Recreational Drugs
  • I used to really enjoy salvia, it's fucked up and intense but I quite liked the short spells of disorientation.
  • About to read about a salvia trip, titled "a looking glass into the universe."  Blimey.
  • Here's the simplification I think might help you understand the dimensions moving up from the fourth: If the fourth dimension is a line (time) between two points - like the first dimension is a line (length) between two points - the fifth dimension is equatable to the second dimension. It provides a 'temporal width'. This is what we have come to see as quantum theory. All those infinite possibilities that branch out from every passing instant make up the fifth dimension - the 'width' equivalent for time. It is all those seemingly infinite possible timelines. If you can wrap your mind around that, you might be able to extrapolate what the 6th, 7th and 8th dimensions might be like and so forth (presumably up to 10). That's all you need to know to understand what I experienced. 
    Ok, fuck off.  I'm going to read another one.  Calabi and Yau are very angry.
  • ^ I love it when people think their drug trips have granted them some special insight into quantum mechanics. It's so adorably naive. Who needs to study pure mathematics when you can just get yourself some 10X salvia extract and a big bong?
  • Quantum theory has NOTHING to do with "temporal width."  Pah.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The only time I think ive had illegal drugs was when I stumbled home from a club once and started muttering and moaning about the house and in bed. Woke my dad up who was incredibly worried by the whole thing and still reckons my drink was spiked as hes seen me drunk plenty of times and to him it was nothing like those times.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    just over 6 months clean from the weed. :) 
    after having it daily for around 17 years(ish).

my mate roy (remember him) died a few years back but il never forget a party we had at theweeble's house,
    there were 7 of us taking magic mushrooms who did it on a yearly basis, (usually on the anniversary of syd barrets death),
    and 7 taking them for the first time.
    roy were among the first timers as he had previously had trips but nothing quite as strong as this.
    anyway lots happend including our mate slickus looking like jesus and cooling us all down by riding an exercise bike real hard and fast for hours and roy lecturing everyone on photosynthasis.
    he had thought he had unlocked the secrets of the universe by morning and had to go meet his mum in town a few hours later.

it were later on (like a few years) roy got addicted to speed, thru a girl who just gave it out to him and had a habbit herself, and he also got himself a drink problem.
    he went in to rehab and came out fat as fuck with an addiction to food and had to take prescribed medication.
    weren't long afterwards he had a heart attack.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • n0face wrote:
    I used to really enjoy salvia, it's fucked up and intense but I quite liked the short spells of disorientation.
    A Canadian friend told me about salvia when I was in Korea. It sounded scary as hell.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    metascrawl wrote:
    By the way, still an insomniac Yoss? I've got an enormous bottle of first generation anti-histamines my friend brought me from Canada if you want a handful.

It comes and goes. I have been known to take anti-histamines for it, they can do the trick.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    That's not the same Graham Hancock who thinks aliens built the pyramids is it?
  • metascrawl wrote:
    ^ I love it when people think their drug trips have granted them some special insight into quantum mechanics. It's so adorably naive. Who needs to study pure mathematics when you can just get yourself some 10X salvia extract and a big bong?

I don't think naive is the word, especially with regards perception. For me it's just fascinating, and i don't think we should be too dismissive of the experiences people have. They're just fucking hard to communicate without sounding like a pretentious twat.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'm wondering if this couldn't be repurposed into a general recreational drug use thread.
  • Don't let him boss you around.
  • Only drugs I've ever touched are Poppers. Was interesting, never really felt like delving at all otherwise.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • ^ I love it when people think their drug trips have granted them some special insight into quantum mechanics. It's so adorably naive. Who needs to study pure mathematics when you can just get yourself some 10X salvia extract and a big bong?
    I don't think naive is the word, especially with regards perception. For me it's just fascinating, and i don't think we should be too dismissive of the experiences people have. They're just fucking hard to communicate without sounding like a pretentious twat.

I'm not dismissing people's experiences, I agree that psychedelic experiences are fascinating, or I wouldn't have undergone so many myself. But you don't have to sound like a pretentious twat if you don't appropriate the language of a science you patently don't understand in order to write about your experience. It is naive to think that you can gain instant, esoteric knowledge of quantum physics through drug use. You gain insight into about many things - psychology, perception, aesthetic experience - through psychedelics. But not particle psychics. You have to read books and do maths to understand science, there's no shortcut.
  • Used to smoke a bit and took a few other things, nothing too outrageous though. Getting stoned everyday didn't help much for me, I get too paranoid and I'm glad I gave it up.

I tried a legal high a few years ago, no idea what it was but it kept me up for two days straight and made me feel like my brain was trying to escape my skull. I was a bit pissed when it was offered to me, I doubt I would've taken it otherwise (taking random substances you've no idea about isn't very wise really).

