Retro Gaming
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Imagine the Game Boy Color played Game Boy Advance games and docked like the Switch. That's the Analogue Pocket, $199.

Looks very similar to Project Atlantis.

Analogue Pocket

3-analogue-pocket-and-games.original.jpg

Project Atlantis
    latest?cb=20180626171754
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Just noticed it has concave and convex buttons like the US SNES.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Dock is sold separately.
  • Lovely Dreamcast pics.

Too many games there that I regretfully sold recently.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Look at it another way though - a lot of Dreamcast lasers are starting to fail these days so you may end up having to resort to an SD card mod at some point in your life anyway.
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    Look at it another way though - a lot of Dreamcast lasers are starting to fail these days so you may end up having to resort to an SD card mod at some point in your life anyway.

I’ve got a new and boxed DC for a certain amount of ‘future proofing’, but I will definitely consider the SD card and HDMI upgrades.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I got my Dreamcast out of my parents' attic and the laser is going. :(
  • The laser is pretty easy to sort and a replacement is about £15.
  • Analogue thing looks like exactly the kind of thing I’m into.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The DC solid state mod appears to be rather good and easy to add. Think it's just a plug in thing that you swap out with the laser.

A certain something would be lost though.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • davyK wrote:
    The DC solid state mod appears to be rather good and easy to add. Think it's just a plug in thing that you swap out with the laser.

A certain something would be lost though.

Even as I get older, and my reflexes slow, I’ll always want to play Samba de Amigo.

If my DC dies, that pleasure would be taken away. I agree that a silent Dreamcast loses part of the charm though.

• Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Dreamcast pr0n on the previous page meets with rapturous fapping. Moar.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Also, re: the Analogue Pocket, if the adapters aren't too pricey, might be a great way of getting some more use from my Neo Geo Pocket collection. I'd have to pop round my Mum's place and fish my GameGear out of the loft, too...
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    If you ever wanted a pink Mega Drive or Saturn controller, now is the only time to get an official one as Sega, Retro-bit and Limited Run have teamed up to do some in aid of a breast cancer charity: http://retro-bit.com/Gamepink
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The DC solid state mod appears to be rather good and easy to add. Think it's just a plug in thing that you swap out with the laser. A certain something would be lost though.
    Even as I get older, and my reflexes slow, I’ll always want to play Samba de Amigo. If my DC dies, that pleasure would be taken away. I agree that a silent Dreamcast loses part of the charm though.

Hmmm... yeah. The Wii version isn't as bad as some say. It's controls do work despite what many say. It has more to do with the angle you hold the wiimotes at than their actual position - at least when it comes to the vertical co-ordinates. Though maybe they don't work as well. But nothing will ever replace the Dreamcast for me.

Would be interested to hear an opinion from someone who has played both versions enough.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I enjoyed Samba de Amigo on Wii... but only on easy. Bumping the difficulty up just revealed the issues with the controls.
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    If you ever wanted a pink Mega Drive or Saturn controller, now is the only time to get an official one as Sega, Retro-bit and Limited Run have teamed up to do some in aid of a breast cancer charity: http://retro-bit.com/Gamepink

That's oddly cool.
  • Questor
    Show networks
    Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/questornz/

Send message
    Yeah that's a top idea.
  • I’m on the side of the wii controls being crap - to the point of being almost unplayable
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Wonder if m+ would have benefited it.

I've never played it enough to judge but I wasn't troubled by them. I was just playing casually mind.
  • I was QA project lead on Samba Wii, enjoyed it. There was definitely a learning to do tho re. how the controls wanted to be done.
  • It was totally playable, just a knack.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I guess if you were trying to play it like the DC version you would have struggled.

This is video of some guy 100% at Hard. There's a link that downloads a guide to the controls...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Xh0ZS8DxZc
  • He FC'd but he didn't 100% (all perfects), getting a 100% FC on that would be something. It wasn't until Beat Saber that I really thought wavy control rhythm games could be really nailed, tbh.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    The guy who wrote the guide on the link claims he beat career mode on super hard.  I might break this one out and give it a go again.

I suppose it was never going to be good enough for hardcore though. I don't think the wavey of the time would have been up to it.

The wiimote is great at tilt though - Kororinpa and its sequel are excellent roll-em-ups. The sensitivity and finesse possible with it is impressive.
  • nick_md wrote:
    I was QA project lead on Samba Wii, enjoyed it. There was definitely a learning to do tho re. how the controls wanted to be done.
    Christ, I bet no one on your team had bingo wings after testing that all day.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    LivDiv wrote:
    nick_md wrote:
    I was QA project lead on Samba Wii, enjoyed it. There was definitely a learning to do tho re. how the controls wanted to be done.
    Christ, I bet no one on your team had bingo wings after testing that all day.

And I'm sure they were sick of Samba De Janiero too.  :)
  • Note to self. When playing Super Mario All Stars do not reset console after finishing a world. It doesn't save automatically.

At least I get to do World 6 again, yay. Especially after I'd done a possibly (probably not) speedrun worthy kill on the boss.

Still, was short of lives so I'll have a lot more next time I complete it.
  • Having nothing to do at work in front of the net is dangerous at times.

Just spent £350 on:

Boxed NTSC Nintendo 64 console
    Everdrive 64 X7
    EON Super 64 HDMI adapter

Looks like I'll be off loading the PAL collection sooner rather than later.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • qvtJ7hC.jpg

Blasted one of those over lunch, looks ridiculous but surprisingly fun.
  • That looks absolutely massive.
    And bonkers.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!