The Division
  • You can plough through anything if you build your character right.

This does seem to be getting more recognition of late, some big streamers are playing it and there's been a spike in player numbers with the new update.
  • That was part of the problem though, building your character right. Sometimes the RPG elements outweighed the shooting.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • It becomes a game of baffling numberwang when you hit the endgame, but until then, it's straightforward enough to get through the main campaign, and it is a brilliant experience.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • What's the current install size on Bone? The 500gb in my machine is becoming a pain in the arse.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • 40gig for the up to date build.
  • Cheers G. That's actually not too bad.
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    What's the current install size on Bone? The 500gb in my machine is becoming a pain in the arse.

I've been impressed with how much of a non issue an external hdd has been. Defo worth a purchase.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • g.man wrote:
    It becomes a game of baffling numberwang when you hit the endgame, but until then, it's straightforward enough to get through the main campaign, and it is a brilliant experience.

I can already see that even at my level. Some weapons have less DPS so look worse but it's actually a higher damage output with less in the clip... So when I'm using a marksman rifle the DPS becomes less important...

And then when armour is either better for skills or weapons or toughness.... It's a lot of numbers.

Meanwhile I'm just playing missions and having a good time shooting folks. Also the story is actually pretty engaging.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Absolutely love this game, was really disappointed at the weekend when I couldn’t get a game on survival, PVE or PVP.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    MattyJ wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    It becomes a game of baffling numberwang when you hit the endgame, but until then, it's straightforward enough to get through the main campaign, and it is a brilliant experience.

I can already see that even at my level. Some weapons have less DPS so look worse but it's actually a higher damage output with less in the clip... So when I'm using a marksman rifle the DPS becomes less important...

And then when armour is either better for skills or weapons or toughness.... It's a lot of numbers.

Meanwhile I'm just playing missions and having a good time shooting folks. Also the story is actually pretty engaging.

The story itself was standard bobbins, but the world, atmosphere and those hologram things fleshing out the chaos which had occurred in the local area were great.
  • Teaming up with randoms and doing the daily mission challenges can be good fun still. The underground missions are a bit samey. Some of the new stuff, team deathmatch i think should be levelled out. Got a feeling if you haven't got your numberwang sorted out you will die often.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Game is full of bullet sponge enemies. Pity they don't release a battle royale version.

I bet they've thought about it. The functionality is there, as are the assets.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    First time in the Dark Zone since 1.6 and i managed to extract my first Barrett's Chest Piece with 3 Rogues right up my arse and 0 seconds on the rope. Can't beat that for stressful gaming!

Back to free-roaming Manhattan. Which i believe is unparalleled in its locale and atmosphere, especially around this time of year.
  • It's probably the single most atmospheric gameworld I've ever played in. Just brilliant.
  • WHAT I WANNA KNOW.... IS THIS. THE GREEN POISON, WHERE'D IT COME FROM?
  • Game is full of bullet sponge enemies. Pity they don't release a battle royale version.

Damn that would be good!
  • g.man wrote:
    It's probably the single most atmospheric gameworld I've ever played in. Just brilliant.

A large part because of that fancy lighting engine I reckon. When a flashing car light is making the snow light up and the fog glow as you slowly make your way down the street it's hard not to get sucked in.
  • Survival mode is great for atmosphere too. Love it as a counter point to regular roaming.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Survival mode is great for atmosphere too. Love it as a counter point to regular roaming.

Was I just unlucky in not being able to get a game started the other week? Tried on 3 occasions for 5-10 mins and nothing.
  • I still need to play this. I now have a copy sitting untouched and I’m still 6 days away from my Xbox.
    Seems like the perfect game to escape in at Christmas
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Verecocha wrote:
    Facewon wrote:
    Survival mode is great for atmosphere too. Love it as a counter point to regular roaming.

Was I just unlucky in not being able to get a game started the other week? Tried on 3 occasions for 5-10 mins and nothing.

Dunno. Been a long time. I was playing it when it was the latest dlc. Still, doesn't need many other players to be fun.

Were you trying pve or pvp version?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Speedhaak wrote:
    Game is full of bullet sponge enemies. Pity they don't release a battle royale version.
    I bet they've thought about it. The functionality is there, as are the assets.

PvP Survival is basically Battle Royale, only instead of the ever shrinking circle you have the "tick-tock" of the virus forcing everyone in the same direction.
  • Facewon wrote:
    Verecocha wrote:
    Facewon wrote:

Dunno. Been a long time. I was playing it when it was the latest dlc. Still, doesn't need many other players to be fun.

Were you trying pve or pvp version?

Tried both, that’s what confused me, I imagined at worst the PVE would load with minimal numbers.
  • The curse of the Isle...

ITS REEEEEEL!
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    https://www.twitch.tv/thedivisiongame
    Division 2 coming up in 10 mins.

EDIT:

Highlights from the press release:

"We are very pleased to announce that we are currently working on Tom Clancy's The Division 2 . The development is led by Massive Entertainment and driven by close collaboration with Ubisoft Annecy, Redstorm, Reflections, Ubisoft Bucharest and Ubisoft Shanghai. The Division 2 will be based on an updated version of the Snowdrop Enginethat will help us realize our ambitions for this title. More importantly, we can also invest all the experience we've accumulated over the past two years in this sequel to make sure everything is going well.

But that is not all. The division continues. After the celebrations of our 2 year anniversary, we will support the game with 2 more title updates. These will be 2 brand new Global Events; Include more Legendary difficulty missions and an Xbox One X update that will rediscover the beautiful and emblematic New York City with all its stunning details in both 4K and 1080p.

In addition, as of June 2018, players will also be able to play 'Crests', which are specific achievements that will allow them to unlock The Division 2 rewards.

The teams are extremely grateful for all the support over the past two years and we can not wait to show you what we have planned for The Division 2 during the E3 2018 in June."
  • Cool. I loved The Division, but fuck me do they need to do away with the ridiculous numbers game in the endgame.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Aye thoroughly enjoyed my time with The Division, great co-op game. I'm in for a sequel.

I'm up for a revisit for the X patch. Bet its bewildering now though.
  • Yeah, I dropped in after the last patch and didn't have a fucking clue what anything meant any more.
  • Why not build on what they've got?? Is this gonna be another fucking sequel built from the ground up with all the inherent teething problems that entails?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!