Resident Evil
  • Do I get my ps1 and resi 2 down from the loft?
    The Forum Herald™
  • No
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Get the GameCube ones down instead.
    Get schwifty.
  • This remake looks insanely good. I will be too much of a pussy to play it, but will look forward to a walkthrough. will there be VR support with it? Resi 7 was so much better for it.
  • It’s third person so I’m guessing it’s not high on the priority
    The Forum Herald™
  • Apparently a 30min timed demo of RE2 is dropping on Jan 11. Xbox only for the demo alledgly. Eurogamer seemed impressed with the game in their preview.

"...... S. T. A. R. S........ "
  • The DMC5 demo was also Bone exclusive. Wonder if it’s anything to do with Microsoft... sorry, I meant m$ trying to get people to buy more of the multiplats for their system.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Timed excluisves and DLC are the way forward. More cost effective and essentially harmless.

I'm probably in for Resi 2 but it's no way a day one purchase anyway.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I am keen to play it. It took me a while to work up the courage to play 7 but it was worth it. I never got to play 2 originally
  • I played two on PSone back in the day..

To be fair pre-internet it was a pretty tough game.

But I guess these days you'd breeze through fairly handy with a guide.
    The Forum Herald™
  • RE2 is my all time favourite RE game. I hope this will do it justice. Someone correct me if im wrong, but was this the first game to have a two character playthrough? I found it amazing when asked to put in disc 2 and play through the other character. The decisions chris made, affect claires playthrough.
  • I got a PlayStation with Resident Evil 2, I was petrified to play it, but the experience for me was like no other at the time, just a solid game. 1998 was a great year for games.

This remake looks so much more involved but I am a bit of a wuss with horror games so will probably give it a miss. Looking forward to hearing more about it though.
  • Dinostar77 wrote:
    RE2 is my all time favourite RE game. I hope this will do it justice. Someone correct me if im wrong, but was this the first game to have a two character playthrough? I found it amazing when asked to put in disc 2 and play through the other character. The decisions chris made, affect claires playthrough.

Yeah this was the first one to do it. Loved this back in the day, I feel it's a bit of a shame to not just HD up the og and keep it isometric but this does look stunning
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • It’s Leon not Chris! Chris is the loser’s Leon.
  • This is true. Leon and his curtain hair *swoon*
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Also Claire is the loser’s Jill
  • Jill is a loser's sandwich.
  • When is this out?
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • RE2 was one of my all time top 5. Played through it so many time on PS1 and even bought it on N64 and completed it again and again and again.
    Might be worth whacking this on the credit card because there’s no way I can pass this one up
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • The 25th. Cannot wait for it. The original has gotta be in my all time top 5. Gonna give it every hour I’ve got whilst on nights and the few days I’ve got off before going to NYC & Vegas. That’s after attempting to fly through Oninusha on the 15th.
  • Ooooooh. The 25th. Wonder if I can get away with taking my Xbox with me when I go to training college...
  • Ooooooh. The 25th. Wonder if I can get away with taking my Xbox with me when I go to training college...

Why would you not?!
  • Because my wife uses it for Netflix, amazon prime video, iPlayer etc.
    It’s also useful for putting on a film for the boys when she needs to have a shower or get some chores done.

• Just get her a smart stick thing and enjoy both of your lives, they’re like £15
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    RE2 was one of my all time top 5. Played through it so many time on PS1 and even bought it on N64 and completed it again and again and again.

If you've still got RE2 on N64, you could probably sell it and use the cash to get the new version. The '64 version is worth reasonable amounts of money, iirc.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I sold it last year, made £50 on it!
  • Looking forward to the demo.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    RE2 was one of my all time top 5. Played through it so many time on PS1 and even bought it on N64 and completed it again and again and again.

If you've still got RE2 on N64, you could probably sell it and use the cash to get the new version. The '64 version is worth reasonable amounts of money, iirc.
    Its also the heaviest N64 cart iirc.
    There's a pointless fact for ya.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I sold it last year, made £50 on it!

giphy.gif
    LivDiv wrote:
    Its also the heaviest N64 cart iirc. There's a pointless fact for ya.

Pub quiz gold.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • From Gamespot

Resident Evil 2 Remake "1-Shot" Demo Releases Soon, And It's An Unusual One

The release of the Resident Evil 2 remake is creeping closer and closer, and soon you'll get a taste of the action. But true to the tense survival-horror tone of the series, it's going to be a race against the clock that tests your skills and wits, and once time has expired you're out of luck. A demo will be available to download from January 11 through January 31.

The "1-Shot demo" for PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One will last just 30 minutes. You'll be put into the shoes of Leon with a set of objectives to complete. If you finish them before the timer is up you can restart the mission to explore Raccoon City again to fill out the rest of the time. If you become a zombie snack, you'll be able to continue as much as you'd like until you hit the time limit.

Once you complete the demo, you'll get to view an exclusive new cinematic trailer. You won't be able to play the demo again once the time has expired, but you can view the trailer as much as you'd like.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!