Gigs
  • Any Glasgow/Edinburgh badgers up for a Postmodern Jukebox gig later this month?

I know their one joke is a bit played out by now, but they really do put on a life-affirmingly great live show. Whether you’re into their retro pop schtick or not, it’s a fucking great night out.

I was lucky enough to see them a bunch of times when they were young and hungry and playing smaller venues, but since the Mrs has only seen them live the once, she’s wanting to go along to the Glasgow show and take some Edinburgh pals with us.
  • Belle & Sebastian are planning a cruise ship festival in 2019. Roughly a grand per head for four days and 15-ish bands, cruising around the Mediterranean.

If anyone here might be into that sort of thing, they have an online survey running here to start planning from.

Personally I find the idea of blowing that kind of cash on gigs etc hilarious, but being a poncey Glasgow West End resident, I have quite a few local pals who are 100% up for it.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Hey I'll do some shit in Edinburgh . As long as I haven't missed it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Belle & Sebastian are planning a cruise ship festival in 2019. Roughly a grand per head for four days and 15-ish bands, cruising around the Mediterranean.

If anyone here might be into that sort of thing, they have an online survey running here to start planning from.

Personally I find the idea of blowing that kind of cash on gigs etc hilarious, but being a poncey Glasgow West End resident, I have quite a few local pals who are 100% up for it.

One of my pals I saw yesterday did the Weezer Cruise round Florida and fucking hated it. He kept bumping into rivers Cuomo and not liking it. Never meet your heroes.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Hey I'll do some shit in Edinburgh . As long as I haven't missed it

Looks like we’re doing the Glasgow gig on Thursday, sorry Reg. The Edinburgh one’s on Wednesday at the Usher Hall. I do recommend it for a good night out if you can round a crowd up.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nah I'm gonna be dead this next week.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    Belle & Sebastian are planning a cruise ship festival in 2019. Roughly a grand per head for four days and 15-ish bands, cruising around the Mediterranean. If anyone here might be into that sort of thing, they have an online survey running here to start planning from. Personally I find the idea of blowing that kind of cash on gigs etc hilarious, but being a poncey Glasgow West End resident, I have quite a few local pals who are 100% up for it.
    That sounds like fun, but a thousand lols at the price.
  • Couldn't they just hire a cheap barge and sail it up and down the Clyde for a week?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Hell is for Heroes/A/Vex Red tonight.

Despite the weird fucking lighting and the sound being a bit off it was an awesome night.
  • Off to see Electric Six tonight, not a fan tbh but my mate bought a load of tickets and a few have dropped out as it clashes with the utd match so felt a bit sorry for him. I've recorded the game so I'll watch it half cut when I get back!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I'm amazed they're still going.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I bet that's a great show.
  • Did they do anything else apart from 'I wanna take you to a gay bar!'?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They definitely had another song, but I can’t for the life of me remember what it was now.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Ah, Google says High Voltage.
  • Oh yeah, that was a good one too.
  • You're probably thinking of Danger! High Voltage, though there is an outside change you mean Dance Commander.

Edit - Bah, took too long going getting video links and also listening to the first one.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Dick Valentine of Electric Six plays a pizza bar in Liverpool quite often. The band my ex boss is in supports him.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Would a pizza bar be considered a wind or brass instrument?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Depends on the topping.
  • 13 albums later and the lead singer's basically an average Mike Patton which is still ok to be honest. He's a great front man top voice but with about a 13.6% hit ratio they just don't hold the attention. There was a song about McDonald's which was really good and a song called synthesiser which were decent. Gay bar and High Voltage were another level.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Jesus, apart from 2004 and 2012, they have released an album every year. They made up for those missed years though by releasing 2 albums in 2015, 2016 and 2017.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    @Beano     You curating this one fella?  I will deffo be there, if only for the 'Bandits.  Other acts sound erm...intriguing. 901537563eddd7865c91aab9d1887eb0-rimg-w416-h720-gmir.jpg

That poster's epiccccc, it's a Hot Sauce and Yeah Buddy gig.

Am gonna try and the Bandits to gig in April though.

Will keep you updated.

April is looking good forDumbulls, Pride Punx are up, New York punks + QFolk, anti-grand national punk / noise gig, culminating in Wrong Fest at the end of the month. Seesh.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Oh yeah - just remembered why I came into this thread...

Henge are playing Kaz'gardens next weekend, Saturday. It's FREE!!! First Liverpool gig too. I nearly went nodnoL to see them and Paddy Steer.

I think my utimate mega tit wank cum belowing gig would be

Paddy Steer- Full Sun Ra ensemble
    Bob Log III and the Town Bikes
    Thomas Truax
    Henge
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Dinosaur Jr tonight in the Albert Hall Manchester. Good venue, looking forward to it
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @mangman, enjoy! I don't know the venue, but just being in an nice building does add a lot to the overall experience.

I saw Cornelius the other day, that was pretty awesome. I didn't really now what to expect, didn't know it was a 4 man (well, 2 male 2 female) band so that was a nice surprise. Don't even know how old they are, their I guess biggest hit (point) was released before I met B, so that's what, 14 years ago?

They had some good animations in the background, and their music was timed to that. Was well worth it. Was in The Fonda Theatre, hadn't been there before. It's on the end of the Hollywood Boulevard and it's a pretty old venue, think it started out for stage plays, at the end of the '20s. Tricky will play there in a couple weeks as well, might get tickets for that.
  • Hmm. I don't know Cornelius. But you're right about a decent venue adding loads to the experience. We saw Godspeed at the Albert Hall last year and they had a visual show which really enhanced the whole thing.

Apparently the venue is haunted. An episode of Most Haunted was filmed there, which is conclusive evidence.
  • Cornelius is amazing, lucky you Nina! It’s really just the one guy – his live band varies. Grab a couple of his albums for excellent background music when working, too.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    And we almost didn't go (it was a bit more than we want to pay for bands), but so glad we did. I haven't listened to any of their new stuff, so will have to check that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    mangman wrote:
    We saw Godspeed at the Albert Hall last year.
    The Albert Hall is a terrible venue. It might be okay if you're down in front of the stage, but the seats higher up around the edge have just about the worst sound quality I've ever experienced.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!