Currently Playing
  • Eric wrote:
    Nice write up g.man, tempting me into a revisit! Apparently that game that Mark was on about yesterday is called Bomb Rush Cyberfunk and from the snippet available looks like a spiritual successor. Not sure what SEGA will think though:
    Just caught up with this, and it could be a genuine HOLY SHIT moment if they pull it off.
    Information is scant, but there's one thing that is known...
    ...legendary Jet Set Radio musical director Hideki Naganuma is apparently on board to provide the soundtrack. This alone, makes me very happy indeed. :D
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I remember picking up an OG Xbox which came with Sega GT, JSRF and Halo:CE for not much more than £100, probably around a year into the consoles lifespan. I didn’t bother with Sega GT much, but the other two games were loved. JSRF feels like the sort of game that could be expanded on now successfully.
  • Hot Shot Racing

Fun arcade racers.. tickles all the Old SEGA spots but I've no idea why they've made the AI so aggressive. Is it neccessary for them to barge into you every time they come past?
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Inertial Drift

Beautifully smooth drifting game with nice, inoffensive cel shaded graphics. Right stick to control the back end is odd to start with but combining right stick for drift and left for fine tuning road position soon results in a good level of control. I appreciate that you aren't penalised too hard for hitting a wall - you won't beat the time targets if you do but you aren't reduced to a crawl either - so keeps the flow going nicely.

PC and PS4 (xbox soon), and Switch. Switch runs at 30fps and doesn't have analogue triggers so probably best avoided.

A nice 'in the zone' game due to the smoothness, music, and speed.
  • Bob wrote:
    Hot Shot Racing

Fun arcade racers.. tickles all the Old SEGA spots but I've no idea why they've made the AI so aggressive. Is it neccessary for them to barge into you every time they come past?

They don't seem to be as agressive on the higher difficulties, but yeah they need to patch that shit out.
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Syph79 wrote:
    I remember picking up an OG Xbox which came with Sega GT, JSRF and Halo:CE for not much more than £100, probably around a year into the consoles lifespan. I didn’t bother with Sega GT much, but the other two games were loved. JSRF feels like the sort of game that could be expanded on now successfully.
    I don't think Halo was included, at least not initially, but it still seemed a ridiculously good deal. I think about £150.

I had no intention of getting and XBox until that point. Then I went in to Game one lunchtime at work to maybe buy a game, and came out with that. Plus Halo, of course.
  • mrsmr2 wrote:
    Inertial Drift

Beautifully smooth drifting game with nice, inoffensive cel shaded graphics. Right stick to control the back end is odd to start with but combining right stick for drift and left for fine tuning road position soon results in a good level of control. I appreciate that you aren't penalised too hard for hitting a wall - you won't beat the time targets if you do but you aren't reduced to a crawl either - so keeps the flow going nicely.

PC and PS4 (xbox soon), and Switch. Switch runs at 30fps and doesn't have analogue triggers so probably best avoided.

A nice 'in the zone' game due to the smoothness, music, and speed.

Nice. Think I'll grab this when it's out on Xbox

• Eric wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Hot Shot Racing Fun arcade racers.. tickles all the Old SEGA spots but I've no idea why they've made the AI so aggressive. Is it neccessary for them to barge into you every time they come past?
    They don't seem to be as agressive on the higher difficulties, but yeah they need to patch that shit out.
    I'm not sure they're any less aggressive, it's just that you're less likely to constantly get ahead so the rubber-banding causes them to catch you up and smash into you.

On expert you can often find more space behind the front pack, and try and get through them on the final lap.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    mrsmr2 wrote:
    Inertial Drift Beautifully smooth drifting game with nice, inoffensive cel shaded graphics. Right stick to control the back end is odd to start with but combining right stick for drift and left for fine tuning road position soon results in a good level of control. I appreciate that you aren't penalised too hard for hitting a wall - you won't beat the time targets if you do but you aren't reduced to a crawl either - so keeps the flow going nicely. PC and PS4 (xbox soon), and Switch. Switch runs at 30fps and doesn't have analogue triggers so probably best avoided. A nice 'in the zone' game due to the smoothness, music, and speed.

