Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    adored said:

Get an avatar!

I'm on my damn iPhone most of the week these days. Finally heading home tomorrow, so will do so then.
    Get schwifty.
  • When's the 1.6 patch released for consoles?  Is there going to be one?
  • Haven't heard any mention of one. If they release another patch, perhaps it'll be part of the DLC. 
  • Couldn't they get some new art for the DLC teaser?  It's just the Dovahkiin with glowing eyes and a quiver!

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Haven't heard any mention of one. If they release another patch, perhaps it'll be part of the DLC. 

Thanks.  I haven't touched Skyrim since the 1.4 patch but am going back to it tonight.  Hopefully all the major bugs have been fixed although my game played pretty well bar a few glitches and weird things happening every few hours.  Oh and the game froze when I had been playing it for a long time so had to reboot the Xbox.
  • I only ever had one bug and that was the other night; I absorbed a dragon's soul before he was dead. Was actually kinda cool fighting a skeletal dragon...
  • I remember an annoying bug whenever I entered the tomb full of vampires for one of the (I think) College of Winterhold quests.  It would lag really badly for me.
  • I'm able to forgive bugs in the game. It saved often enough that losing 2 minutes of progression isn't all that big of a deal.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Heathenish shenanigans! 
  • Edit: hold on, I'm not sticking with this until he sees it; could be days.
  • I'm still struggling to really get into this.  I put it on for a little bit but then get distracted and play something else for a while.  I just can't get commit.  I kind of feel its just too big and daunting...
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I'm still struggling to really get into this.  I put it on for a little bit but then get distracted and play something else for a while.  I just can't get commit.  I kind of feel its just too big and daunting...

Take it in chunks then.

In my opinion the easiest way to play is to stick to the story until you feel suitably curious as to run off to do different things. 

The story is actually pretty well put together and will take you on a journey throughout the world at any route. 
  • Played a few hours of this now and lovin it. It has all the crazy quirks of Fallout which I loved (not played an elder scrolls before).

Decided to kill a chicken in the first town i went to, apparently a crime punishable by death lol.
    So i reloaded and as i left the building a dog fell from the sky and landed 4 foot in front of Me letting out a yelp as it landed.
    I really hope bethesda never iron out all the glitches, just the game breaking ones.
  • I was thinking of doing that.  The next time I put it on, I was gonna focus on story mode.  I'm about halfway through it so far.

I've done the companions and the dark brotherhood side quests too.  I've also started the theives guild.

However, Google you are right.  Small chunks of storymode is the way forward.  Cheers.

•  a dog fell from the sky 

Just you wait till you meet the levitating mammoths.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Lol, I cant wait, it cracks me up.
  • I was thinking of doing that.  The next time I put it on, I was gonna focus on story mode.  I'm about halfway through it so far.

I've done the companions and the dark brotherhood side quests too.  I've also started the theives guild.

However, Google you are right.  Small chunks of storymode is the way forward.  Cheers.

Oh, you're quite a bit further than I thought. I  gave up my first game at about the 35 hour mark. Sometimes it does get a little 'too' much.
  • Blocks100 said:

a dog fell from the sky 

Just you wait till you meet the levitating mammoths.

Dragon heads sprouting from the ground are a favourite of mine. I've neglected this for too long, I should really get back to the main quest.
  • google said:

Oh, you're quite a bit further than I thought. I  gave up my first game at about the 35 hour mark. Sometimes it does get a little 'too' much.

Yeah, I've managed to log about 26 hours so far.

Did you give up on everything then at 35 hours?

• google said:

Yeah, I've managed to log about 26 hours so far.

Did you give up on everything then at 35 hours?

I just got quite bored with the character I was playing. It was a straight one handed warrior build who was basically invincible to everything. No real fun at all.
  • I think thats the wall I've hit.  I'm a straight up warrior who fights with sword and sheild.  The combat has boiled down to block and bash mindlessly over and over. 

The game is incredible in every area apart from the combat.  Maybe I should of been a mage, a bit more variety.

• I started a mage and after the initial confusion, it went pretty well.

Do it. Are you on PC? There are a huge amount of good mods available to play with that really make the magic stand out even more.
  • Sadly not, got it on Xbox 360.  I do enjoy the game, but I think it will just now be story mode.

I will probably never finish or get rid of the game.  Download content could reignite the interest.

• I think thats the wall I've hit.  I'm a straight up warrior who fights with sword and sheild.  The combat has boiled down to block and bash mindlessly over and over. 

The game is incredible in every area apart from the combat.  Maybe I should of been a mage, a bit more variety.

Sneaky archer every time! I've always struggled with the hand to hand stuff in Elder Scrolls games, so I usually end up as a mage.

The archery in this however is just so damn good I wouldn't want to play it any other way. The first time I took down a giant with a single shot while hiding in a bush a hundred or so yards away was just awesome.
  • I'm a sneaky archer too!  A sneaky archer cat with x15 damage with daggers if you don't see him.  I'm about 40 hours in, and I'm playing it the same way I played Oblivion and Fallout, in that I never continue with the story while there are side quests to be done.

I end up on ridiculous tangents like doing all the Thieves' Guild quests and then everything with a Daedric touch.  So I've barely touched the main quest, but I do run the Thieve's Guild with an iron fist.
  • [quote]The critically acclaimed action RPG was updated with support for Kinect voice control earlier today.[/quote]

Say Eurogamer; is that true, has it been patched?  I really want the Kinect voice stuff, it looks superb.
  • HOW THE FUCK DO YOU QUOTE
  • Elmlea said:

I'm a sneaky archer too!  A sneaky archer cat with x15 damage with daggers if you don't see him.  I'm about 40 hours in, and I'm playing it the same way I played Oblivion and Fallout, in that I never continue with the story while there are side quests to be done.

I end up on ridiculous tangents like doing all the Thieves' Guild quests and then everything with a Daedric touch.  So I've barely touched the main quest, but I do run the Thieve's Guild with an iron fist.

That sounds incredibly familiar. My sneaky archer's my second character with over 120 hours spent on her, and I'm nowhere near the end of the main quest.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!