A thread for the pets
  • I try to do my bit by cooking venison at least once a month.

Don’t think I’d eat hedgehog. Too fiddly.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’d probably work well as fondue.
  • A cheese and pineapple hedgehog was a staple of any good kids party.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I refuse to acknowledge that a buffet is a buffet without one.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    My bro in law lives at Cannock Chase and the deer are a real driving hazard

A guy I know in work culls them in the South of Ireland and is good for some venison from time to time but I imagine I'd find it hard to shoot something like that.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • 6-D88-AD31-62-DF-4-CBB-8-A59-45-A31-ACE641-F.jpg

A colleague of mine from back in the Ordnance Survey days took this picture last week from the side window of OS’s B200 aircraft.

Not a pet but what a picture
    PSN - minkymu
  • Dunno it looks a bit plane to me, I think he's winging it. Feathers.
  • Lol
    PSN - minkymu
  • Birdstrike is no laughing matter. Bet the pilot shat him/herself. Amazing photo though.
  • My dad has a couple of blades from an engine that was hit by a bird. Absolutely insane the damage it does.
  • The standard aerospace engineering test used to involve throwing chicken carcasses down the wind tunnel at cockpit prototypes. Nutso.
  • Ah it was a golden age of entertainment. Now we just have Any & Dec and their seven flavours of shite.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Can we fire them into a 757 engine?
  • davyK wrote:
    My bro in law lives at Cannock Chase and the deer are a real driving hazard

A guy I know in work culls them in the South of Ireland and is good for some venison from time to time but I imagine I'd find it hard to shoot something like that.

Not long ago a friend of a friend knew a guy like that, he offered him 8 legs of venison for £600. I told him it was too deer.
  • poprock wrote:
    Birdstrike is no laughing matter. Bet the pilot shat him/herself. Amazing photo though.
    I always thought 'birdstrike' makes it sound like an intentional attack.
  • indiana-jones-sr-flight-1549.gif

Not the proper clip but does the job...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    So yoshi has been doing a lot better and is back to his normal weight, and bloods and urine have definitely suggested a big return to normal. So happy with the medication.

However, he still has this goiter in his neck that the Edinburgh Uni Vet people are wanting to ensure doesn't become cancerous etc.

Therefore he is going in next Friday for radiation treatment. As he is an "unusual" cat (per uni feedback) he is getting a high dose which may leave him hypothyroid - which isn't the end of the world as it can be medicated.

However, the main thing is that because of the nature of the treatment and that we have a baby in the house, he has to stay at The Royal Dick (yes, that's the name of the Edinburgh Uni Vet dept) for four weeks as we can't have a radioactive cat in the house with a baby.

Means that as of next week we will not have our boy for month. :(
  • Fingers crossed for The Yosh Reg.

In other pet news, Echo has gone into season for the first time and has turned a bit doolally. She's also bleeding everywhere which is very unpleasant. I'm thinking of inventing a line of canine pads called DoggyForm, which would be easier than trailing asserting mopping up after her.
    Poor mutt.

Here she is looking all grown up.
    oznorCB.jpg
    Gamertag: gremill
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    When I was a kid , our wee dog going into season heralded a few weeks of insanity. This was a time when dogs roamed freely. Our front garden was horny dog central.

My dad came downstairs one morning to be greeted by a small male dog. How the fuck he got in we will never know. He started to growl at my dad....big mistake - old school shipyard boot up the arse out the front door - back to the pack of hopeful suitors.

There was a bonkers golden lab that tried to mount my brother and I in school (we went to a local primary). It had to be put down eventually after he mounted our next door neighbour who was 7 months pregnant at the time.

Despite best intentions, love always seemed to find a way. We had several litters of pups and we gave them away as per the traditions of 70s working class areas. Our Heinz 57 offspring no doubt made local posties' lives a misery for years. I was told when I was older that my dad drowned one litter.

My parents being of modest means followed the stratagem of tolerate-and-wait , believing it would get better as the dog aged but it seemed to get worse - they eventually paid for her to be "doctored". I think that was post-litter-drown as my Dad couldn't face that again.
  • Jesus, it's grim out west.

We've got her booked in to get done in June.
  • We got are kids old pants and cut holes in them for the dog tails and invented our very own DoggyForm so do that.  Works a treat but you obvs don’t take them out in public looking like that for oh, the shame.
  • We got are kids old pants and cut holes in them for the dog tails and invented our very own DoggyForm so do that.  Works a treat but you obvs don’t take them out in public looking like that for oh, the shame.

That's tomorrow's task sorted.
  • We're totally going to need pics of this.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly wrote:
    we can't have a radioactive cat

The words “a radioactive cat” should never be preceded by “we can’t have”.
  • davyK wrote:
    When I was a kid , our wee dog going into season heralded a few weeks of insanity. This was a time when dogs roamed freely. Our front garden was horny dog central. My dad came downstairs one morning to be greeted by a small male dog. How the fuck he got in we will never know. He started to growl at my dad....big mistake - old school shipyard boot up the arse out the front door - back to the pack of hopeful suitors. There was a bonkers golden lab that tried to mount my brother and I in school (we went to a local primary). It had to be put down eventually after he mounted our next door neighbour who was 7 months pregnant at the time. Despite best intentions, love always seemed to find a way. We had several litters of pups and we gave them away as per the traditions of 70s working class areas. Our Heinz 57 offspring no doubt made local posties' lives a misery for years. I was told when I was older that my dad drowned one litter. My parents being of modest means followed the stratagem of tolerate-and-wait , believing it would get better as the dog aged but it seemed to get worse - they eventually paid for her to be "doctored". I think that was post-litter-drown as my Dad couldn't face that again.

I quote to show I appreciate a good post.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The 70s was an odd time to experience ones youth in. Maybe everyone thinks that of their time - but we have changed an awful lot since then.
  • I also love the wayback machine Davy posts. Top stuff. I couldn't help but remember Seamus Heaney lessons in school as a kid.
  • Jaysus.

So I took Lady to the dog park where there were a couple of other dogs. She's been getting friendlier so I thought it was worth going in. One dog scared her (he was just playing) and she cleared the fence in a single leap and hit the ground running at 35kph. Got the lead on her again and she snapped the metal hook when she got a second fright as the dog looked at her through the fence. At this point I was close to imitating the guy from the FENTON JESUS CHRIST video.

Got her a new lead and harness as soon as we left the park.

She's sat on the couch now licking her paw and limping a lot. She hurt that toe again. :-(
  • Ah man, she sounds like such a delicate girl. I bet she's a lovely nature, just a bit shook from her earlier life. I'm sure you giving her the love will be fine and soothe her, coops.

I look forward to having a dog again, had them when I was a kid, haven't been able to since (work etc), but the 'new normal' has me thinking I could (wfh 3d pw). If/when I do, it'll be a rescue dog.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Might be better getting a play date for her first!!!!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!