Come and work in Bath
  • Apologies if this is a bit spammy, feel free to delete if it breaks the rules.

We are currently recruiting tech people at Future and I thought I'd throw this in here to see if anyone is interested I'm not entirely sure what the role comprises as I'm an art guy and not techy at all but if any of this sounds like something you do drop me a PM and I'll forward you more information. 
    We are looking for six Systems Developers in Bath and want you to tell us about any ex-colleagues or friends you know who have the following skills, and may be interested in joining this talented team.

We are looking for:

PHP experts who can write optimised object-oriented code
    Know their web stack from JavaScript back to the database/NoSQL
    Can make web sites/applications beautiful
    A proven record on successfully delivering web services and/or web applications
  • I spent my childhood steering clear of bath. Nowt changes.
  • Did you mean Bath or the bath?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    You forgot the part about needing a working knowledge of how to drive away a community.
  • Yeah that might help as well I guess, like I said I'm not a tech guy.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Petey wants a new job.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Is a working knowledge of Drupal worth mentioning?
  • Feel free to add it to the pimping yourself out thread bobby.
    My mums from Bristol. I've been to bath a couple of times.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Is a working knowledge of Drupal worth mentioning?

I'm not sure but I can send you more details if you like.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Is a working knowledge of Drupal worth mentioning?

Based on the Blurum, clearly not.
  • Feel free to add it to the pimping yourself out thread bobby. My mums from Bristol. I've been to bath a couple of times.

Cheers, will add it there.
  • Its not bobbys fault edge were shite.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I dun fixed your OP for you:

Apologies if this is a bit spammy, feel free to delete if it breaks the rules. 

We are currently recruiting tech people at Future and I thought I'd throw this in here to see if anyone is interested I'm not entirely sure what the role comprises as I'm an art guy and not techy at all but if any of this sounds like something you do drop me a PM and I'll forward you more information. 
    We are looking for six Systems Developers in Bath and want you to tell us about any ex-colleagues or friends you know who have the following skills, and may be interested in joining this talented team.   

We are looking for:   

PHP experts who can write optimised object-oriented code
    Know their web stack from JavaScript back to the database/NoSQL
    Can make web sites/applications beautiful
    A proven record on successfully delivering web services and/or web applications
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Its not bobbys fault edge were shite.

I know, that's why I felt guilty and fixed the OP.

Hugs, Bobby.
  • Thanks man, copying pasting screwed it right up.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Remember to switch to source mode before pasting (and before copying if copying from another post).
  • Cheers, that's tidied things up, maybe I can do this tech stuff after all ;)

Edit: I feel so much better now those posts are tidied up.
    Yeah, I know. I don't anything about Drupal either! I'm nothing but a fraud! :(

I like Bobby. I didn't know he worked for Edge. Well done Bobby! More tiger-focus in the art would be beneficial to the magazine. Also, fewer dogs.
  • I just got a new bath.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I've got a mate who works in Bath.  He's called Sam.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Tell me more about Sam!
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
    Yeah, I know. I don't anything about Drupal either! I'm nothing but a fraud! :(

I like Bobby. I didn't know he worked for Edge. Well done Bobby! More tiger-focus in the art would be beneficial to the magazine. Also, fewer dogs.

Grrrrrrr.
  • Loved my work placement at Future down in Bath, and would love a chance to come back down. Pity I'm a writer rather than a tech guy, so nae use.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Being nae use never held any of their other tech people back.

Aw shucks man, I don't work  directly for Edge but rather across the whole range of Futures mags, so could be some Edge stuff one day, a bit of Simply Knitting next or even the booby model for Fast Car.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!