PERSONA 4 IS HERE (again)!
  • The Persona 3 cameos/refs are great in this. Lol'd at Tanaka, the big sleazebag.
  • Yeah, that king is the rampaging cock monster I mentioned here earlier. do him sometime during the 2nd dungeon after levelling a bit, and making some new weapons. I hated that dickhead. Hardest thing in the game!
    Is this Vita update not widescreen??

Yeah, that was just a video from when giantbomb did an endurance run of it on the ps2. It was all amazing.
  • Annoying king boss down. Had to use up some attack mirrors to avoid insta-deaths via it's rampages, still so worth it to end that thing.
  • The boss after
    Spoiler:
    is quite tough imo. All the bosses lose their type weaknesses but also have the ability to have any move. Quite cheap imo.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I have a girlfriend now.
  • indigo wrote:
    Annoying king boss down. Had to use up some attack mirrors to avoid insta-deaths via it's rampages, still so worth it to end that thing.

Yeah this guy is causing me a bit of grief too. Not a levelling thing, just need to be a little smarter in preparation I think
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Rise is clearly the best! Then Chie or Marie. They're all kind of cool.

I'm kind of annoyed that in order to increase the sl for Ai, I had hang out with her. Boo
  • Yeah Shinji, it's best to take direct control of the party for that, and maybe all the boss fights. AI buddies do pretty well in most situations, but (so far) they don't seem to know when to guard against weakness exploiting attacks.

Equipping the right accessories is vital too ....... as I've just dicovered.
  • My nooby comments on facing the bosses, from someone with little to none experience of jrpgs, but needing p4g (same as a fair few I suspect) is to make one in the party a healer. All's been Persona 4 for me since doing that.
  • So I've been caning this recently and thankfully not encountered any other unexpected  difficulty spikes.
    Agreed JMW a healer is vital. Yukiko's a great white mage to the extent that it almost makes up for her uber-bland, goody two-shoes personality, almost, annoying laugh is so annoying
  • How did you beat the nerd boss? The advice on gamefaqs is generic bordering on useless. Its annoying because he has a type that's undetermined before the start making planning impossible.
  • indigo wrote:

Equipping the right accessories is vital too ....... as I've just dicovered.
    Yep, this is important. I got past that boss and the rest have been a cake walk in comparison.

Also found that if you knock down the boss it's usually a better idea not to do the group attack and just keep pounding that weakness, maybe get the dizzy.

PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • Yeah, it's often the better option to go for the dizzy against the tougher normal enemiestoo. You can strengthen group attacks by spending time with Rise at the hot springs, I've only gone the once and haven't noticed much of a damage increase tbh.

@mistercrayon If you mean the 
    Spoiler:
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Stopped playing this a couple of weeks ago, picked it up today thinking I'd got another dungeon and a fair few hours left. Turns out I was on the final day.

Did seem a chore at times, but looking back, it's been superb and I look forward to playing it again to get the good ending, because the one I got was a bit shite.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii

Send message
    Yeah, thought that might be it.

Actually thinking about starting another game today.
  • indigo wrote:
    Yeah, it's often the better option to go for the dizzy against the tougher normal enemiestoo. You can strengthen group attacks by spending time with Rise at the hot springs, I've only gone the once and haven't noticed much of a damage increase tbh. @mistercrayon If you mean the 
    Spoiler:

Cool I'll give this a go, certainly the fear tactic will help! My problem is you don't know who's gonna be rubbish until some way into the fight.
  • Yeah I think the rubbish-ness is fairly random. I just guarded with my leader when I wasn't sure about weaknesses, reviving the others with the beads when they fell. Having said that I found:

Bravery Vessels equipped = Hakuna Matata.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    NECROBUMP

I'm currently yarring Persona 4 on PS2 to play via emu. I'm informed by Dan that its amazing, anything I need to know going in? Also I've yarred the huge strategy guide too to help me.
  • It may well play like shit because PS2 emulators are wonky as fuck. Other than that, I imagine people will recommend playing it on easy to enjoy the story.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Going off the psx compatibility its one of the more stable efforts out there. Was running Ico at full speed with no issues earlier, fingers crossed.
  • Enjoy! Can't think of any tips other than save often and always Chie.

tumblr_m44e1xhGJI1r190pdo19_r1_250.gif
  • Yukiko for life!!!
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'm currently yarring Persona 4 on PS2 to play via emu. I'm informed by Dan that its amazing, anything I need to know going in?
    You can barely do anything in the first couple of hours, but don't be put off by that.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I got a US/Asian hybrid rom which undubs it and is allegedly the best version. Booted it to make sure its okay, gone for Easy like a scrub.

Cheers for the head's up Jon, that's usually enough to make me quit forever so I'll stick with it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Waaaahhh so excited when I saw the bump. Biggest thing is recommend is lower the difficulty. As much as possible and don't worry about meeting everyone first time round - it's impossible to max all social links on a first run
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yeah, only use that guide for help with dungeon bosses/fusing Persona.

You get more out of the game if you just go with the flow and hate/enjoy the company of characters you personally dig/anti-dig.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Your best friend will be a sentient Fox.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Cheers chaps, genuinely looking forward to it, my way out of any gaming slump is to try a new genre so things should be good. Wanna get hype for Persona 5.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!