PERSONA 4 IS HERE (again)!
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    You guys are gonna love Kanji.

GET BENT!!
  • I was surprised who the justice one went to.
  • Played this for nearly 6 hrs and still thinking WTF !!

The main thing are the persona's and fusing and the 3 pricks in the back of a car that floats in purple mist !

Not too sure of the combat either , is there a decent guide anywhere ? I'd think with nearly 6 hrs play I'd have the main gist of it now.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm over 5 hours in. Just completed Yukiko's castle. Felt like first proper dungeon. I'm at level 13. That about right?
  • Yep, I think I was around that level too. Tbh you'll really know if you need to get a few levels because something will just kick your ass. Having a good variety of Persona for your hero is useful too. Majority of dungeon fodder will have an elemental weakness to abuse so it's good to not only have the four major elements but light and dark too (Angel and Ilim both have these after a bit of levelling). And if a creature is neutral to all of them try out the physical attacks (Izanagi has Cleave and Tomohe gets some great ones) and just grind them down that way. Also it's useful to not always do the group rush attack if you have multiple enemies down, unless you know you're going to kill them you can keep them down and dizzied for a few turns which can lead to more damage or be useful tactically for heals etc.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • group rush is useless versus one guy ive learnt
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Group rush has served me well thus far. Anyway, at going rate, this is GOTY
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Stage production
    A live stage production titled VisuaLive: Persona 4 (VISUALIVE『ペルソナ4』 VisuaLive: Perusona Fo) took place from March 15, 2012 to March 20.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    TheDJR wrote:
    Fuck off reg

Xox
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    PERUSONA FO
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's jolly great. I assume I want to build all social links to full? Also in fusing personas I've been going in with Nary a fuck. Is there a system?
  • Well the Personas you get at lower levels only have a few skills to unlock. (I think this is depicted by the ? To the right) so fusing them gets you bigger and badder Personas, then if your Social Link is strong and the fusion forecast is good you can get a few extra levels on your new Persona and choose some more skills to port over. I got a good Jack Frost created early who could cast Hanma (the light attack) and who had the light boost passive. Meant I could drop Angel and have space for another card.

I haven't read any FAQs or guides though, I just hit the blue room occasionally and see what I can make that looks useful/cool.
    "In the long run, if you play solid, you'll be a more solid player." Aris Bakhthanians
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Cool. That's the way I'm doing it. I haven't had the level to take on any triangle fusion yet though.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Just keep experimenting with fusions. Try and have at least one decent levelled Persona that's STR or NUL for each attack type so you can switch without having a vulnerability. I spent hours saving games on the PS2 and then mucking about with loads of fusions and reloading if I ended up with duff ones. Worth keeping in mind that fused Persona can inherit abilities from the ones you used to make them which means you can make some game breaking ones later on.

Social link progression is up to you for the most part but i'd recommend focusing on your fellow battle buds S.Links first for reasons you'l find out when you hit level 10 with each one.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I can't often find Yosuke or Chie - is there a place they hang out at after school?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    This game makes me happy even thinking about it.

Shame i've been neglecting it as of late.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    I can't often find Yosuke or Chie - is there a place they hang out at after school?

Chie spends time on the roof
  • And I've seen Yosuke outside your classroom on the first floor. Of course they're not always there, sometimes they'll just not be available. Just got Chie to S-Rank 10. It is most excellent.
  • Some of the saddest scenes I've seen in a videogame... My god, that was intense.

Regards to levelling up, i recommend when you've cleared a dungeon and rescued, revisiting it when they've recovered in the story. There's an optional boss in each one, and it makes you start from the bottom again. This helps make grinding a lot easier, and gives a cool objective (when you've defeated the new boss, there's some awesome loot on the top floor).

Also, learn how to make weapons at the shop, its different than persona 3. If want to know:
    Spoiler:
  • Ugh, Any tips for the 1st optional boss?
    I've done about 2hrs of grinding and he's still one-shoting my entire crew, this makes me sad panda.
    Do I miss anything important if I just skip it?
  • You can repeat the dungeon and do him later can't you?
  • indigo wrote:
    Ugh, Any tips for the 1st optional boss?
    I've done about 2hrs of grinding and he's still one-shoting my entire crew, this makes me sad panda.
    Do I miss anything important if I just skip it?

Do it later. I read somewhere its the hardest bonus boss in the game compared to the level of your characters when you first beat the dungeon.

• Thanks, that's cool then, I thought he'd vanish after a certain date or something. I'll get back to him laters,
    there will be much sport in it's demise :)
  • Yeah, that king is the rampaging cock monster I mentioned here earlier. do him sometime during the 2nd dungeon after levelling a bit, and making some new weapons.

I hated that dickhead. Hardest thing in the game!
  • 3 hours in and I'm enjoying it.. it's finally opened up.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • How come all the best personas are one level above the level I am?! :D

Also are the dark and light moves solely limited to the instant kill ones (like hama or mudu?)
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yup. Whenever you see those suffixes prepare for a feeling of butterflies.
  • Yeah, that king is the rampaging cock monster I mentioned here earlier. do him sometime during the 2nd dungeon after levelling a bit, and making some new weapons. I hated that dickhead. Hardest thing in the game!

Is this Vita update not widescreen??

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!