State of Decay
  • I see a lot of stress and angry words about some game mechanics, especially from Paul; is it really frustrating or as good as it seems?  I'm hovering over "buy" as we speak.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    They're not angry words, just stating that it's not all roses in the garden. It's still the best zombie game I've played.
  • I'm not a fan of the super zeds, pure game bullshit right there. Fair enough if the big bastards physically overpower you, but making their bonce bullet proof? Rubbish. The gun store near the church definitely got restocked in my game, but only with weapons, no ammo crates. I don't know whether restocking the buildings would be a mistake or not. It adds to the realism, but once I've ransacked the gun store where the fuck do I get ammo from?

from what i can tell i think putting a radio message out for supplies might re-stock some areas. last time i put a message out for materials, an icon appeared above a building i'd already ransacked. otherwise, i think you just run out...
    They're not angry words, just stating that it's not all roses in the garden. It's still the best zombie game I've played.

somewhat close to agreeing tbh
  • They're not angry words, just stating that it's not all roses in the garden. It's still the best zombie game I've played.

Sorry dude, I put that across badly, but thank you :)
  • i found a cricket bat, but didn't have room to take it. have not seen another one since, knowing my luck its the most powerful weapon in the game
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I've just relocated to the town in the south. Its nice down here. Loads of buildings close to the house to setup outposts and lots of supplies everywhere. My first guy is missing. Every time I search for survivors its not him, I'm getting worried I won't see him again but I still have the female soldier, she is very useful but can't carry to much.
  • I caved in and bought this this afternoon.
    It's good, a little overwhelming when you get past that demo section, I am a little lost at what to do.

I also didn't know scavengers called could get killed en-route to the scavenging target. 
    I lost someone due to this, don't know who it was, don't care. 

I keep leaving the safe house with too much gear, typical me though, I always take a second melee weapon, god forbid I break one mid mission and not have a backup, that would drive me mad. 

Thanks for the radio tip when you have cleared out a house, it's pretty nifty.

I also managed to get a police cruiser wedged between a tree and the kerb immediately outside the safe house gates, tre annoying when the NPCs are entering and leaving the gates.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Right. So that's both Panty and Tempy on my "don't bother calling when the zombies arrive" list.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    The only number you need is mine Mod, I'll pick you up on the way to Bamburgh castle.
  • Bah, excuse the cross post:
    I downloaded the trial fine, and then went via "unlock full game" to buy it.  The download bar the pops up when you buy a trial normally completes pretty quickly, but this one wouldn't budge.  When I cancelled out, it'd taken my points and showed up as being on my download history, but I had the trial game and a 1.9Gb cache thing in my HD.  Deleted both, went to my download history to re-download, and it just sits there at 0%.
    Any tips...?  I've tried clearing the cache.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I had some dramas. I deleted the download, cleared the cache, and then restarted my Xbox. Downloaded again and it worked. Hope it works elm, its a great game.
  • J1m1
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Beelzespud
    Xbox
    Beelzespud
    Steam
    Beelzespud

Send message
    Smang wrote:
    i found a cricket bat, but didn't have room to take it. have not seen another one since, knowing my luck its the most powerful weapon in the game

I've found a movie prop sword which is all kinds of awesome.  Doesn't seem to degrade too quick either.
    Live/Steam - Beelzespud
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Right. So that's both Panty and Tempy on my "don't bother calling when the zombies arrive" list.
    But I have enough powder to make 18,000 bullets!
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    And no shells. If I need an End of the World fireworks display you'll be the first person I call.

Still on the list.
  • Fine, tempy and I will celebrate leaving unattended supplies in abandoned cars with an explosion of light and colour.
  • I was interested until the words 'super-zombie'.

People who make zombie games need to get a grip.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    pantyfire wrote:
    Fine, tempy and I will celebrate leaving unattended supplies in abandoned cars with an explosion of light and colour.

