Resident Evil
  • Jesus that's a bit of a weird thing to put it in a game like that. Was it announced that they were doing it?

It's been done since Halo 3 in Crackdown, this early demo stuff.

Sounds great Rick, can't wait!

• Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Konami were the first I can remember, the MGS demo came on its own disc with ISS Pro Evolution. I'm not sure about the reasoning behind the games that are paired together. Do they expect to sell more copies of Dragon's Dogma off the back of the Resi 6 demo?
  • Yep, I guess so.
  • Konami were the first I can remember, the MGS demo came on its own disc with ISS Pro Evolution. I'm not sure about the reasoning behind the games that are paired together. Do they expect to sell more copies of Dragon's Dogma off the back of the Resi 6 demo?
    Resident Evil: Director's Cut for PS1 appeared to have been created just so they could show off the sequel with a demo. It's been a Capcom thing for a long time. It's slimy sure, but that demo for 2 was pretty exciting when I was a squeaky teen.
    XBL: DJ Rick Joyce
    PSN: P-BAP
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    At least they haven't bundled a AAA demo with a truly shit cash in game. Yet.

You up for some co-op then Rick?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I am so in for Resi 6
  • At least they haven't bundled a AAA demo with a truly shit cash in game. Yet. You up for some co-op then Rick?
    Yeah, won't be home for a couple hours though., sorry.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I'm off to bed now, but I did solo the first two sections. The first was very atmospheric, to the point where I was wishing something would pop out just to break the constant tension. 

The second was balls out gun shootery, which was great but I don't like the camera being so close, I can't see what the fuck I'm doing half of the time. Some people will argue that it's deliberate to enhance the feeling of vulnerability or some such bullshit, but I reckon it's just a poor camera position.
  • Yeah, you might be right, 'tis a bit close. Didn't ruin it for me, but I noticed it. Actually, I didn't try turning off the crosshair and replacing it with the traditional laser sight, might be more suitable. I'll be about for a game tomorrow.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    I only tried the first section last night, but the HUD was doing my tits in - first off its too big and intrusive, and second it kept popping up and switching sides, willy-nilly. Then it completely disappeared when the game was trying to lay on the tension. Just let me turn it off, please!!

I'll check out the other two bits later.

I'm a giant sucker for RE4/5 anyways, so don't expect any biased comments or anything.  :p
  • Just bought Resi 5.
    How the hell are you supposed to beat the first chainsaw guy?

The game feels a bit cheap in regards to bullet sponges
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That part of the game is stinky awful - have to keep getting in close when you make him drop and punch him- because obviously. Game becomes great after that. In fact I need my co op buddy back to finish it.

TEMPEEEE
  • Ah, thought it may be that but after doing at 4 or 5 times and it not appearing to do anything i stopped.

Hoping it does get better because frankly this boss is utter bobbins
  • Yeah, he is an utter shit. Super tough compared to the guys in 4
  • It would help if it at least made sense, how can an uppercut possibley be a better option than grenades bullets or a machete?

Nonsense and not in the good way
  • Just shoot him a few times, run away a bit, shoot him again, repeat
  • Yup, worked for me. Love Resi 5.
  • Yeah dont think it will be that hard now I know for sure what to do.
    Given ot a rest as it was giving me a headache, dont remember gettin headaches from Resi 4
  • It's a pretty easy game once you get a roll on. Just switch to your most powerful weapon when guys like the chainsaw ones appear
  • It would help if it at least made sense, how can an uppercut possibley be a better option than grenades bullets or a machete?

Nonsense and not in the good way

Have you seem Chris's arms? Like fo reals?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    The giggly guy with the sack on his head? You should have the Rifle by then. Back off, scope his cranium, shoot. Depending on what difficulty you're playing on it'll take a fair few shots. Note that the first time he goes down he's not dead.

Just played the other two sections on RE6. They're okay-ish. That China bit is basically Army of Two 2 without the cover. I turned the third section off cause it seemed spoilerish. The controls seem a bit wooly after playing MP3 and GR:FS in the past month, but i'm sure that'll fade once i get my RE head on nearer the release date.
  • Curtis wrote:
    The giggly guy with the sack on his head? You should have the Rifle by then. Back off, scope his cranium, shoot. Depending on what difficulty you're playing on it'll take a fair few shots. Note that the first time he goes down he's not dead. Just played the other two sections on RE6. They're okay-ish. That China bit is basically Army of Two 2 without the cover. I turned the third section off cause it seemed spoilerish. The controls seem a bit wooly after playing MP3 and GR:FS in the past month, but i'm sure that'll fade once i get my RE head on nearer the release date.
    Did you get on with the meleeing? I kind of prefered the old system, but I might just not get the new one. I think the dodging is more fun than MP3 as you can do that hilarious little sidle when you're on your ass.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Do you know including shooters, I've beaten every Resi game that exists except 5? I don't know what it is about 5 but it just seems too mental for me.
  • Its shanty towns Reg, put a shanty town in a game and it's guaranteed dick around time
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I just don't like scumming with poor people. Stopped me in max Payne 3 too
  • Troublewith poor people is they can be organised but are still more than happy to eat you in the face
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Do you know including shooters, I've beaten every Resi game that exists except 5? I don't know what it is about 5 but it just seems too mental for me.

Impressive. I keep thinking I should sit down and play through Resi 3, as it's the only mainline game that I haven't done.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So, implausibly, I've never played an RE game before...

What's the best starting point??
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Resi 4. The old ones are probably a bit clunky these days, and 5 is hit and miss.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I think Re:make is probably worth it along with 4, just so you can see how it started and what a grand reinvention 4 was.

Also it's pretty damn good

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!