Gigs
  • Kow wrote:
    Yes, exactly the same. My Nick Cave concert has been rescheduled too and there was no hint of a refund on offer. I'm hanging on to the ticket anyway but the option would have been nice, especially in these fucking times. There's probably some highly convoluted way of getting one involving hours on a paid number talking to a machine.
    Yeah, that wouldn't surprise me. I don't even have the fecking ticket because they don't post out till nearer the gig. All I've got is my account/booking/receipt with them. Shower of cunts.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Here's one for the hive mind. FUCKING TICKETMASTER.
    I've got a ticket to see George Thorogood in Glasgow in a couple of weeks. Cost me about 50 quid iirc.
    Obviously it's not happening.
    Booked with Ticketmaster months back, and they emailed me about a month ago to inform me that it's been rescheduled more than a year from now and my ticket will be valid for the rescheduled date.
    Here's the catch. They haven't offered me a refund, and I can't see any way to claim one on their website.
    Scamming bastards are clearly planning on collecting the interest accrued over the period of a year. Me? I'd like my fecking money back, because I know I'm not even due to be in this country on the rescheduled date next summer.

Anyone had any similar experience with these feckers?

Ticketmaster is bad
    Spoiler:
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Same thing happened with our Faith No More tickets, but it's been rescheduled to my birthday next year so....that is pretty great.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Having a quick scout around, it seems that they have changed their policy due to Covid stuff, from giving refunds if gigs are postponed or rescheduled, to only if they are cancelled. They are of course blaming individual event organisers.
  • That has to be fucking illegal.
  • Everything Ticketbastard do should be illegal. I’ve had a gig rescheduled to next year with them too. Not even a whiff of an option for refunds.
  • Sadly, it's not the same for the Welly Club in Hull, (Poprock will know) as their owners have gone into admin.

And this makes me a bit sad, yeah. I mean, it’s well over 20 years since I’ve been there but it’s still a shame.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    In the app there's options to sell or transfer, but not refund. It is a weird one.
  • Aye, they're basically fucking at it.
  • SeeTickets usually have the option to pay an extra few quid on top of your ticket price for 'cancellation insurance', so if gig is unexpectedly cancelled, you get your money back.

Presumably, they still pocket the cancellation insurance fee.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:
    Same thing happened with our Faith No More tickets, but it's been rescheduled to my birthday next year so....that is pretty great.

You wanted to see them
    Spoiler:
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    SeeTickets usually have the option to pay an extra few quid on top of your ticket price for 'cancellation insurance', so if gig is unexpectedly cancelled, you get your money back. Presumably, they still pocket the cancellation insurance fee.
    I don't go to many gigs nowadays, but in my world, if a gig is cancelled or rescheduled, then you're entitled to your money back.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Well thery're hoping you resell it and through their own channel so they can collect a commission from you, and another booking fee from the new purchaser. Because you know they're all about killing touts
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • At least I could beat the money out of a tout.
  • g.man wrote:
    I don't go to many gigs nowadays, but in my world, if a gig is cancelled or rescheduled, then you're entitled to your money back.

Oh yeah I totally agree with you there, it is pretty scandalous that one has to pay a separate insurance fee just to get your money back in the event of gig cancellation. Inept government refusing to regulate industry isn't it.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • … Sadly, it's not the same for the Welly Club in Hull, (Poprock will know) as their owners have gone into admin.

Just heard on 6Music that the Polar Bear has gone under as well. Hard times, these.

Here in Glasgow, the Sub Club is critically endangered. That’ll be a big name to lose.
  • Ticketmaster update.
    So my diary just reminded me that the George Thorogood concert I'm meant to be going to should have been tomorrow. Not a peep from Ticketmaster since they emailed to tell me my ticket would be valid for the rescheduled date over a year from now.

So back to my account on their website. Still nothing about refunds on the gig page, and nothing about refunds for Covid-rescheduled gigs anywhere on their site. Just a lot of vague waffle.