I've always suspected Tempy is good with colour.
  • Downloaded!!  Off to play....
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Surely this would be magic with co-op.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    That's the next step in the developers plan isn't it - online multiplayer shenanigans?
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    adkm1979 wrote:
    I was interested until the words 'super-zombie'. People who make zombie games need to get a grip.
    This.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Its still good in spite of them. I just squash them with a car.
  • Haven't played it much, but car is very much my weapon of choice. I can imagine it's lots more atmospheric and the hordes much more dangerous if trying to stealth on foot, but I just ended up pootling about in a car, driving to the target, honk my horn a bit to draw zeds out, then run em down. Seems so much easier I can't see a downside TBH?
  • better idea is to try the demo before claiming 'super' zombies ruin it. 

the only ones i have trouble with are the huge ones (can't even run them over) and the jumpy ones (if i'm on foot they are really scary)

And fuck Alan, he kept getting angry so i asked him to leave. wanker

djchump wrote:
    Haven't played it much, but car is very much my weapon of choice. I can imagine it's lots more atmospheric and the hordes much more dangerous if trying to stealth on foot, but I just ended up pootling about in a car, driving to the target, honk my horn a bit to draw zeds out, then run em down. Seems so much easier I can't see a downside TBH?

there are limited cars, they are like weapons in that they wil eventually break, and the game remembers where and in what state you leave every single one from what i can tell. i've been working to get my workshop able to fix cars but hasn't happened for me yet... i've also had a car explode with 2 people inside!
  • The game very nearly punished me for one moment of indiscretion.
    I had just moved the base down south and everything was going fine. So I am tasked to find a hinge to finish a construction project. It's only 3 houses away so off I go. I jump in a car in case there are any hoards around. I get to the house and park the car for an easy get away in case things go pear shaped.
    So I go into the house smash a couple of heads in and start searching. There's a lot of drawers in this house and I start to get impatient so on the very last drawer I say fuck it and press speed search. CRASH BANG that was noisy. Shit 3 zombies pile in the house. I run into a bathroom with one doorway I can defend and start beating the crap out of them as they come they the door. One of them starts roaring (not a screamer) and I then get the dreaded YOU HAVE ALERTED THE HOARD message.
    Shit shit shit.
    I hear loud screams, windows smashing loud footsteps and wham. The bathroom is now crowded with a bout 10 zombies. My stamina is down to a slither because of the others I had been slapping about. I get jumped on. I throw that one off then I muscle my way into the corridor. I get dragged to the floor and get pinned down by one zombie while the others crowd around.
    I fight my way to my feet and push, kick slap my way a few yards.
    They are everywhere. It's pitch black. All I can see are glowing eyes and flailing arms.
    I am now starting to panic.
    I see a window and think CAR get to the car. Get the fuck out of here. I shoulder my way into a clear bit of room and run full pelt for the window.
    SMASH. I land in the yard.
    NOOoooooo.
    It's the back if the house. The car is at the front.
    The zombies start pouring through the windows after me and then...
    YOU HAVE ALERTED THE HOARD.
    Another frigging hoard.
    I sprint 5 yards. No stamina left. The babbling and grunts are getting louder behind me.
    A female zombie leaps on my back and drags me down.
    My health was already flashing before this. It starts to munch on me. I have about 2 millimetres of health left. I am pounding 'A' to stay alive. I manage to throw this zombie off and get to my feet. I stumble around the corner of the yard.
    THERE'S the car.
    The car get to the fucking car.
    I stumble. Drag my feet. The shouts and groans are getting loud again. My feet hit the tarmac. The car is 5 yards away. I have no health I can't afford to go down a third time.
    I'm spamming 'Y' before I have even a chance to open the door.
    The car door pops open. I get in. The hoard reach the car.
    They are banging and clawing at the door trying to get in.
    It seems like an eternity before the engine kicks in. I scream away narrowly missing a crashed car and two corners later there is the home base.
    I slam the car into the wall, jump out and crash through the gates up the steps and into the hallway.
    'Hey Marcus, I'm a bit tired can you take over?'

Tldr
    Don't fuck about.
  • As I've said before, this game is perfect for those unscripted moments.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Great stuff Panty, you fucking noob.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I just got this. I really like it and love how random it can be. Only thing is, Does night seem longer than day? I take it I cant skip through night and basically have to either sit there and wait or grow some bollox and get out there
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • I was thinking exactly the same thing.
    Night does seem to take way longer than day.
    But I guess thats from a Euro or northern hemisphere perspective I have been other places in the world and I am surprised at how dark it gets very early in the evening (asia).
    The game is set in the US so I guess they would have similar day night times to us?
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Depends if you live in Alaska or Texas.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!