Cricket Thread - Crickets (Tests, ODI, T20)
  • Vela wrote:
    4 Days to go! Clarke in form. Bird in form. Bye England. Bye!

Clarkes been in form for about a year. Unfortunately you need two batsmen in!

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Vela wrote:

Yeah. Our batsmen are second only to Gotham's.
  • Ah, shame about Richie.

Really the Ashes should be like the FA Cup & Wimbledon - one of those sporting events that's always available on terrestrial TV.
  • ...so as to more sucessfully annoy those who dislike cricket.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I fully approve of Sky buying up all the rights to all sport ever, stops it getting in the way of things I want to watch.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Besides, as it is on Sky you get to watch it in the pub and watch all the bar staff weep if Australia loses.
  • Vela wrote:

Peter Siddle!
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    ...so as to more sucessfully annoy those who dislike cricket.
    Yossarian wrote:
    I fully approve of Sky buying up all the rights to all sport ever, stops it getting in the way of things I want to watch.

what precisely was there to watch on channel 4 between 11 and 7pm on a weekday.

As much as I dislike sky I think their money has saved the county game a bit.
  • 13 hours to go. Australia is doomed :(
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Morning everyone, morning all.

richiebenaud_wideweb__430x299.jpg

The talking finally stops and at last we get some action. Some lovely tedious, drawn out, slow moving, test cricket action.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Morning Larry, morning all, sorry I'm late.

It's customary to listen to some 12th Man at this stage in proceedings.  We have no chance.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Never underestimate the England team's ability to pull a collapse or two out of the bag. Cookie has shown a bit of vulnerability recently and root is untested as an opener. Anything could happen. On the other hand Australia are spearheaded by....um. That guy.
  • That guy from Pakistan. Aussie's hand a debut to spinner Agar. We're still ahead 3-1 on the 'stolen from another country' stakes but they're looking to even it up.

Crafty.

EDIT: Is he from Pakistan or Sri Lanka? No idea, never heard of him.
    EDIT EDIT: Sri Lanka
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Hopefully our attack doesn't turn to jelly.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • So the Aussies to bowl first - let's hope that the symbolically important first ball of the Ashes is smashed away for 4. 

Reality. Cook plumb. A Summer of woe.
  • The Aussie bowling attack looks better than the batting, bowling first with a bit of swing they could do some damage.

Leslie Garrett caterwauling the anthems now.
  • Would it be wrong to crack open a beer?
  • TheDJR wrote:
    Would it be wrong to crack open a beer?

Depends. If you're in England, and it's English Beer - then yes. If you're in Australia with an Australian beer, there's never a wrong time.

Glad we actually have it live on free to air in Australia via Gem. Wasn't expecting that to be honest.

First two overs seem just to be a bit of nervous prodding from the bowlers. Shame Bird isn't in this 11 for Australia, but nice to see Smith get another go. I hope to see him and Hughes do well.
  • Warner's volunteered to grow the official tour moustache I noticed. It's in it's infancy at the moment, look out for it's changing fortunes over the course of the series.

Highlight of the drinks break.
  • Needs to be of the Merv Hughes variety before it gains legitimacy as a moustache in its' own right.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    TheDJR wrote:
    Would it be wrong to crack open a beer?
    Depends. If you're in England, and it's English Beer - then yes. If you're in Australia with an Australian beer, there's never a wrong time. Glad we actually have it live on free to air in Australia via Gem. Wasn't expecting that to be honest. First two overs seem just to be a bit of nervous prodding from the bowlers. Shame Bird isn't in this 11 for Australia, but nice to see Smith get another go. I hope to see him and Hughes do well.
    Beauty, I did not know that.  Flicking between Ashes and the EJ Whitten game.  I might have to have a port.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Jesus fuck, Damian Monkhorst appears to have eaten about 6 teammates.
  • Skerret wrote:
    Jesus fuck, Damian Monkhorst appears to have eaten about 6 teammates.

How? He lost all his teeth in the 90s.

I've got a Hellyer Road whiskey from the old state tucked away somewhere. If I'm going to feign distinguished taste this series I might have to test it out.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Lance Whitnall has been in the best paddock.  Liberatore is a tiny, tiny man.

Port is go.
  • You must be watching a different feed to the one I am.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Channel 9 showing Channel 7 showing how to do amusing football commentary.  Is the cricket on yet? ... Pick it up Pattinson.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    You must be watching a different feed to the one I am.
    I am caught between feeds.  Brereton's hair is immaculate.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Unimpressed with the opening from the bowing attack, though admittedly I've not seen much yet.  Call me when there's a wicket...
  • Oh the Whitten game. Silly me.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!