PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    you did want wireless though right
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    and a page turn right
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    you did want wireless though right

Not really. Had been happily been using wired sennheiser buds for years. Didn't see the need. I'm converted now though.
  • Aye, my wireless ‘phones have been a revelation. So much less faff.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    This concept is super cool...

"I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • A. You've missed most of that URL
    B. I don't think you can embed Vimeo, only link to it.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Balls! 

Here it is...

https://vimeo.com/175546306
  • How long is the video if I click the link?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • The same length as if you don't.
  • OK,thanks! I have a thing about nondescriptive links and my poor attention span doesn't like long videos. Maybe somebody could write a tl:dw?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • That video doesn't really explain anything.
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Duck sake! It's just a little desktop robot prototype... It's two minutes long!
  • I watched it. It's stupid and probably won't work in the slightest, but it is a bear.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Nah... That could be made to work...

In fact, the design is a move-on of a product by the same designer.

Suggesting it's stupid... I get your point, but I personally thought Alexa was stupid, and that's now a household name.

This thing has a few things going for it. Like the characterisation. Rest assured, there's a decent camera in there too.

And to my mind, if we can agree that the job of the receptionist will be one of the first to go to a machine, then devices of this class might become a viable choice...
  • Just realised the market for them is stoners. Seems more viable now.
  • For once my employer seems forward thinking. If you have an appointment, you ignore the receptionist and deal with a machine which notifies who you're meeting and prints a visitors pass. Doesn't look like a bear though.
  • But just think how much better it'd be if it was a bear.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Exactly.
  • It this the right thread for TV chat? We're moving soon and have convinced the wife that we should get a 4K TV when we move...

So I reckon the budget is max £1500. For that I can get an LG OLED ( LG OLED55B7V) which seems pretty tasty... or should I stick with a QLED for that price? Seems a bit of a minefield. I know I need HDR10 but that's about it. Any recommendations Badgers?
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yes. Not an expert but I think you should get LG OLED, i would get it in a flash if i had the spare cash. Many badgers say it's good and generally everything i have read about it is good.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Not sure how available it is yet, but HDMI 2.1 is probably worth looking out for if you’re planning to run a Bone X or probably any next gen console through it.
  • I personally wouldn't buy a new tv that wasn't an OLED. Don't have one yet myself, but we've been using OLED viewfinders on our cameras for years now, and they're a quantum leap up from any other kind of broadcast quality tech.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Still early days for variable refresh support with console games, but that will surely improve. So Freesync support of some kind (I think HDMI 2.1 includes support for that, though I imagine it depends on the manufacturer to implement it) is a really important feature to look for IMO.
  • Cheers chaps.

Googling about I don't think HDMI 2.1 is worth waiting for as I won't get it on a set I can afford. But knowing I should defo go for OLED is good!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Has anyone her tinkered with a Surface Book? I had resolved to treat myself to a new laptop if I got the job I applied for - my Chromebook is dying a death after a ridiculous amount of use over the past few years - and never got around to it.

Surface Pro screen size is a little too small for my liking but I really like the idea of getting a quality 2in1 that I can use for work, writing, and perhaps gaming too (I may need to lose my desktop in the near-ish future).
  • There really isn’t a lot between the two screen sizes of a Surface Book and Surface Pro (it’s about an inch, from memory), but the Pro’s just under a kilo lighter and a fair bit smaller so easier to fit in a bag.

We switched over to them at work, had a choice of either. I don’t regret picking the Pro at all - you can always plug it into a monitor down the line if you feel you need a bigger screen.

Rubbish for using on a lap though, the kickstand’s great on a desk/hard surface but just doesn’t work on legs etc.!

The Book’s nice, feels quality. The Surface Laptop is also probably worth a look as a bit of a half-way house?
  • Just got the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 global ed. in.
    Excellent little phone, well worth the money.

Seems Xiaomi has a deal with Google and Microsoft as their software suites come preinstalled.
    As does facebook.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • LG OLED 55B7V price dropping a lot today according to price spy, worth keeping an eye one to see how far it goes
  • Best 4K TV £500 or under? Can’t afford OLED unfortunately...
    Gamertag: gremill

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!