ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    You won't get a line up that good, but when they come near you, if you like four chords then go and enjoy massively
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • You know you're turning into an auld bastard when you can only last 30 minutes of a Sleaford Mods gig before sloping off to get a nice hot chocolate beverage and bed down for the night.

In my defence though, there were mitigating circumstances.  4 nights spent camping on the freezing plains of Salisbury for the End of the Road festival.  Second successive year for me and the line-up (considering its only curated by a small team) couldn't have been better if I'd handpicked it myself:  Cate Le Bon, Jessica Pratt, Hinds, The Drink...just a stella selection really.

Curiously the headliners, Tame Impala, Lara Marling, SufJan Stevings failed to get me going.  The smaller acts were an utter delight though, including Euros Childs who was most surprising of all, considering I was never really into Gorky's.

This year there seemed to be more people there for the festival 'experience' rather than taking notice of the bands, which is a bit of a shame.  Quintessentially though, it'll always remain a festival for indie-folk chin strokers like myself and if they can keep on corralling all the bands I like into a field for a three days, I'll put myself through the whole camping shite next year, this time equipped with a 4-season sleeping bag and a bottle of gin.

end-of-the-road-52.jpg

The utterly lovely Hinds.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Hahaha. You're not officially old until you leave each night and go back to a nice cozy hotel tho.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Zapp band playing Jazz Cafe in November. Even without Roger, has to be worth going right?

• Anyone know of any reliable ticket sites off the beaten track?  Said I'd go on the bench for a Melvins concert at the Electric Ballroom next Saturday, which someone has now dropped out of so I'm getting his ticket, but another mate is now up for it and ticketmaster/seetickets are sold out.  Would rather my mate missed it than hand money over to a tout.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Apart from following twitter feeds of the Melvins and whoever supporting them, because if people genuinely drop out they will reyweet tickets going at face value. At least most bands I know do, but yeah apart from that it's touts I'm afraid
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Could also try Scarlet Mist. There are none up there now but you could post that you're looking and see if you get lucky.
  • We Got Tickets is usally a good site, although i think they only got Melvins for this Thurs....
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Melvins tonight,  not my usual thing (I'm a lyrics man an I couldn't decipher a single world) but by God that was a good gig.  Two drummers ridiculously in sync and a frontman with ridiculous hair.  Would see again.  Support act made the most noise I've ever heard a two-piece make too.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Melvins are amazing, Buzz's hair should have its own band.  They played Meredith and a bunch of the softer indie types were smirking and saying "yeah no-ones into this" while the rest of us were in awe.  Sludge.  Lyrics are quite good actually in a surreal kind of way.  Some of it is singalong, Bulls and Bees has discernible stuff.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    http://youtu.be/eDAb2jaWrw0

If you're keen on 'influential' bands, Melvins are one o them.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • I saw the Melvins play back in 1991. All I can really remember is the hair, but it didn't have any influence on me.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • I think I remember enjoying them even without knowing their stuff.
  • Glad you enjoyed it muzz. Did your mate get a ticket in the end?

My ticket for this guy arrived yesterday. So psyched to see him again, he's brilliant live. Not sure if he's bringing a full band or doing it acoustic actually, but either way it should be a good gig.

https://youtu.be/dU7gVC1Cgzk
  • Nope, mate had to miss out.  We did find him a ticket on Gumtree, but by that point he'd made other plans.
  • Ah too bad. I've missed out on loads of gigs recently, not been quick enough off the mark with getting tickets.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Saw Grave Pleasures last night. Formerly Beastmilk with some lineup changes so wasn't sure what to expect but they were great and a lot of their new stuff actually sounded better live. Plus they mixed in a good chunk of BM tracks so a great night all in.

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Outlaw wrote:
    Glad you enjoyed it muzz. Did your mate get a ticket in the end?

My ticket for this guy arrived yesterday. So psyched to see him again, he's brilliant live. Not sure if he's bringing a full band or doing it acoustic actually, but either way it should be a good gig.

https://youtu.be/dU7gVC1Cgzk

Pretty certain Dan will be on his toddler, but Sam Russo will likely be on stage with him for various tracks, like a teeny tiny revival gig. Which show you at?
  • I have ishoos with Sam Russo since he plonked his 6 foot odd frame in front of me and blocked my view of Andriano last time. It's like, bro you're IN the show, fuck off.

Will be at the Manchester one. Are you going to see him too? The new album is amazing, I can't wait to see him do it live.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I think I'll still be in Bournemouth, so maybe Southampton, really not sure at the minute, could be here, Southend, Derby no idea yet
  • Where's he playing in Southampton? He's at a weird venue up here just wondering if that's replicated across the tour.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Outlaw wrote:
    Glad you enjoyed it muzz.

FFS MOOT IS NOT ME!!!
  • Haha, I literally didn't even notice I'd done that, and I've seen this post like 10 times today. Sorry muzzy & moot!
  • I let it slide because I was flattered to be confused with someone who takes less than four hours to get around a golf course.
  • I’m seeing Idlewild tomorrow night backed by a full orchestra (the RSNO). It’s in an abbey.

I’m not a huge Idlewild fan, but they’re always pleasant enough and this sounds like a one-off worth catching.
  • Sounds interesting.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I never went mad on Idlewild, then a mate described their last album as his AOTY. Whilst I wouldn't go that far, it did give me now on repeated listening than I got from it at release
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    poprock wrote:
    I’m seeing Idlewild tomorrow night backed by a full orchestra (the RSNO). It’s in an abbey.

I’m not a huge Idlewild fan, but they’re always pleasant enough and this sounds like a one-off worth catching.

Saw that. Their last two albums have been wank but if they stick to in remote part and the one after that I can't remember the name of but had love steals us from loneliness and welcome home and so on, you'll be a pig in shit

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!