regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    That's what kills me
  • Heh. 

Godspeed and Daniel Avery this year so far, they should both be good.
  • "You're not really into it as much as usual Manchester."

Could that be because four of the first fucking five songs you played were new Yellowcard? Oh look, you played Awakening and the place went mental.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Heh. 

Godspeed and Daniel Avery this year so far, they should both be good.

MANICS round 2 coming up.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mate it's the holy bible round 2 its untouchable
  • I get the gist of the idea - can't imagine going to a 70,000 capacity Oasis gig or whatever, or seeing Trail of Dead headline Wembley, but some bands... you miss the time. I couldn't have seen Holy Bible in 94. Never gonna be able to see Pavement tear up a little bar etc

That said, some bands are never dive bar bands, and i'd rather see Godspeed or Shellac than a dive bar band.
  • I went to the free Rage gig. It was awesome.

I love Oasis, but fuck going to an Oasis gig because the fans are by and large cunts at that sort of thing.

Less Than Jake were fucking amazing by the way.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    That's what kills me
    They were GR8
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    That's what kills me
    They were GR8

Aren't they back here like nowish?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    They might be, I haven't looked.  Ooh imagine Reg's face.
    Edit: they were here in January.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Saw The Decemberists a few weeks ago.  The new album can fuck off for the most part, but it was nice to hear the band in good form.  Seen them numerous times with the other half, it's been an ongoing thing over the years.  Never had a problem with the sound at Brixton Academy, decent venue imo.
  • Never got around to seeing them, not heard their latest. That cd with the ship on the cover was THE indie record at one point.

I booked tickets for Mogwai's 20th anniversary gig at Barrowlands, also got one for my flat mate for her birthday cos she was on the brink of tears when we saw them at the Yes rally last year.
  • Castaways & Cutouts, aye.  Still their best album tbh.
  • Was extremely fond of the proggy concept album that annoyed most of the fans though (Hazards of Love).
  • I discovered last week that a guy who just started work at mine has been to virtually every gig I've been to in the past 4 years, even some of the weird obscure ones. I have found my new gig buddy <3
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Never got around to seeing them, not heard their latest. That cd with the ship on the cover was THE indie record at one point.

I booked tickets for Mogwai's 20th anniversary gig at Barrowlands, also got one for my flat mate for her birthday cos she was on the brink of tears when we saw them at the Yes rally last year.

Rave Tapes is a cracker
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I loved Mogwai more than almost any other band, but after a few disappointing gigs and albums, I've had to let them go.

I'll always have the memories.
  • Outlaw wrote:
    I discovered last week that a guy who just started work at mine has been to virtually every gig I've been to in the past 4 years, even some of the weird obscure ones. I have found my new gig buddy <3
    ...or he's just copped to stalking you for the last 4 years.

Come with g if you want to live...
  • No way, I am the stalker supreme. No one would out-stalk me.
  • It is quite stalkerish to follow someone around for ages and then get a job somewhere they plan to work eventually.
  • See? I am best.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Planning and forethought regardless of occupation.
  • As an exclusive lover of electronic music, i tend to find the gig type affairs quite sterile. Too crowded, poor dancing space, regimented positions, shitty start/finishing times etc. Perhaps i've just attended the wrong type in the past, but the best nights out for me are always with the lesser known acts and in smaller venues. 

Apologies if that's an anti-contribution

Saw teed warming up for Darwin Deez in the academy in Manchester (before his tune was on that o2 advert, and still relatively unknown) and it was fucking amazing. First time I can recall seeing an electronic musician performing in that setting (I could be wrong about that though, the majority of the 2000's is a blur for me). Me and my Mrs were having a fag outside, and teed startedplaying. The windows of the building opposite were literally rattling out of their frames from the bass, so we ran inside to watch him.

Better than a club for me, that place.
    PSN: Its_DanDan_Ey
  • Went to see Warpaint again tonight. They're still great, and I'm still a little bit in love with Jenny.

Support act The Garden were wtf hilarious, I recommend searching for gig footage on YouTube. Came away actually having enjoyed their set despite then been the most ridiculous pair of twats possibly ever. They must've done about 25 songs in their 40 minute slot.
  • A quick Google reaveled this gem:

Californian garage punk twins The Garden have invented their own genre, says Alice Vincent.

• That does not surprise me. My overriding thought watching them was they'll never find anyone that lives their music as much as they do themselves.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Selfcore?
  • adored wrote:
    That does not surprise me. My overriding thought watching them was they'll never find anyone that lives their music as much as they do themselves.

You've clearly not hung around as many art school students as I have. I'm jealous.
  • adored wrote:
    That does not surprise me. My overriding thought watching them was they'll never find anyone that lives their music as much as they do themselves.
    You've clearly not hung around as many art school students as I have.

Oi.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!