
  • Smang wrote:
    godammit. AvP on the jaguar definitive Aliens game confirmed.
    I thought that one was considered shit? I was reading the edge review of it from the time and pretty sure they said it was crap. Also the original rebellion one is supposed to be the good one.
    AvP on Jaguar was indeed crap. I worked in Game back then and we set up the Jag and played it quite a bit. Pretty much broken game design.
  • well i take it back anyway, not sure what came over me as the Capcom AvP side brawler is the best Aliens game ever made. silly me, i knew this already!

well, not strictly 'Aliens' but whatevs
  • Is part of the issue that an Aliens game looks like something that should be easy to get right?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Still the only Aliens game (bar the PC jobbies of yesteryear) worth playing:

N2F0vQv.png
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    When I got to the first Xenomorph encounter I thought that was great. You get attacked by just one as you're trying to blowtorch a fellow Marine down from their trademark stickywalls, have to blast it with your pistol in a panic then it runs off. Leaving you to slowly move around a darkened room looking for it as it slashes you a few times then leaps back into the darkness.

Turns to shite the encounter just after.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    @Sker Is that a Porcupine-Alien hybrid?

God have mercy.
  • Skerret wrote:

There was an Aliens RTS last gen.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    @UweBollockoff: It appears to be a pirahnalien.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    ooh, was it any good?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Looks as if Gearbox just took the ACM cash to make Blands 2 and it's cash cow of DLC packs better and farmed this out to various devs (Timegate, Demiurge and Nerve at least), employ the Gearbox interns off stapling duty to finish it all up and try to find a quiet week to drop it out. 

Classic licensed guff by the looks. Some of the vids popping out are just comedy gold. 

9x5SIjK.gif

Neogaf funtimes. And I don't take the justification that that is apparently a recently acid etched, blinded Xeno either if true. It's just piss poor is what it is. *sheesh*
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    So this has done wonders for Gearbox's rep then?
  • Skerret wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    Skerret wrote:
    ooh, was it any good?

No idea.

Yes, I am that guy.

• that DS game was pretty good as well, infestation.
‹ Previous1234567

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!