Gran Turismo 6 Released December 6: OP Updated
  • indigo wrote:
    I think they mean playstation phones & tablets, Vita's left out in the cold on this one.
    Why does this not surprise me? Sony doesn't seem to have a clue when it comes to the Vita.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    indigo wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    Yup, just read a Kaz quote on Ign stating that they have a Ps4 version 'in mind' and it may be possible to transfer your progress from Ps3-Ps4 versions.  Sry can't link to it, on phone.
    I won't be transferring anything if I haven't bought it, shiny could sell it me but I can't see how they could do it to any decent degree?
    They could use the uber detailed photo-mode car models during races, have much more complex Ai behaviour, more cars on track, improved physics & sounds, higher precision lighting etc. Gt6 on Ps4 could be amaze.
    I realise how a GT game could look on a PS4, I meant I don't see how they could do GT6 justice by patching a last gen version. What you mention isn't GT6 it's GT6 with loads of extra work that is still being restrained by having it's roots in a previous generation.

I don't want (though I would probably buy) GT6 from a diffferent gen but with some extra sheen, I would want GT7 with realistic damage, component failure, longer draw distances, dynamic weather, full 1080/60 3D and particle effects. I don't see how what amounts to a patch could do this?
  • There's always been two GTs per console and it's never been a launch game.. no doubt a lot of the new stuff will be ported to GT7 for PS4.

I'm uber excited about this.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Good News! (Apols for Double post!)
    GT6 on PS4
    Speaking to IGN at yesterday’s Gran Turismo 6 event at Silverstone (that also marked the 15th anniversary of the lauded driving series), director Kazunori Yamauchi said: “We actually do have a PlayStation 4 version in mind, but for this holiday season, we thought it would be best for users to release on PS3 for now.”

The Polyphony Digital master petrolhead added: “I thought the best scenario would be to have the game come out, then to have new scenarios, new DLC and other updates. Once the players have thoroughly played out the system, if the PlayStation 4 version came out naturally, as part of that process, I think that would be the best scenario.”

Yamauchi even hinted saves between the PS3 and PS4 versions may be transferable.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Indigo put that on the last page. It's a bit too vague to be concrete. Either way, no PS4 GT6 is still a missed opportunity.

If you're a GT6 fan then you can stick with the PS3 until the PS4 version moves from "in mind" to "on a disc".
  • agree with Mod and Moto, seems to be pretty dumb to release just about your biggest exclusive for your old console at the same time as a new console with (so far) little in the way of games to get really excited about.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Sack Yamauchi and put a producer who'll turn up for work on the job. srsly.
  • Well it's not perfect timing.. but it surely makes sense to sell it to the highest number of potential buyers..and we know that all the PS4 owners will buy a copy anyway.. it's win win.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    Neogaf put up a pic of the new interface.
    VQPaTCn.jpg

Typical of Sony to release a huge game at the end of the consoles life. Happened with God Of War 2 and GT4. It does send a strong message that they are not leaving the PS3 to die. The system is hitting its golden age thats for sure.
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • fuck it. 

GT, probably the most boring series of games ever. 

Every update/new version is the same fucking shit. 

New physics engine.. improved graphics, more realistic. They will start charging you real money for petrol soon. 

Seriously, it must be impossible to get excited about it. It needs a cunt punt. Needs some open courses, outrun style. 

Anyway, thought i should post it to make a point, i'm expecting to be slaughtered because i doubt non-GT fans are going to read this thread.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Bob wrote:
    Well it's not perfect timing.. but it surely makes sense to sell it to the highest number of potential buyers..and we know that all the PS4 owners will buy a copy anyway.. it's win win.
    no, the way i see it, buying GT6 on PS3 isn't too appealing to me, i've got GT5 and so buying the sequel for a 100+ more cars when i've not driven half the ones in the current game is a bit pointless.  obviously if reviews reveal some dramatic change that opinion might alter, but sticking to PS3 and it's 'just a sequel' to me...
    however, being a little bit superficial, the idea of GT6 on PS4, with super improved sexy graphics, better controller, blah de blah, makes the game much more interesting, and increases the appeal of PS4

anyway, i think Mod summed it up perfectly on page 1, where they could have their cake and eat it, just by targeting it differently....
    release it as "Super Duper GT6 only on PS4 (and available soon in scaled down from for you plebs stuck on PS3)" and you give PS4 a boost and can still sell lots to those that don't want to upgrade.
    but currently the plan is release it as "GT6 only on PS3 (and we'll probably port it to PS4 later for a quick cash in)"
  • For you maybe.

