Recreational Drugs
‹ Previous123456715
  • Stimulants. Downers. Dissociatives. Psychedelics. Entactogens. Ethnogens. Delerients.

Drugs that are any or all the above.

Drugs that are something else entirely (although I think I've got them all covered).

Drugs that make balloon animals at children's parties.

Love 'em or hate 'em, you can discuss recreational drugs here. You would be strongly advised not to incriminate yourself, so only talk about illegal drugs you've done in the past, not illegal drugs you plan to do or are currently on (nobody wants to read anything anyone writes while drugged up anyway, and you'll just be embarrassed when you read it back in the morning). On the other hand if anyone refers to themselves in the third person as 'swim' there will be harsh words spoken.

Go.

IMPORTANT EDIT: If one message should be made made absolutely clear in any discussion of poly-drug use, it is that nobody should ever mix opiates, opioids, benzodiapines, barbiturates, alcohol or any other a-typical central nervous system depressants, as by doing so you are basically encouraging your body to stop breathing, and that is probably the most common cause of death from drug use. Mixing stims might make you crazy and do irrational things and get yourself killed in the process, but please for the love of god do not give your body mutiple chemical messages that it is okay not to breath.
  • Games are the only drugs I use.
    Sorry, can't really help you. 

Although I have to say, you should quit taking drugs. In the end it's better for your health and your wallet.
    As for your gf, being psychotic and using drugs is a baaaaaaaad combination.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Limitless use of drugs fuck people because they will accentuate something that's wrong; previously, currently or prolonged. 

The only way out is to do more trippy drugs until you slap or kill yourself. 

Then you're good.

Coincidently, just reposted this on facebook.

"Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I've went through ego death (14 years ago). So don't lecture me unless you're versed. And don't misinterpret me.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Imo drugs are a wrong way of coping and will fuck u up in the long run.
    Face your shit, deal with it and move on.
  • "Other than the classic 'got caught steeling to fun my heroin habit'"? Wow.

Smoking too much weed fucked me up in my teens. But after a few years off it feels totally different now. 

You see a lot of people who've taken too much here in Berlin. But you also see a lot of people who've been taking mdma every weekend for a decade and seem perfectly fine. I'm not sure what separates these people. Perhaps it's character traits, perhaps it's dosage. The people who've taken too much speed stand out a bit.

I've never really tried any of those medicinal type drugs before, at least not recreationally. Dont see the appeal, personally. 

So while 've no doubt some people have lost friends or lovers over substance abuse, my personal experience is the opposite. There's a lot of great people currently in my life whom i'd likely never have met were it not for being a bit fucked up on something

Everything in moderation.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I predict daily mail by the time I come back.

Good night yo. X
  • The medical term you are looking for is schizo affective disorder.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Schizoaffective_disorder
    The psychosis part is brutal as is the bipolar disorder. Prognosis isn't too great either.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Meta, we should do the beer thing soon. And I don't know if we actually delete threads around these parts, but hopefully @Petey or @Facewon will turn up to scuttle it soon. Until then, I think we should make this about drug/videogame puns. I'll get us started:

Crackhounds
    Rockstar Games Presents: Beer Bong
    The Secret of Junkie Island
    I Can See Spiders, Maaan.
    Grand Theft Motivation

And a couple of easy ones:

Flashback
    Speedball

Take it away, people.
  • Dammit, I thought this thread was about being depressed and doing drugs!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nope, it's about Lucy in the Skies of Arcadia with Diamonds. TRIPLE PUN WIN!
  • Need........for SPEED!

I win hahahah!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Microdot Machines.
  • Can we do films? Mad Max Beyond the Methadone.
  • By the way, still an insomniac Yoss? I've got an enormous bottle of first generation anti-histamines my friend brought me from Canada if you want a handful.
  • You can't redact a thread about drugs, and then start offering them to everyone!
  • You can't redact a thread at all unless you PM everyone concerned and ask them nicely to replace all their posts with a .
  • I haven't got my pm yet.
  • Ha! That stuff I can, it's not even over the counter medication - you can get it on amazon and it's the active ingredient in nitol. No recreational value at all - although at very high doses it's anticholinergic effect can cause delirium ie. hallucinations that are indistinguishable from reality. But apparently the body-feeling at those levels is extremely unpleasant, and delirium is a very, very dangerous state to be in unless you have someone around to restrain you from acting out your delusions. People do do it though, check the diphenhydramine trip reports on erowid. Some of the spookiest shit you could ever read.
  • I didn't try to redact the thread, only my original post. I asked politely if it could be deleted, but if it can't I understand.

I'm sorry if I've made unnecessary clutter and/or work for people. I just wasn't as ready to put something so personal out there as I though I was.
  • Thing is, mate, you might want to ask folk to do that anyway.  As it stands right now you can still glean a lot from people's replies, so if you're worried about traceability, anybody reading this knows exactly what it is you don't want them to know.
  • Yes thanks, that hasn't entirely escaped my attention. I don't particularly mind the idea that someone might see that I've raised the general subject on here, but I just don't want people to see the specific detail of what I said in the original post. It's not hugely likely that anyone will I know will see it anyway, it was always on off-chance. I've handled things in the way I've chosen to do so - it's not ideal but it'll do for me. I don't really want to put everyone to the trouble of redacting their replies over a mistake that I made, although if anyone can be bothered to do so I would of course appreciate it. Like I said, this is my fault and I'd hate to put anyone to any trouble over it.
  • The what reports on what?
  • What the actual?
    Most of my memory is blacked out from that point on, with short bursts. I remember trying to light a paintbrush on fire thinking it was really a cigarette, as well as painting my teeth black. This drug made me completely out of my head. I had absolutely no control over reality and couldn't distinguish it from fantasy. It seemed to induce psychosis, causing completely irratic, schizophrenic-like behaviours. 

I didn't sleep at all that night, and was found covered in paint, screaming in the bedroom hallway for a telephone call to someone named Shawn at 6:00am. My mom, who knows I am bipolar with tendancies, thought I had entered in a psychosis, and took me to the hospital. 
  • The only time I ever thought I'd be seriously tempted by psychedelic drugs was when I read someone talking about being hit on the head with a plank of wood.  Someone did the comedy turn while holding it over their shoulders, and smacked him.

When he came to, there was a stereo playing, and he said he could see the music.  He could perceive the music visually.  That sounded absolutely wonderful as an experience, but I don't want to be hit on the head to have it.
  • Psychs frighten me quite a bit, which probably means I'd have the worst trip. I will continue to avoid them.
  • After accidentally taking 3 tabs of acid at a Roni Size event in Bristol I could perceive the music and fly through chords of base lines, it was really hard to get back to where I was staying after.
  • @Elmlea - Sounds just awful, right? I hadn't seen that particular report, and it's the only one I've seen where the user says they wanted to repeat experience to the point that they actually feel addicted. That's very rare - usually someone experiencing a deliriant trip does not want to repeat the experience, at least from a long time. That is why diphenhydramine and similar drugs are not controlled and can be bought off the shelf - the unpleasant nature of the experience is thought to defeat any recreational potential. That is the only case of addiction to that compound I have ever seen, and I've read quite a number of reports. For the same reason salvia divinorum is not thought to have abuse potential - it will give you a crazy ass trip but most people find it too uncomfortable and disturbing for it it to be considered a drug of abuse. But diphenhydramine I would have thought was even worse in that regard. Whoever wrote that report is a highly unique and presumably very disturbed person to be addicted to such a nightmarish experience.
‹ Previous123456715

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!