The Order 1886: The Forum Low Point
‹ Previous123456771
  • the-order-1864x1048.jpg

The Order: 1886 is set in an alternate history London, where an old order of knights keep all of the world safe from half bred monsters, who are a combination of animal and man. In the game's history, around the seventh or eighth centuries a small number of humans took on bestial traits. The majority of humans feared these half breeds and war broke out. Despite the humans outnumbering the half breeds, their animal strength gave them the upper hand in centuries of conflict.

Centuries later, humanity finds new hope in King Arthur and the Knights of the Round Table. King Arthur and his like-minded knights take the fight to the half breeds, but Arthur soon realizes it's a losing battle. Through a mysterious turn of fate The Knights discover Black Water, a mystical liquid that significantly extends their lifetimes and gives them remarkable healing abilities. Despite this new advantage the half breeds continue to win battle after battle, until the industrial Revolution turns the tide. Inventors are far ahead of their time, inventing technologies such as thermal imaging, Zeppelins, and wireless communications. New weapons belch electricity, ignite clouds of molten metal on top of enemies, and fulfill dual functions as Fragmentation grenades and proximity mines.

By 1886, the war still goes on, but the humans almost have martial law. A new threat emerges in the form of the lower classes rebelling against the rich and the social order, with the Knights supporting the well-to-do upper classes and nobles. The game features four main protagonists from the same squad, who each has a given name, and the adopted name of one of the original Knights. The oldest is Sebastian Mallory, the second to bear the name of Sir Percival, and the descendant of Thomas Mallory, who in the 1400s wrote Le Morte d'Arthur, the definitive Arthurian Text. A close friend of Grayson, he is one of the best Knights in the history of the order.

Grayson is the third to bear the title of Sir Galahad, and has battled the order's enemies for centuries. He views Mallory as a mentor, Lafayette as a friend, and Isabeau as a potential love interest. Other than that, little is known about him so far. Isabeau D'Argyll is one of the younger Knights in the order, but is much older than her appearance of being in her late twenties. The latest Lady Igraine, Isabeau was Grayson's apprentice and if not for her commitment to the order, his lover. Marquis de Lafayette was a French military officer who fought in the French and American Revolutions. His tactical expertise brought him to the order's attention, and Mallory approached him and convinced him to join the order. Although the group's youngest, his globetrotting has given him a whimsical outlook on life that grounds the squad. As an apprentice, he does not yet bear the name of a Knight.

image_315164_940.jpg

9557414385_117be2fa35_b.jpg

ikGRUJJJAMeYS.gif

• Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    looks odd in a good way.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Like this
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I'll have to catch up properly on Sony stuff during lunch or after work, but this sounds good on paper.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • This sounds very good indeed.  Defo my cup of tea.
  • I hope it has a touch of League Of Extraordinary Gentlemen in there.
  • Looks ace. On a pedantic note, I always get a bit irked by the use of technology in Steampunk. I accept the artistic license and alternate history but some stuff, like radio, still doesn't seem right. Just my nitpicking opinion.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Someone let me know when there's something more to go on than a trailer which gives us absolutely zero idea what the gameplay might be like.
  • Squad based cover shooter
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    In four words you've given me more relevant information about this game than that entire trailer.
  • I'm just taking a shot in the dark really
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Fair enough. I reckon it's plenty for me to dismiss the entire game on.

This is gonna be shit.
  • all that juice and the horse drawn cart? seemed rather daft presented in that context
  • My guess is that it's more of a high paced shooter.  Like Vanquish.  They previous did God of War so they'll be used to fast paced and frantic.

The video did suggest a more methodical approach mind you.
  • I meant to post this last week but forgot.  Reg's comment in PS4 thread reminded me.

PlayStation 4 exclusive The Order: 1886 is a linear third-person action adventure with shooting mechanics, developer Ready at Dawn has revealed.
  • Ready at Dawn? I thought this was meant to be by the guys did GoW (Sony Santa Monica)? Still, it's one to keep an eye on.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    They did do GoW.

If by GoW you mean the PSP versions.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    @daviedigi
    PSN
    daviedigi
    Steam
    daviedigi
    Wii
    poo

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Ready at Dawn? I thought this was meant to be by the guys did GoW (Sony Santa Monica)? Still, it's one to keep an eye on.

yeh they do ports mainly.
    sony santa monica aint shown anything yet except hohokum.
    psn/steam:daviedigi

raziel once wrote..."davie's to nice for this forum"!
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Fun fact: If you misremember the name of this game and search YouTube for 'the order 1889' you get a few videos lamenting the passing of Adolf Hitler.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • If they're being deliberately vague in an attempt to get me increasingly interested, it's inexplicably working.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    If they're being deliberately vague in an attempt to get me increasingly interested, it's inexplicably working.
    Ditto.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I remain unconvinced
  • What I done grabbed from the Game Informer article:

33f9c175ff1be0d0bc6c3fd143fc4c50_zps8be126e3.jpg

32d73557698ede69faea9e386d3a168c_zpsd596efdd.jpg

7d4bccc4d791bdf833b6e18a9e632bbb_zps731ffe15.jpg

5bbc88ab2fc29b03e5e4a9b490f4de41_zps99b29cd8.jpg

21870b57055dcd8ee879b6c1490c86e7_zps01ff1f3c.jpg

c375b67a6db0cdb617487504db961700_zpsd32656a3.jpg

ac52d40a44c19110c2cbcf620e37e474_zpsbf495218.jpg

3e0d637103d3ef5e3d8531abbf8dd6ec_zpsfeb0bba0.jpg

97237001efebbcc6b73b1bb252ec5050_zps0bc99536.jpg
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Lens flare.  How next-gen!

Pics look good, mind.
  • Thermite gun sounds fun too.
    You fire thermite powder at people spreading it around, then you fire an incediary round to ignite it.
    Although, how you fire thermite without it igniting in the first place is beyond me.
    Town name: Downton - Name: Nick - Native Fruit: Apples
  • Some new pics and gifs before the trailer later today.

3rd-person shooting action! QTEs! Next-gen has arrived people!

the-order_1886_vgleakbrisb.jpg
    the-order_1886_vgleak2eld6.jpg
    i5rKOjZUTFxbU.gif
    ikGRUJJJAMeYS.gif
    i8Mae09W1eJMM.gif
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    This looks like proper next gen shootybang.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    What's worrying about that Eurogamer preview is the devs seem to focusing on the visuals above the gameplay. I'm taking from that we are gonna get a prettier Uncharted. Not a bad thing, but hoping for more from my next gen purchase, especially when the Xbone crowd are talking about real change to the FPS genre with Tittyfall.
  • The game thats tempting me most to get PS4.

Whats the release date?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Skerret wrote:
    This looks like proper next gen shootybang.

Visually it looks very pretty. Gameplay (gunplay) wise it looks very Uncharty.
    b0r1s wrote:
    What's worrying about that Eurogamer preview is the devs seem to focusing on the visuals above the gameplay. I'm taking from that we are gonna get a prettier Uncharted. Not a bad thing, but hoping for more from my next gen purchase, especially when the Xbone crowd are talking about real change to the FPS genre with Tittyfall.

Titanfall will be no good in Australia without any servers, but it also reminds me a lot of Mechassault 2. But without pitting either game against each other, I think you are writing off Ready at Dawn a bit prematurely. Theyve always made relatively fun games I found. They were great on PSP.
    The game thats tempting me most to get PS4. Whats the release date?

I admit I'm tempted in it, mainly for the theme than the gameplay yet (which is unknown pretty much). As for dates, I dont think there are any yet.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
‹ Previous123456771

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!