Vaping and ecigs.
  • Well, I've got some decisions about specifics to make, it seems.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    So there's not much love for either Totally Wicked or tank style cigs here then?

I'm tempted to get back onto the electro again but I thought I was starting to develop a reaction to the mixer and getting a tight throat. I think I need to get back on mixing my own again so I can avoid PEG.
    It's a goddamn snoozefest out there.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Totally Wicked seem okay, but they do seem to buy in stuff from other people, stick their logo on it and then sell it for a large markup. I started off with one of their starter kits, and it is just a Joyetech battery with a tank system attached, and I found that their tank system (I don't know if it's a standard Joyetech system or theirs) leaked juice constantly, hence why I moved on to the clearomiser. I did quite like their juice, but again, it's very expensive compared to others.
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    Yeah, I got into the Decadent Vapours before they split off.  Just seen their new Odyssey one but at £90, it's a little pricey. I like the tank variants as I don't have to worry about refilling.

I seemed to get flooding issues towards the end but that could have been due to a shit connection between tank and atty.

I've still got the batteries so will look at picking up a clearomiser to see how it goes.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Do those cartomisers on the Odyssey need replacing? If so, that could get pricey at £2.50 each plus P&P.
  • Bought one of those overpriced disposables, to tide me over until I decide what to order. Tastes fucking weird, the end glows blue and it's painted like a fucking cigarette. But I haven't smoked yet today, so it seems to be doing it's job.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yeah, the tobacco flavours generally aren't very nice, but you can get just about any flavour you like in liquid form.
  • Yeah, I've seen all sorts. Thinking I might try the cannabis flavour, to see if taste alone helps me hold off the cravings for a spliff longer.

Also: this is meant to taste like tobacco?!?!
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Depends which flavour you bought, but usually the standard ones are supposed to taste like tobacco.
  • It's one of these POS things, doesn't say anything about a flavour:

894Uu9R.jpg
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I've used those refills on my cheapo one, they're supposed to be tobacco flavoured.
  • Must've been designed by someone who's never smoked a fag, then. I guess it tastes vaguely like some shisha tobacco I've smoked.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I'd been on menthols for years so the fake ones tasted just like the real ones.

Can you unscrew the refill bit on that one? If so it's probably from the same factory as Litejoy/E-lites
  • Nah, it's a disposable, all-in-one thing. Even though it's utterly shit value, I didn't see the point in spending any extra to get a crap reusable one if I'm ordering something better soon.

That e-go you use, what parts have to be replaced and how often? (And how much does that cost, I guess.)
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    I'm assuming the coil is a replaceable part, as Litejoy sell five for £7

http://www.litejoy.co.uk/ego-t-electronic-cigarette-range/ego-t-5-x-coil-units.html

How long they last or even when you know they need changing is thus far a mystery.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    AJ_ wrote:
    Nah, it's a disposable, all-in-one thing.

Really? As I say, I've used Motive refill cartridges albeit on another brand of battery.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    How long they last or even when you know they need changing is thus far a mystery.

A quick google suggests anywhere between two weeks and two months, depending how much you smoke and how much you dislike the taste of them as they're wearing out. It also seems that you can clean them.

So, that's it? Just the juice and coils? Any recommendations/ places to avoid when I'm ordering? Think I'll be getting on that shit in the morning, today's trial has gone surprisingly well.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    AJ_ wrote:
    Nah, it's a disposable, all-in-one thing.
    Really? As I say, I've used Motive refill cartridges albeit on another brand of battery.

Yeah, it's a clean tube; no breaks or anything. Costs roughly the same as a pack of fags. Guess it's meant to get people into vaping.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    In answer to your question above, yes, usually you only have to top up the juice and replace one other part in an efag regularly. Whether that's called the coil, atomiser head or they have some other esoteric name for some other system, that should pretty much be it. Until the battery stops holding a charge, at least.
  • Gods, there's so little apparent difference between the handful of different ones (not counting rebadges) that it's tough to pick. I assume that which brand/model smokes best is a personal preference thing?

Also, can someone explain why most of the units need a button pressed when you're inhaling and so have on/off functions (often with ridiculous "press 5 times in 2 seconds" safeties, no less) when all the ones I've seen previously don't?

4AM edit: fuck, I think I've had too much nicotine. Can't sleep for shit. Going to have to get a proper low strength mix if I'm vaping like that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    AJ_ wrote:
    Gods, there's so little apparent difference between the handful of different ones (not counting rebadges) that it's tough to pick. I assume that which brand/model smokes best is a personal preference thing?

Mostly, yes although a battery is pretty much a battery unless it's variable voltage, the thing that really makes the difference is whatever's connected to it.
    Also, can someone explain why most of the units need a button pressed when you're inhaling and so have on/off functions (often with ridiculous "press 5 times in 2 seconds" safeties, no less) when all the ones I've seen previously don't?

No, although one of the reasons I upgraded was that my cheapo one was failing to hold much of a charge after just a few weeks of use, so that may be connected. It could also be because the battery has to work with a wide range of different fittings.
    4AM edit: fuck, I think I've had too much nicotine. Can't sleep for shit. Going to have to get a proper low strength mix if I'm vaping like that.

You get used to it fairly quickly. I'm currently on higher strengths of nicotine (24mg) as the lower levels I was using weren't providing enough nicotine.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii

Send message
    Yoss, do you rinse your tank out when topping up or just throw the new stuff in?

I've noticed now I'm at the bottom of my second load what's left is looking a bit...murky. Like used chip pan oil.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I've just been topping up myself. They've been washed out once or twice when I've switched flavours, but generally I haven't bothered. