Currently Playing
  • JonB wrote:
    Mass Effect 3 now. Just started. It's nice, although I didn't realise an imported character would be so overpowered. So far it's sniper rifle + freezy ammo and everything explodes in 1 shot. Might have to up the difficulty.
    Yeah I found this too. Still there is a certain satisfaction with being able to jump right in with your old powers :) I'm an engineer and it's great to be able to just throw out rocket wielding combat drones from the off.
    I did put it up a notch (hardcore?) and it got tough pretty quickly. Sticking with it so far as it's making me pay attention to the battles and think about tactics. In fact the combat has been much more varied and interesting then number 2 so far, although the story structure isn't as smart.
  • I thought the Contra game on Wii was far superior to Hard Corps.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Picked up Max Payne today, enjoying it even if it is one-note.
  • I thought the Contra game on Wii was far superior to Hard Corps.

Really? I thought the levels were two short and I didn't like the graphics much. I do think Hard Corps is flawed, especially in the boss department, but overall I'm enjoying it much more.
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • Bayonetta.  Stopped playing ages ago when I failed to get past the chapter 2 boss.

Decided to have another look and it's great.  Completely over the top and I even forgive the odd quick-time events that occur the split second after a cut-scene ends.

Can't forgive it's camera though.  Why is it Japanese developers haven't got a clue when it comes to cameras in 3rd person fighting games?  Why, for example, does it pan to show me fighting leaving me unable to see what I'm actually trying to hit?
  • I loved Bayonetta, but I just couldn't beat the last boss. Due to not reading the manual, I went through the entire game without mixing any potions. Dumb, I know. Think it might be time to have another go.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Plornt wrote:
    I am a fool, I just started playing Fallout 3....
    You have embarked on a great adventure.  Get the DLC.

I saw this in Asda for 10 pounds sterling. I was thinking about taking a punt on it.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Skondo wrote:
    I loved Bayonetta, but I just couldn't beat the last boss. Due to not reading the manual, I went through the entire game without mixing any potions. Dumb, I know. Think it might be time to have another go.

its another one on the list that I'm getting through slowly - I'm enjoying it in small doses. 
    I'm honing my skillz on BF3 just now.  
    I just need to stick with one game and finish it.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    LazyGunn wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    I have been playing Vanquish. It's pretty fucking mental.
    i appear to have still stolen Frantics copy, EMAIL ME YOUR ADDRESS FRANCTOC GODS SAKE [email protected] but im tempted to like, actually finish it too, rad game, no idea why i didnt get back to it. it is completely mental currently playing wow and diablo, enjoying both more than i expected on some exponential scale, tempted to get back into skyrim also now the mod choice is getting better

No rush thief, finish it if you want to.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Sonic Generations for 3DS arrived today. What I've played is fun, and the graphics are nice, but I'm really impressed with the extra-curricular stuff. There are 100 missions, which you can unlock through StreetPass and Play Coins, with each mission costing 5 coins each, keeping you coming back for a while. You can also set up this Sonic business card thing, which gets shared through multiplayer or StreetPass. You can put in the year you started playing Sonic games, your favourite Sonic game and your favourite Sonic character. There's online multiplayer, and you can get an extra background for your card each day by playing a multiplayer match. It's nice to play against someone and then look at their business card. So while the content is relatively slight (7 levels compared to 9 in the home console version) there's a nice metagame built up around it. It's £14 on Amazon, and for that money I think I'll be satisfied with it in the end.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Skondo wrote:
    I loved Bayonetta, but I just couldn't beat the last boss. Due to not reading the manual, I went through the entire game without mixing any potions. Dumb, I know. Think it might be time to have another go.
    As I recall, potions were a pretty minor aspect of it. You don't really need them at all.
  • If you were struggling and didn't care for your grade then the Yellow and Green Lollipops could be an utter godsend .
  • Yes, the lollipops are just there for beginners - if you haven't made any all game then make a stack of them - the end boss isn't especially difficult (and the pay-off is spectacular). I found the fights with Jeanne far more gruelling.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    STALKER: Shadow of Chernobyl

Fucking awesome, that is all.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Jesus fucking Christ this is fantastic. I've had it sat on the laptop for nearly a year, why the hell I didn't play it sooner I do not know.
  • Made up you're finally playin' this man!  It knocks every other FPS into a cocked-hat imho.

Which part of The Zone are you in?
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Only really started, so still near the original camp, just having a wander. Only about an hour in (had a quick break), but did the first proper mission, and killed some boars, helped an injured stalker and just soaking in the atmosphere. When that chopper flew overhead I nearly shat meself, and the anomalies  are mental.

Can see this taking up a lot of my time, runs beautifully maxed out too (bar dynamic lighting). Gonna play through once, then mod it to the max.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    STALKER is the bollocks.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Very true, took me 5 restarts to get under that fecking bridge.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I still wake up some nights in a cold sweat to the fading echo of "GET OUT OF HERE STALKER."

Am playing Die-a-blo free. I would be at least if I wasen't a busy mofo this sunny sunday.
  • I've got Diablo III on the trot, with Dragon's Dogma on rental and Kingdoms of Amalur sat waiting to be installed.

Oh Civ V GOTY is £8 on Steam so I have that too. Err.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I gots me my first proper machine gun now on it, and I'm heading into a place that looks/sounds spooky as fuck.

Oh yes, this rules. Shame I'm back to being shit at WASD.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mario Tennis yeah bitches
  • I've just picked up Darksiders this weekend and put in a few hours so far. I'm really enjoying it- Zelda is the obvious template, but the combat owes a lot to God of War, which is no bad thing really. The story is actually pretty good too; aside from War coming across as a one-note 'Badass', the lore is good, chunky stuff, much like the excellent art direction and Joe Madura characters. 

I've been hankering for a new sp adventure game for a while, actually. I play a lot of shooters and co-op games but nothing quite scratches the itch like a good dungeon exploration adventure.
  • Let me know when you find one.
    Ross Kemp Investigative Journalist
    Skullfuck yourself into a fine mist
  • Currently enjoying Max Payne 3 and Ghost Recon: Future Soldier. Been playing a lot of rpgs recently so its nice to shoot some things.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Alan Wake's American Nightmare. Loved the first game so it's nice returning to the same universe but not sure I'm really digging the new trigger happy take.  It's bloody easy too.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Mrs Reg and I tried NSMB Wii for the first time just there. It got slightly heated.
  • Fallout 3, which is totally awesome. I started a new save a few days ago, and it's already at 35 hours. The main game and all the normal side quests are done. Operation Anchorage was a breath of fresh air and is also done. Now started The Pit, which is amazing so far. If games like this are Edge 7s, I don't want nothing but 7s.

Currently at Level 21 with that super armor you get in Anchorage. And the A3-21 Plasma Rifle still rocks every other weapon I got at my disposal.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Someone enjoyed Anchorage? Well, ok then.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!