Legal highs seem almost more dangerous than street drugs in a way, there's years of research into the effects of MDMA, cocaine, weed etc but legal highs are generally untested and offer an unknown experience for the most part.

I'm not much of a druggy these days but know that tons of this stuff is sold openly online and in shops throughout the country and there's hardly any regulation on it. It's perfectly legal until some new substance causes some scandal that makes the papers, and then the producers just tinker with the formula a tad and immediately start reselling.

EDITED: for phone related spelling mistakes.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    S'true. Yet another reason why our drug laws are entirely not fit for purpose. Decriminalise it all and make it safer.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Only drugs I've ever touched are Poppers. Was interesting, never really felt like delving at all otherwise.

I'm sure a few will massively object to what i'm about to say, but i really believe that aside from the mentally unstable, everyone should try lsd once. And if you like dancing, try mdma too.

I've only tried a legal high twice. Once it did nothing. The other time was fucking horrible. If i'm going to take something i either want to have lots of energy, see crazy things, get creative, or feel better than everyone else. I definitely do not want to feel like i'm in some kind of 24 hour lucid nightmare with limbs of jelly
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I've tried everything. It's all good in moderation.
  • I tried a cigarette when I was seventeen. I didn't like it.
  • Some legal highs are okay. They originate from different places - some have been around for a long time and have been studied scientifically and later rediscovered and capitalised on by vendors. MDAI is a good example of a pretty safe legal high. 5-MeO-DALT was a Shulgin invention and probably okay. Etizolam is a sold as a legal high here but is a prescription medication in India and China.

But some stuff, including some of the popular MDMA replacements like 6-APB ('Benzo Fury') and various other versions of the same thing I wouldn't go anywhere near. And the worst stuff by far are these artificial cannabiniods. They're super-potent and can cause seizures, and every time a family of these chemicals is outlawed several more spring up. A popular online vendor already had three new ones on sale designed to get around the recent AM2201, MAM2201 and UR144 type stuff before that ban even took effect. And of course they had a fire sale of the ones that were about to be banned, meaning that end users bought it all up for cheap. Way to get usage down amongst the population. Artificial weed is by far the biggest cause of hospitalizations in this country, more than all the other types of legal high put together. 

If you must use legal highs, you can reduce the risks as much as possible by finding a (relatively) reputable vendor that only sells chemicals under their actual chemical names, not branded shit like 'Charlie Sheen' and 'GoCaine' and then reading everything online about the chemical you are buying, including every last post on the relevant bluelight.ru thread, no matter how long and boring that might be. Then start *very* low and then gradually increase the dosage.

But if you want to be completely safe, just don't do it. You can never be sure that what you ordered is what you'll get, and even the best vendors aren't entirely to be trusted. They operate in a legal grey area, some level of sketchiness is inevitable with these people.
  • Sasukekun wrote:
    Only drugs I've ever touched are Poppers. Was interesting, never really felt like delving at all otherwise.

I'm sure a few will massively object to what i'm about to say, but i really believe that aside from the mentally unstable, everyone should try lsd once. And if you like dancing, try mdma too.

Not sure why I have to try anything to be honest. If I'm ever so miserable that I have to take a substance to have a good time then I might as well shoot myself now.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Who said 'have to'? Recreational drugs are no way a remedy for feeling miserable.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I agree with Code about MDMA and LSD. They both give you incredible experiences which you can't get in any other way and which can be fairly profound in their own way.
  • I don't know anyone who's regretted trying LSD, even if they didn't enjoy it at the time. One thing that's particularly great about it is no matter how fucking awesome it is, there's virtually zero temptation to do it regularly. Well, perhaps some people do, but i've never met them.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I was reading the psychiatrist Oliver Sack's book Hallucinations recently and he recounts his period of experimentation with psychedelics. He says that during one trip he said, to nobody in particular, "I want to see indigo" and immediately a panel of indigo appeared on a wall, seemingly outside the colour spectrum normally visible to humans. He said it was something he never saw again and has never forgotten. These are the types of experiences that make psychedelics valuable.
  • At uni one of my flatmates was the subject of a rather mean joke. He'd come back from a party and was enjoying his first LSD trip. We'd pre-discussed plans that at random intervals- to be signaled to the others by placing a beer on the carpet rather than holding it in our hands- we would all immediately stop talking, turn to look straight at him, hold pose for 3 or 4 seconds without saying anything, and then resume normal conversation again as if nothing had happened. There was fear in his eyes every time we did it. Looking back it was perhaps a bit of a shitty thing to do, but he didn't even remember it the next day.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Freaking out people on psychotropic drugs is a lousy thing to do. Strictly the behaviour of cunts. Although I've seen worse than that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!