Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's not a deal breaker, didn't ruin anything from Destiny to Dark Souls so it won't put me off this.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just got an email from Nvidia for the beta, you need a shitty Uplay account so get that first.

If you don't have a code sent to you, you can sign up to the waiting list or preorder.

I went for PS4 in the end as I'm guessing more forumites will be on that.

Note to OP - this is on PC too.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I might be in, if there's a crowd
  • I haven't heard a peep of interest out of the PS4 boys over this. 

They are only interested in games with protagonists with crazy spiky coloured hair. 

Jokes. Don't bust a spleen.... Gawd.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Team Awesome will be harbouring a Bone.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What colour is spikey?
  • Yella.

I've pre-ordered at Amazon to get the beta code with a view to cancelling, I ain't paying their £44.  No sooner had I placed the order then a code has landed in my inbox.

You will need a YewPlay account though.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The code I've been given is invalid, and I can't remember my uplay password so I've tried to reset it but haven't received an email from them. This is going well, I love having to jump through hoops like this just to try out a demo.
  • I pre-orderd from psn just for the beta.
    I expect il be cancelling soon afterwards but may aswell try it out first.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Did you still have to tit about with Uplay and codes Davie?
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    When does the beta start? I thought it was the 28th?
  • Did you still have to tit about with Uplay and codes Davie?

No.
    But the betas not there to download yet so theres that.
    (or i just aint looked yet)

When i get on later tonight il have a look see, keep you informed.
  • I've had this ordered for 8 months and haven't got Jack yet.
  • Panty,  how come you didn't get in the Alpha then?  I pre ordered with Amazon and got in.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I doubt it'll be there yet Davie, although is is supposed to be available to preload so shouldn't be long.

@Franny yeah 28th
  • @kern
    Yeh I know!
    I emailed tesco asking about it. By the time they got back to me they replied about the beta and not the alpha and the alpha was frigging over so I just gave up arguing.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    I've had this ordered for 8 months and haven't got Jack yet.

Ubi won't have had a Scooby about a beta date back then, they won't have even had a proper release date.  Beta codes will be a recent initiative and then you are relying on Tesco to be proactive and honour old pre-orders.  Just do the Amazon thing and cancel this order later, keep your Tezzer order.
  • I'll probably over play this within the first few days of release anyway. I always do.
    So if I dont get a beta code I'm not too bovvered.
  • Webbins wrote:
    pantyfire wrote:
    I've had this ordered for 8 months and haven't got Jack yet.

Ubi won't have had a Scooby about a beta date back then, they won't have even had a proper release date.  Beta codes will be a recent initiative and then you are relying on Tesco to be proactive and honour old pre-orders.  Just do the Amazon thing and cancel this order later, keep your Tezzer order.

They did have a scooby, when I pre-ordered from Amazon the same sort of time as Panty. I got a code that I registered on their website that enabled them to send me a beta key for when it was available.

The fact they ran the beta later than planned, they did the alpha. Which I enjoyed but didn't get to play much co op so couldn't see how the servers held up.
  • I don't understand the rush for betas.

Until I remember there is nowt to play on bone.
  • Looking thru my emails, I got my uplay code to register for the beta in June
  • Fair do's, Tezzer's fault entirely. I thought back then we were still teetering on this game becoming vapourware.
  • Beta code goted.
  • Horaaay!!!

Is that the full download code or the one to register at Uplay?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    If anyone gets a spare give me a heads up please, I can't seem to sign in to uplay or reset my password and the code I got is somehow invalid anyway.

I watched the rest of that Angry Joe video, the only thing that puts me off is hosing down the enemies with so many bullets to kill them as he mentions in the video. I suppose headshots with a single shot FAL type weapon would mitigate that, as would being a higher level, so I'm almost certainly in on this.
  • Try out the Hong Kong store Paul :-)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Magick will have a spare for me, he always does.
  • I watched the rest of that Angry Joe video, the only thing that puts me off is hosing down the enemies with so many bullets to kill them as he mentions in the video. I suppose headshots with a single shot FAL type weapon would mitigate that, as would being a higher level, so I'm almost certainly in on this.

Aye, I would have preferred to not have this RPG mechanic.  It seems to serve the cause of earning better gear to kill bigger enemies to get better gear, I would have preferred a straight up shooter that serves the setting more.  You could amplify the number of enemies the further into the game you go or the enemies could become better armoured.  I'm in too, unless the beta dissuades me as Siege did.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The RPG elements have really put me off to.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    The RPG elements have really put me off to.

Destiny innit. Everyone is seeing the cash cow and wants some of the action. Can't do that with a straight up shooter unless you turn it into micro transaction hell. This way they keep the levellers happy. I'll probably get suckered in.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!