Mobile Gaming (iOS/Android/Other)
  • Didn't like it, despite the pedigree. Much prefer the ol' Bike Baron.
  • same, it was a bit too.. umm.. cumbersome. Which i suppose is to be expected with a fuck off monster truck but it lost some of the fluidity. And you dont get so many moments of jubilation like you do in trials when you land perfectly and get the momentum on the downward incline before launching off the top for a massive jump.

The boost button was good though and to be fair i've not deleted it!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • I only just discovered NSS, completely addicted.
  • must post your stats djr :) give it a few seasons though first.

i'm still playing it, i want to win the world cup.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Didn't like it, despite the pedigree. Much prefer the ol' Bike Baron.

I bought Bike Baron the other day, it is very nice! Any other trials-type recommendations? There's so many on store, I don't know how many are quality.

Also Animoog is 69p for a week (normally £6.99).
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Anyone play Neuroshima Hex? Just discovered they've finally added online play!
  • I've played it. 
    Terrible at it though so you wont find me going online.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • There are very few games which give me that "fuck yea" feeling like NSS does. I've had multiple experiences of this in recent matches. 0-2 down to Newcastle in the 62 minute. Came back to score a hatrick of fucking awesome long range shots (30 yarders+) to win which took me above united in the league. Next match destroyed united 5-0 at home with another hatrick. In fairness the game mechanics seem very fair to me. If i miss i know i've missed because i've not made the right shot or executed it properly. The flip side is that I feel that i can knock a ball accurately onto my strikers bobbin from 35 yards and expect him to score.

The freekicks are fucking odd though.
  • I was playing a match and found myself 5-0 down to Arsenal after 35 minutes and I hadn't even had a kick!

I wasn't happy!
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • i've never been 5-0 down.. :))

i've got three things to get now on my new career, two about getting goals for country and one for happiness (which i got on my old account). I'm 21 so i think i can do it pretty easily.
  • If you guys need a good distraction from the hell of NSS addiction, I heartily recommend "Score! Classic Goals". Brilliant wee game.
  • I'm getting bored of NSS now - it's all so samey and the only achievement I don't have would require me playing another 2 full seasons. Also, I can't work out how to start an international career, even though I updated the app and have a column for int stats.
  • I took Scotland to the quarters of the world cup. I think you needed to start a new career post-update.
  • I've had no problems getting called up for international matches.
  • Only 'achievement' I need is 100 international goals. I'm on 80 at the moment.
  • If you guys need a good distraction from the hell of NSS addiction, I heartily recommend "Score! Classic Goals". Brilliant wee game.

How much is it Gav?

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Anyone know if there are any decent Age of Empires type games for the iPad?  I don't want something that throws you into instant skirmishes, as I enjoyed the resource gathering, new buildings and technological discoveries of the AoE games.
    Get schwifty.
    How much is it Gav?

69p - Just got it, not bad.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    Anyone know if there are any decent Age of Empires type games for the iPad?  I don't want something that throws you into instant skirmishes, as I enjoyed the resource gathering, new buildings and technological discoveries of the AoE games.

This...
  • RTS on an ipad? Controls had better be perfect.
  • pantyfire wrote:
    If you guys need a good distraction from the hell of NSS addiction, I heartily recommend "Score! Classic Goals". Brilliant wee game.
    How much is it Gav?

69p - Just got it, not bad.

Cool, thank you.

I'll take a look when I get home.

• Moto70 wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:
    This...
    I quite enjoyed Kingdom Rush. Though it may be a bit too simple for what you're looking for. Was the iOS port of Civ: Revolution not good?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Civ Rev was turn-based strategy.  Kingdom Rush, while brilliant, is tower defence.
    Get schwifty.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    The iOS CivRev is the full monty; plays well.

I seem to vaguely remember reading an interview with one of the devs explaining that the behind the scenes stuff was the same across the board so it was just the interface that differed from version to version. Therefore the iOS was a steal at 3 quid.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I thought Civ Rev was rubbish and gutted of its complexity.  That sort of thing is fine for phones, I guess, but iPad deserved something more akin to the PC games.
    Get schwifty.
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Couldn't agree more; just saying that the iOS rev plays like the other revs. 

I quite enjoyed it but it would never eclipse the real pc deals and neither was it intended to I'm sure. It's civ lite; not a bad fit for a phone.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • Surely someone has done an Advance Wars rip-off/homage/tribute/clone by now?
  • Mecho Wars

Looks like shit. Might play okay though. Will give it a blast for 69p.
  • Great little war game is a bit of an advance wars rip off.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!