But the installed PS3 user base is vast.. the PS4s at that point wont be. Presumably Gran Turismo is up there with the most expensive games to make given the time it take to make them so for Sony it makes perfect sense to squeeze more life out of the investment in GT on PS3.

I certainly wont be junking the PS3 the minute there's a shiny PS4 under the telly.

As long as it plays well and fixes the few remaining foibles of GT5 and it plays well why the hell not?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    You're taking criticism of the decision not to bring it to PS4 as criticism of the game or a decision to buy it.
  • I'm not doing either. I'm suggesting why it makes economic sense for it to be a PS3 release and suggesting that if the game is good I'll buy it to play on my PS3 even if I already have a PS4 by that point.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Nobody has said don't release or buy it on PS3.
  • Ramsteelwood said it wasn't appealing to him ;)
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    ...or me but I also said I realise the financial rewards of releasing for a larger installed user base. Perhaps PD should have fucked off the Playstation completely and made GT6 for Nintendo if we're going down that route.

Perhaps it's just because until I see a difference between GT5 and GT6 that I am just presuming the difference isn't going to be that great?

I hope I'm proved wrong.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Between Tekken 5 and Tekken 6 there was Dark Resurrection. Given the numerous iterations of GT5 to date, they could've called it GT5 Ultimate or summat. And sold fewer copies than the headlines-friendly GT6. But in that case I'd call the PS4 version GT7.

Trouble is, GT7 would have to be significantly advanced to justify its title, and if it takes too long in development then fans might resent Poly's efforts on GT6.

I'd love point-to-point racing, MK. Otherwise - much as I don't like PD's direction - you're on your own. 'Least until they add Kinect-style hand gestures out the window.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    It has been officially confirmed that the reason for GT6 coming out on the PS3 was a purely financial one, it makes me think twice about keeping my PS4 pre-order...
    Jim Ryan wrote:
    "The 70 million global install base of PS3 to market to... that is obviously very compelling," he said. "It's not proper for me to talk about our internal economics too much, but an intelligent man will look at an install base of 70 million, and look at another platform with an install base of zero, and you can quickly work out where the economic potential lies."
  • Moto70 wrote:
    it makes me think twice about keeping my PS4 pre-order...

If you base your console purchasing decisions based on which company wasn't interested in maximising profits and making money Moto you wouldn't have a vast array of choice.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    How did 5 sell out of interest?
  • Bob wrote:
    Ramsteelwood said it wasn't appealing to him ;)

I checked with my mam and she said that my opinion is right. :P
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    10 million copies. Link

Blimey! Genuinely surprised.
  • Bob wrote:
    Ramsteelwood said it wasn't appealing to him ;)
    I checked with my mam and she said that my opinion is right. :P

I was answering Mod's question .. you are of course entitled to not be interested in the best driving game ever.
  • It's still their biggest game. That's probably why they can't sort out the studio to get the games out on some sort of schedule.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Bob wrote:
    Moto70 wrote:
    it makes me think twice about keeping my PS4 pre-order...
    If you base your console purchasing decisions based on which company wasn't interested in maximising profits and making money Moto you wouldn't have a vast array of choice.
    I'm basing my console purchasing decisions on which one has the games I want to play, so far there are 3 that are appearing on a Sony console that I want to play. Of those 3 all 3 are appearing on the PS3, with 1 that is, 1 that isn't and one that may at later date, appear on the PS4.

If Ubi can manage to release a new IP on both PS3 and PS4 then why the hell can't Sony's biggest selling exclusive? I don't think I am asking too much and I don't think that feeling shafted by them is uncalled for.
  • It's not entirely a money grab by Sony though, Polyphony work at their own pace. The money grab would have been to have GT6 out last October and a new Prologue ready for the PS4 launch.
  • It's probably a seperate point but am I the only one worried by games coming out on PS3 and PS4..? Surely it'll be a case of a comprimised, unoptimised, PS4 cash in like the original Just Cause on 360 which was a PS2 game in all but name.

GT is a one off product from a one off studio.. for better or worse they do things they're own way.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    I am a massive GT fan and I suppose it's just my own personal disappointment. When I have a new console sitting there I just can't see myself choosing GT6 over Drive Club and especially now that Forza Horizon has really piqued my interest in free roam driving games, plus PGR is a favourite of everybody so instantly there are 2 driving games that are available in shiny, against a game on last gen of which I already appear to have a nigh on identical game already sat in the drive.

Anyway it all bodes well for an outstanding E3...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!