So I filled in the contact form (god forbid there would be a telephone number anywhere, but hey, they're clearly trying to make this as obtuse as possible for obvious reasons) on the site and explained I'd like a refund as I won't be here for the rescheduled date, and under UK law I'm entitled to a refund because the original contract has been broken.

An hour later, and an email arrives from Ticketmaster telling me that they're sorry to hear that I can't make the rescheduled date, and that they've refunded the full amount to my bank account, and it should be with me in a few days.

So there you go, for anyone in a similar situation, this can be done. They're just trying to make it as awkward as they can.

Result!
  • Impressive work G. You are Josef K himself.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Good news, but they're still cunts.
  • Yeah, won't be using them again in a hurry.
  • Just got some tickets for Black Country New Road at Future Yard. Finding it quite difficult to get excited about future gigs because everything still hangs in the balance doesn't it? This one's already been rescheduled three times already. If it does go ahead in June, they're reducing the capacity from 300 down to 50 as a socially distanced gig, the layout of which will look like this:

20200919_220129.jpg?w=768

Stand by your milk floats!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    With so many venues facing closure and the great work done by the Music Venue Trust to keep many afloat, myself and a few guys from Shout Louder are performing a few challenges during March to help raise money for the MVT

I'm looking forward to going back to the New Cross so chose to (virtually) walk there and back, 258 miles, which might be a little more than I can chew but who knows

https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/getgigready

ca3nTSq.png
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • @cockbeard   how is the trek going la?

In other gig news, just got meself some tickets for The Lovely Eggs at the Phase One for a Friday night in July. Not my usual cup of tea but any jokey Northern band will do at the moment, I am just absolutely gagging for some live music.

Disappointed to see that venues like Yes up in Manchester still haven't booking any gigs for the summertime. Suppose the uncertainties are still there in relation to whether we can still have a Summer at all I guess, so can't really blame them.

Gotta make a decision soon about Shame vs Sleaford mods because they're both playing the same bloody night in November in the 'Pool at different ends of the city. Going to be a tough one that as both are on fire at the moment, so I think they're going to sell out pretty quick - need to get my skates on.
  • In relation to the Music Venue Trust, I was rather disappointed I missed out on this beaut:

123825446_2808708342742515_7547538732086479235_n.jpg?_nc_cat=107&ccb=1-3&_nc_sid=110474&_nc_ohc=tlp8f7ZJpL8AX8bLlm2&_nc_ht=scontent.flhr3-1.fna&tp=14&oh=51dcc6fa7aa5c137c50e8e0fcafea2ed&oe=607A1F7C

... to raise funds for one of my favourite dive pubs, The Cali.
  • Managed to get two tickets to Run the Jewels in Glasgow next June. I'll be taking my son for his first ever proper live gig to The Barrowlands, one of the greatest venues in the country (which I haven't been to in almost 20yrs). Can't wait!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Can’t imagine going to a gig with my parents when I was young, quality dadding right there.
  • Yeah, I wish I had hipster parents.

In other news off to Mancland to see this lot in September:

260956818d10337deea2c76a849f0757_New-Psych-Fest-2021_With-1-e1618931950369-992-c-100.png

But not before seeing Black Country New Road at Futureyard this Sunday. That will be my first gig since seeing Dry Cleaning in The Hold at the Shipping Forecast last bloody April!
  • Wordcloud Festival is looking good this year Blocks.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    My first big concert was the Red Hot Chili Peppers, with my mom and cousin. We ended up in front of the stage, quickly lost my cousin as she went all the way to the front, and my mom was busy making sure all the wild guys wouldn't hit me most of the time.

Still have good memories of that. Years later when I met B it turns out he was there as well, but not one of the wild guys.
  • My first big gig was Poison, at Manchester Apollo. My Stepmum bought tickets for me and a mate, drove us all the way from Hull to Manchester and sat in the car park waiting to drive us home again. What a superstar.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!