Game of Thrones TV show with massive spoilers everywhere.
  • Bollockoff wrote:
    What happened to Kat's brother? The bearded chap who can actually shoot floating funeral pyres?
    He went for a piss not long before it kicked off...

HMMMM OR NOT TO HMMMM.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I think he was fortunate.  I wonder if Edmure was halfway through the bedding ceremony, heard the commotion and made an executive decision to stay at his post.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Regardless, I'd like to see Walder Frey eviscerated over a week to ten days.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Also, should have listened to yer ma Robb.
  • "Don't worry baby, I got your commotion right here."
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    adored wrote:
    So, anyway, yes, S3 E9 was indeed a belter (as expected - presumably E10 will be the set up for S4). Not enough Dragon woman, and a complete absence of dwarf, but otherwise most excellent, nice brutal ending.
    I think Brooks mentioned it before though, the way they've edited some of the massacre brings in a slightly comedic tone. The long pause before someone has away at Mrs Stark seniors jugular was almost like an extra forgetting his cue.
    I disagree, I think during that long pause she manages to embody some convincingly pure grief; dead husband, youngest children who knows where, eldest son murdered before her eyes.  I think she pulled it off, haunting on reflection.  I don't think she (the actreuse) gets enough credit for the role.

The face cutting wouldn't have worked and would have protracted the scene unnecessarily, perhaps comically.  This was much better.
  • Didn't the big bearded guy get his throat cut? Thought I saw him sitting at a table.

I would have raged if Ned dying had been spoiled for me.
  • I think he's still pissing up a tree.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    @Sker It's the long pause where she grieves after slitting the girls throat that I think was pish. To me it's just awkward and could have been directed a little bit better while still showing her acting skillz.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Bollockoff wrote:
    @Sker It's the long pause where she grieves after slitting the girls throat that I think was pish. To me it's just awkward and could have been directed a little bit better while still showing her acting skillz.
    I know, I'm talking about the same part of the scene.  As I said:
    Skerret wrote:
    I disagree, I think during that long pause she manages to embody some convincingly pure grief; dead husband, youngest children who knows where, eldest son murdered before her eyes.  I think she pulled it off, haunting on reflection.  I don't think she (the actreuse) gets enough credit for the role. The face cutting wouldn't have worked and would have protracted the scene unnecessarily, perhaps comically.  This was much better.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Not being clever, just clarifying.  You thought it was pish, I thought it was effective, WE MOVE ON
  • Just for pedantry, Mrs Stark and the rest of Westeros thinks her youngest children are dead.

Do non book readers know who is torturing Theon Greyjoy? I can't remember how clearly it was explained who the people were who initially captured him.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    I thought he was some relative of the bloke whose head Robb cut off? Though that was during the part he was making Theon guess where he was and did later say it was a lie so I don't really know.

That was unhelpful, sorry. And possibly grammatically incorrect.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    As a non reader of the books I have no idea who the person(s) torturing him is(are), or which faction he belongs to.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    I had my suspicions which were sadly confirmed when I accidentally came across some badgers assessment of an episode who without warning chose to reveal the who and why of all that.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    He's a right bastard he is.

AHA.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yeah spoiler that.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • Well I won't say anymore.

I have to explain and remind certain bits of the plot to the gf without referencing stuff from the books. It's easy to get a bit befuddled because they're deviating more and more as it progresses.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Is that a not so cryptic clue? Or just an accurate assessment of his character?
    And that.

Spoiler them.  Spoiler them all.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm guessing I guessed right.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    SPOLIERZ
  • I think I've already spoiled that.
  • well i've caught up to and including episode 9...pretty grim.
    i think sker and bollock both make good points about that bit of the scene, but the way the guy just wanders in at the end does seem off...maybe he could have grabbed her sooner, then waited a second so she could pull some faces, possibly in a Lord of the Rings style slomo 'this adds drama' way...

i have managed to miss at least one episode during my hiatus....how did Jamie lose his hand?  i think the last i saw before was when him and the lanky bird were fighting on a bridge and were captured...then next i see him stuggling to eat his dinner.  was it in a fight or something exciting, or did they just lop it off for fun?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    For fun.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    The guy who did it was an Aussie so couldn't contain his malcontent urges on set.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yeah but you can use that rage against your jailers, which he did.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Bollockoff wrote:
    I know, I'm talking about the same part of the scene.  As I said:
    Skerret wrote:
    I disagree, I think during that long pause she manages to embody some convincingly pure grief; dead husband, youngest children who knows where, eldest son murdered before her eyes.  I think she pulled it off, haunting on reflection.  I don't think she (the actreuse) gets enough credit for the role. The face cutting wouldn't have worked and would have protracted the scene unnecessarily, perhaps comically.  This was much better.

Was she meant to be portraying 'grief' at that point? A second after she slits the girl's throat she gets a crossbow bolt in the back, then the guy comes in and slits her throat when it becomes apparent she's not going to just drop down dead of her own accord anytime soon.

• Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Yes, grief.  Her family is dead, as far as she knows and she has nothing and no-one left.  There is no crossbow bolt after she slits the girl's throat.  She already has one in her back, if that's what you saw.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I feel like the choreography in the fighting has gotten a bit slack since season 1. Nothing really as enjoyable and exciting as Bronn's duel of "honour" or Jorah's trumping of the Dothraki.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!