Yeah tempted to try this one. Been looking at either this, Art of Rally or the other new old school racer that just launched on Steam.
  • I was all over inertial drift but has anyone tried it on switch
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've gone back to Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice. It is quite something. BoneX Enhanced visuals look absolutely stunning, and it's narration is something to behold. Looking forward to actually finishing it, I hope...
  • Had that on the hard drive since I signed up to Gamepass. Still not booted it up yet...
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Enjoyed it while I had my X. Need to carry on, on PC
  • Yep. The fighting is absolute pants though.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • The fight system isn't much but it suits it imo. The rune matching was the weakest aspect for me, despite the fact that it was almost a good idea. Enjoyed the game though.
  • Blaster Master Zero 2.  I've got no knowledge of the series really, can't recall playing the NES original (or the MD sequel I always liked the look of in mags).  This is one of those faithful reimagining types, and it looks somewhere between an impressive 8-bit game and an early 16-bit one.  Good fun, the split gameplay styles are well done and it's not as hideously tricky as it seemed at first.  Enjoying it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yeah there's definitely something in Hellblade which held me back from just cracking through it first time.  But it's still powerful and unique.  That audio.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Elliot got Marvel Avengers for his birthday so I've been playing some of the campaign to unlock the coop so we can play together. It's nothing groundbreaking but....it's not that bad.

I was expecting it to be absolutely awful after all I'd read about it but it's quite polished and the story and combat is decent enough. Reckon we'll have a right laugh tearing robots apart on it.
  • Sounds like the new Anthem.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Pretty much.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Elliot got Marvel Avengers for his birthday so I've been playing some of the campaign to unlock the coop so we can play together. It's nothing groundbreaking but....it's not that bad.

I was expecting it to be absolutely awful after all I'd read about it but it's quite polished and the story and combat is decent enough. Reckon we'll have a right laugh tearing robots apart on it.

Sounds The order 1887 in all but name
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Yeh that was alright too.
  • It's fine until all the bullshit starts getting in the way and you realise it has no really interesting ideas. Still, it's probably less of a mess now than it was at launch.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm not expecting anything amazing as it goes on, but it's solid enough and will be perfect for me and the lad to superhero it up together.
  • A Plague Tale: Innocence

So started this as I'd been interested and have the ol' Game Pass now. It's got quite a nasty smoothered in vaseline look to it and so far by the second chapter I've either got rubbish stealth or rubbish instant death running away from things sections. It's introducing crafting as well now so it's like a slightly rubbish ye' olde Last of Us but without the combat. Is it worth carrying on with? The voice acting is fucking awful too.

Mario Galaxy

Doesn't really suit handheld play in my opinion... I ended up getting the switch in all sorts of funny angles trying to see what was going on.
  • That's where I got to in Plague Tale. I want to like it but I've uninstalled/reinstalled it a few times.
  • I kind of enjoyed plague tale. Graphical Fidelity depends on the hw running it. The tale is entertaining phantasy nonsense, the gameplay gets more involving once you escape the inquisition. Hang in there and if after that sequence you're still not engaged, it's probably not for you.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • I enjoyed what I played and want to go back. I thought it looked really pretty on the One x but I'm yet to go back post Last of Us 2 so my opinion may have changed.
  • I liked that it kept the stealth and action simple. The setting, story, atmosphere and characters are all pretty strong, so the game just needs to be engaging to keep it going, rather than really challenging.

It's probably still a couple of chapters too long overall, but most of the episodes are well-paced and nicely self-contained. The fact that each one takes about an hour makes it kind of like a season of a TV show. I think it's worth playing in individual chunks like that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!