Xbox One
  • Spent the last five minutes gawping at the detail on the racing suits on the character select screen of F7.
  • Just did a quick lap of a Dubai circuit and now I see what all this 4K HDR stuff is about. Stunning.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    HDR is a bit of a bugger to describe (a bit like VR). You have to experience first hand it to appreciate it.
  • HDR in Sea of Thieves is something else.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Gears of War 4 has impressed me most so far, HDR wise.
  • Djorn, any tips for how best to configure this tv for games? Bit out of touch with how this technology works because I have turned into my dad.
  • Lol. Well, turn on HDR on to start! I think you found that above. Interestingly, i found Red Dead Redemption 2 looked TERRIBLE with HDR on (and i'm not alone judging my 5 minutes of googling.) I turn it off for RDR2.

Overall i have decided not to mess with the settings, i just leave them alone. The moment i start messing with settings i will start watching the image rather than just playing the game/watching the film. Just put it in game mode (unless playing something like RDR2 then i use ISF expert mode or whatever it's called.) It's a great TV, i don't think you need to do anything.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The xbox calibration setup is actually really good to follow to set up your screen.
  • The xbox calibration setup is actually really good to follow to set up your screen.

Oh i forgot about that! Ok i might try that
  • Unlikely, 
    there’s plenty of decent picture settings vids or lists around on various sites.  AV forums tend to be pretty good - it’s kinda like this place but their Bobs and Yoss’s fall out over tv manufacturers rather than who makes the best computer box.

Just google best picture settings for whatever oled you have then just input them yourself.
    Failing that you can pay a man to come round and calibrate your set.  Apparently they come and do loads of tests, and light levels and then point lasers at your telly and then it’s £300. Do that just so I know someone who has had it done.
  • Djornson wrote:
    Lol. Well, turn on HDR on to start! I think you found that above. Interestingly, i found Red Dead Redemption 2 looked TERRIBLE with HDR on (and i'm not alone judging my 5 minutes of googling.) I turn it off for RDR2.

Overall i have decided not to mess with the settings, i just leave them alone. The moment i start messing with settings i will start watching the image rather than just playing the game/watching the film. Just put it in game mode (unless playing something like RDR2 then i use ISF expert mode or whatever it's called.) It's a great TV, i don't think you need to do anything.

RDR2 her wasn't working at all on release, digital foundry reported on it and said leave it off.

It has however now been patched and fixed and looks better with hdr on again.
    There is some settings to fiddle with in game though.
  • digi wrote:
    Djornson wrote:
    Lol. Well, turn on HDR on to start! I think you found that above. Interestingly, i found Red Dead Redemption 2 looked TERRIBLE with HDR on (and i'm not alone judging my 5 minutes of googling.) I turn it off for RDR2. Overall i have decided not to mess with the settings, i just leave them alone. The moment i start messing with settings i will start watching the image rather than just playing the game/watching the film. Just put it in game mode (unless playing something like RDR2 then i use ISF expert mode or whatever it's called.) It's a great TV, i don't think you need to do anything.
    RDR2 her wasn't working at all on release, digital foundry reported on it and said leave it off. It has however now been patched and fixed and looks better with hdr on again. There is some settings to fiddle with in game though.

Yeah i tried the new settings. Still dont like it. Looks absolutely beautiful with HDR off.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Finally got my Ultimate sorted. Nothing to pay now until July 2021! Amazing deal.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Shadow Tactics is now on Gamepass. I fancy that.
  • Let me know how it is please.  I bought it for £9 ages ago and haven't played it yet.
  • A FH4 4K HDR sunrise is quite something.
  • I take it Live is down for everyone? “Sign in problems” according to their Twitter feed.
  • Seems ok to me.
    I have 7 friends online as well.
  • Seems to be that if you sign out, you can’t sign back in. And since I only just switched the box on … can’t sign in.
  • Ah shit.
    I would test it out, but ya know.

Must be a fairly recent occurrence, I switched mine on at about 9pm.
  • Resident Evil: Revelations rand Rare Replay breing radded to grame prass tromorrow.
  • Ruh roh raggy
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Rare Replay is a good addition.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yoku, Timespinner, Undertale, My Time at Portia all coming to gamepass (amongst others). Happy days.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Ooh. Elliot fancied that Portia thing glad I didn't buy it. Times pinner and undertale on my watch list.
  • Prepare to be ridiculously frustrated by Yoku's Island Express. A lovely idea, presented really well, though.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    A few people didn't like it in the Switch thread, I thought it was great.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Got Yoku. Was alreet

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!