Currently Playing
  • Onimusha, really enjoying it. Just a really simple straightforward silly campaign without adding tons of stuff to flesh it out. Really enjoying the linear nature of it and mix of enemies.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Onimusha, really enjoying it. Just a really simple straightforward silly campaign without adding tons of stuff to flesh it out. Really enjoying the linear nature of it and mix of enemies.
    Is this the remakes, I didn't know they were out till I saw them on my you tube feed.
    Used to love them games but weren't sure they'd still hold up today.

• Verecocha wrote:
    Onimusha, really enjoying it. Just a really simple straightforward silly campaign without adding tons of stuff to flesh it out. Really enjoying the linear nature of it and mix of enemies.
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Never heard of it.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • What’s this Onimusha? Nothing to do with being a demon warrior or something is it?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • You can't blame me for not being born in 2001.
  • Picked up Horizon: Zero Dawn for £12 in CEX yesterday.

Basically got to the end ( I think) of the introduction, training bit. For some reason I assumed it was First Person. It looks very very pretty on my TV and I'm looking forward to getting stuck into it.. Can't believe it's from the Killzone lot.
  • It's the best game featuring shooting robo-dinosaurs with a bow 'n' arrow that there is. 

It's like Zoids, the videogame.  And yes, it is stunning looking in places.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • digi wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Is this the remakes, I didn't know they were out till I saw them on my you tube feed.
    Used to love them games but weren't sure they'd still hold up today.

It’s the remaster of the first, so not a full on remake just a bit of spit and polish. I’m really enjoying the simplistic nature of it, it’s a very linear Resi alike with some interesting characters, I’m potentially enjoying it partly as I’ve enjoyed it before when I was 15, but it’s a fun relic of a very different style of gaming.
  • Zelda: BotW

So this is good then. Early days, but the systems are clearly fantastic. Once you remember all the buttons it's all so simple and yet so flexible and intuitive. And I know some people didn't like the breakable weapons but I think it's a brilliant idea to make everything so disposable. Very clever.

The only problem so far is that I've not had much chance to really get into it. I've finally left the plateau but mostly I've been playing the odd hour here and there, which isn't ideal for it. Hopefully get more time at the weekend.
  • Yeah odd hour isn’t ideal at all. Ideally you wanna be able to just lose yourself in the world. Pure escapism.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Ideally you wanna play something else
  • Astro Bot. Initially I hoped the rest of the game would live up to the promise of world 1, now I'm just hoping the final world is as fantastic as the rest of it. Will hopefully get a chance to finish it tomorrow. It's steeped in retro with its straight ahead 3D platforming, yet elevated to true greatness with the awe multiplier of VR. Apparently my Astro Bot word is 'heh', which I mutter whenever anything cleverly designed tickles my fancy (pretty much every stage). One of the defining games of the generation for me, it's as good as Nintendo's very best work. I never would've guessed, but VR is the most exciting videogame changer since Mario 64. Come on world 5, don't let me down.
  • Because I'm not getting much time to really sit down in a room without distractions, and happen to have not much actiony going on, I keep adding to my currently playing pile with curios...

Slay The Spire continues to be epic. Perfect to play lying down with trackpad/mouse.

Have early going save of Orwell going, will see if it sticks.

Kingdom Two Crowns is very good, but I've found myself going elsewhere for zened out gaming, mostly.

Hexcells is excellent puzzling.

City of Brass is on backburner.

Bokida is still great, however, I've discovered there's a point where you need to have a fair chunk of the thingies you have to collect before you can get through a door.

Advice if you're trying it, do explore a bit and steadily collect as you go. I almost ignored them, so am having to wonder through areas I've already done a bit too much. 

Still, lovely, clever little game. (Even though little isn't actually the word, it's expansive, you just happen to be able to move quickly through it.)

https://youtu.be/9kxbxFeKSnM

Still have Talos going too, but man am I up to head scratchers.

Just started another little puzzler: Youropa. 

