Raiziel's Skyrim thread
  • If you've got Hearthfire installed then you'll notice there's deposits of clay to be mined in the world; that's one of the key materials, along with glass and wood (although I think you can't mine glass, only find supplies of it as loot or purchase in shops) Start stockpiling all these now.

The default build options in Hearthfire are very limited though; I'd recommend installing some mods for the full Tom Nook effect.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I don't think you can install mods on the PSVR version. There is a handy bug that means clay and stone get collected at an insane rate, though.

Been building up Lakeview as a family home type thing. Haven't decided whether to install the tower or another raised decking type thing at the far end though.

Really need to pick who's going to be the steward, primarily so I can get a bard in. Need someone that's going to fit in as someone who looks after the kids.
  • "An ass man, you said? Let me show you the power of Talos!"
  • I had no idea that Benedict Cumberbatch did that voiceover.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I paid six quid last night for the official survival mode mod. I am a tool.
  • You are; survival modes are shit.
  • Hi Cockbeard, this be the thread.

Currently replaying Skyrim for the umpteenth time but as an evil illusionist. Satisfying now that I can quiet cast Fury on foes and get them to duke it out with each other before I pick off what's left.

I had seen the Oblivion mod; first reaction was one of disappointment as it is a retelling of the main original quest which was complete hokum. Which I know isn't saying much in relation to the series as a whole. Major respect to the modders who pulled this off though. Incredible talent and dedication. Which Bethesda tend to end up recruiting and then make em pump out inferior paid-for DLC.

Was more interested in the Skywind mod. Did that ever see the light of day?

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Hey up, I thin they're recreating all missions not just the main quest, which given that they didn't rely on radiant quests to bulk out the game actually means a lot more interesting stuff than in Skyrim. I did hear about the Morrowind one as well, but I guess that'll be these guys next priority, especially once they got a certain level of tools and automation, to help build the missions
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Now THIS is what I'm talking about!  Revealed only a couple of days ago at Gamescon apparently. Love the subtle heat-warp camera effect when the player approaches lava, something the original game just wasn't technically capable of. Voicework seems very good too, and there appears to be some sort of new bounty hunting system. 

Where Oblivion relied heavily on Lord of the Rings and High Fantasy for its general aesthetic and creature design, Morrowind was a startlingly original world, devoid of any comparison. From Giant Mushrooms to Ash Storms, you truly felt like this was an alien world where no gamer had trespassed before.

All art assets appear to be original in design, not borrowed from the Dragonborn DLC (which is just as well, as Bethesda would issue a cease and desist order). It's a brave move too to go with an original score, seeing as Jeremy Soule's composition was so intrinsically linked to the success of Morrowind. 

In the words of Azura, Fear Not, for I am Watchful.

• Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Recently built myself a new 1440p PC and bought a 32" QHD 144hz monitor to couple it. Started a new file in Skyrim tonight. My oh my, looks sublime. Going for a magic build this time. Something I've never done. 

Game looks amazing though. God I love PCs.
  • It still looks rather good aye. You can get it to run over 60FPS with an .ini tweak, I've had it at around 130FPS all maxed out and lovely. You need BethINI for it with some specific settings to get it to work right, let me know if you want some tips getting it setup.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I've heard the physics engine goes nuts if you play above 60fps?
  • I am back on this. Again. For the umpteenth time. It's the game that never dies. Do you know why? MODS !

Only playing on Xbox so don't have master race visuals, but tonight I'm about to install 'Skyrim is Windy'.  It makes the trees sway and foliage shake as if there was ACTUAL WIND. Such a smart idea and for such a small feature you wonder why it wasn't included in vanilla. 

Will post my load order shortly, but what mods do you guys swear by?
  • Speedhaak wrote:

Ha! This is Skyrim. It doesn't need ini. tweaks for the physics engine to go nuts.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    hahaha
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    That's true, I'd be interested to see your mod list. I'm not actually using any mods for some strange reason...
  • Speedhaak wrote:

It can do certainly, the usual methods of unlocking the framerate cause problems. I can't remember details but I went through a lot of different things to get it working, and BethINI does the job -

JFOCUoP.jpg

I have it running at 2x my monitor's res there for some noice upsampling. I'll also use Rivatuner to globally limit FPS to 138 also, and as long as it's not going over that there's no crazy physics problems. I chose 138 just because that seemed to have the least amount of tearing, you might find that when using adaptive sync you need to keep drop a few FPS lower than the monitor's max Hz in order to kill any tearing, I think because it can momentarily exceed 144 or 165 or whatever it might be.

Give it a try anyway, makes a huge difference, certainly if you want to use a mouse for better twitch spell aiming. Also the daft engine has different X and Y mouse sensitivities for reasons, you can tweak that in BethINI but it takes a bit of back and forth, let me know if you need help with that as I dialled it in pretty good.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Good shout dude, downloaded that and tweaked to my liking. Nice little find. Thanks.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Current mod list.

XsE8fGM.jpgHSwd0QI
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Mine is definitely longer but probably less taxing on my weak processor
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Oooh, interesting, cheers for that, will have a look
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Back again. Built a new PC back in January with a 32" QHD HDR montior so I thought there other day I must play Skyrim on this. And so I am.

Imperial dual wield. Not sure where exactly I'm gonna take him. Perhaps some sort of crit/sword build with simple enchant buffs.
  • I Always go stealthy archer.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Nine times out of ten I do that too but I am trying to force myself out of my comfort zone this time :P
  • Stealthy Conjurer. You need to level Illusion to 50 to get Quiet Casting to really take advantage of it, but summoning two Dremora Lords is fairly broken. Then you can conjure a bow, and stealthy archer with that.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    I got side tracked and fucked up my build, already :/

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!