State of Decay
  • Ruh roh.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Phew.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Webbins is right.

Gman, why is your internet so bobbins?  Mine seems to eat 20Gb patches overnight without me noticing, there must be a setting in 4od (or whatever it's called now) or something.
  • For a game so 'broken and unplayable', I cannot stop playing this. Finished first play through, foothills map and the sheriffs's legacy. Straight onto next run, moved to the plateau map and looking at a different legacy.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I need to get back into this.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    For a game so 'broken and unplayable', I cannot stop playing this. Finished first play through, foothills map and the sheriffs's legacy. Straight onto next run, moved to the plateau map and looking at a different legacy.

Yeah same. Will be in my top 5 this year I think. Just did the builders legacy, and took the tip on loading up my 3 characters with gear before completing ;)

Had to turn off so no idea what map I’m on now.

Biggest pita are the Juggernauts, didn’t find Plague Hearts any bother really.

• wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    So I’m Plateau now having done Foothills. Starting base feels a lot more isolated than Foothills.

Still don’t get how this is averaging 68 on Metacritic, it’s great!

• It's not really even a base us it? More a car park.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Seems games that dare to be different get slated these days. Everyone wants 3rd person push to climb action adventures or battle royale.
  • Well this has sat in my big ol' digital pile of shame since release.

What a game - love it - it's got that 'just one more mission oh shit how is it 3am' down to a tee!
    Xbox / PSN - DongleUnlimited
  • I also have this somewhere.
    Should check it out soon.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Started watching The Walking Dead again (I know, don't judge) and needed a 'companion' game to play at the same time. It's taken a while to get going, but I've now finally moved my little team of zombie  fighters to a fire station that they are busy repurposing as a post-apocalyptic hideaway. Probably need to up the difficulty now.

Considering this was only released a year before Days Gone, the environments are remarkably plain and downright ugly in places. But what it lacks in graphical finesse, it makes up for in charm with the sense of attachment it fosters  regarding your merry band of survivors. Really hope this small dev team are able to take things up a notch with the third installment.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!