Cricket Thread - Crickets (Tests, ODI, T20)
  • Siddle putting in a good effort yet again.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • other than KP being KP, should he be in the team?  he's been injured for ages, did he do owt in the recent warm ups?
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Siddle again!  Huge wicket.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Dear.

Trott out having looked in great touch, another dopey shot like those of Cook & Pieterson.
  • This is the England way. I vote we put Murray in the team, he knows how to pick shots that have been fired at I
    Him at a hundred miles per hour.
  • Ah this is what I don't like about the England team. Up against nothing special in terms of a bowling attack, in fact it's been rank wides and long-hops backed-up by harmless bouncers - only one really good ball so far I'd say, to get Root out.

Theory is that because it's been such playable bowling, it's encouraged the batsmen to be too reckless when something half-straight comes at them, and that's just not good enough.

Still, I maintain the faith - reckon that Bell and Bairstow will score big and get us back in this. Mainly because of the B&B link.
  • Was about to post about how toothless this Aussie attack is when Bell is out to a great ball, again from Siddle.

He is your only hope, chaps, pray he doesn't get injured - the rest of 'em look rubbish.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Siddle again!  Going for a few but striking regularly.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    If Watson or Starc can hold down an end and absorb Siddle's looser deliveries, we're a show to end this early.
  • Boycott's fuming on the radio. Can't blame him, some rotten shot selection.
  • Good to see England playing like the team of old. What a pile of garbage. 4 of them have thrown their wickets away and we'll be lucky to get 300.
  • 5-50 is pretty good numbers, not shipping that many and arguably what he ships seems to entice the batsmen to make poor shots when he does bowl something decent.

If we get to 300 now it would be a real blow for the Aussies, they must be thinking about restricting this innings to 250.

I'd be worried, if I were Aussie, about Jimmy et al ripping your line-up apart (this is now my only hope).
  • It's only the first day. Things can change rapidly and that Aussie batting line-up looks vulnerable.
  • Batting first, it's easy to lose a test in the first day. I'd say if we survive until CoP, we'd be on for 300ish, which at least is something to bowl at - AUGH mockers again oh dear
  • Urgh. Not looking good now.
  • Hello.

Two down already.

EDIT: Seems I'm providing a one-man commentary in as few words as possible.
    EDIT EDIT: Clarke out. I'm not making a fourth post without reply.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Allow me. Three down. GET IN.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I was never worried.
  • Wow.

Watching this, I really don't understand how people don't find test cricket exciting. Comfortable anticipation, worried concern, desperate hope, angry frustration, cynical dismissing, elated disbelief - all in one day.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    So this is where the cricket chat is going on?

Been listening to it on the wireless as I'm a tramp and don't have Sky any more. Sounds like a funny day's cricket, not test match batting at all is it?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Am I supposed to feel smug and gloaty right now or irritated at a clearly blind umpire?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Missed a wicket during the shipping forecast. Fuck you Radio 4 bastards.
  • Honours even. Poor batting display from us and then the bowlers step in to bail them out yet again.

Steve Smith doesn't appear to be the walking wicket I remember from the last Ashes and he played well to salvage Australia's tattered innings.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    We've done well, all things considered.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    That Umpire was blind. That was clearly a goal.
  • LarryDavid wrote:
    It's only the first day. Things can change rapidly and that Aussie batting line-up looks vulnerable.

We dont seem to have a batting lineup. Watson is terrible, Cowan has been in poor form. Siddle is our best batsman.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Funny I was thinking the same - get rid of Smith and then there's just Siddle to worry about.
  • Siddle was Australia's only batsman to score half-centuries in India in two innings of the same game.

He is a genuinely difficult batsman to get out, perhaps even moreso than Mitchell Johnson at his best.

It is nice to see Smith has made a start so far. He and Hughes are both players that should have been settled in the side for a long time now, but chopping and changing batsmen all the time (add in Khawaja, Henriques, and a few others and it has been a long time since the Australian top order has been settled and stable).
  • Nice one Jimmy, Smith looked like he was going to be a right pain.
    Can-of-sprite

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!