Very clever, but suprisingly intensive for laptop to run.

https://youtu.be/3fz-zzs2t2g

(You'd need a fucking rig to get it running like that, I'm saying.)
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Hexcells! Yay!! o/

Note go get yourself in the puzzle head thread
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Youropa could be intriguing...
  • Sky Rogue on Switch. It’s been on my wish list for ages, along with Skies of Fury DX. My mate bought Sky Gamblers: Storm Raiders on Switch recently, and I was asking him what it’s like, lamenting the fact that the two flight combat games I fancied never seem to go on sale. I’m glad I held out, because three days later, Sky Rogue for a 40% price drop.

I’ve also been working my way through Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas, also on Switch. It’s a wee isometric-ish adventure... I want to say RPG but it’s not really; you do level up and gain abilities, but that progression is linear and prescribed. General combat is basic, the challenge comes in the environmental puzzles and the occasional boss fight.

Plus loads and loads and loads of Spider-man, obviously.
  • Saw a few people tip off ZeroRanger as one of the unsung games of 2018, so I refunded something else I’d bought on a whim and gave it a go.

It’s a shmup that’s been in development by a small team for a long time. The care and attention they’ve but in shows in evey facet, from its stripped down colour palette to the utterly superb music. It’s full of references to other shmups and a bunch of anime stuff too, and seemingly loaded with smart ideas and clever stuff.

It hands generous continue and life earning system, and a great stage select that I didn’t realise it had until I’d played it for three hours. It’s good it has it because the stage i’m on is longer than the rest of the game combined it seems, but like any good shmup you have tools and your learn fast.

I am really excited to see where it goes next because there are lots of weird hints and ideas that suggest it’s not going to be an obvious Congratulations screen, and i’ve seen rumblings online that there are hidden depths to it. So far though it’s just a superb little shmup that doesn’t punish you for being a little poor at them, and it oozes confidence.

One to watch for that inevitable Switch port.
  • Ah, was about to ask. Definitely interested in that one.
  • A few more hours mucking about in the fields of Zelda this weekend.

It's absolutely the real deal. Worth every bit of praise/hype/whatever. And I've barely got anywhere yet. I never thought Nintendo still had something like this in them. It's been a long time since they've taken one of their big names and not only modernised it but taken it beyond everything else that's out there.

It also shows how much they'd been treading water with Zelda since the N64 days.
  • It shows the young team have more influence, and they've actually being playing other people's games. Nintendo is looking in fine shape for the future.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Wait I thought they were doomed?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I still need a switch.  And BoTW.  Woe is me.
  • Banner Saga 1. My first playthrough (died on chapter 3 with a gameover screen), i hated the game and combat. Been spoilt by the likes of x-com and mario v rabbids.

i thought I'd give it another shot. Its really grown on me. So many decisions to make, which branch off into their own avenues. You lose comrades, make temporary alliances, get stabbed in the back. face off in a battle to the death against your most trusted lieutenant because you disagree over a course of action.

Not finished it yet, but I'm really enjoying it. Thanks to moot, i have part 2 and 3 to play as well where my decisions from part 1 carry over and i see the consequences.
  • It's a shame I wasn't more keen on it, had my eye on it for years now. Will try the sequels at some point but probably not this year as Wargroove, Mutant Year Zero and Into the Breach have elbowed it out the way.
  • Have you played much of mutant year zero moot?
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's a shame I wasn't more keen on it, had my eye on it for years now. Will try the sequels at some point but probably not this year as Wargroove, Mutant Year Zero and Into the Breach have elbowed it out the way.

Into the breach is next after the banner saga. Unless MYZ hits the switch it wont get played anytime soon. Wargroove will be further down the list.
  • Have you played much of mutant year zero moot?

None, it's just on the wishlist. Hopefully it'll still be on Gamepass when/if I get it.
  • Pikuniku, free with Twitch Prime.  Silly, colourful game.  Reminds me of Bugaboo the flea and Loco Roco.

FREE MONEY.
  • I'm up for some Pikuniku. It's only a tenner even on Switch so I might grab it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!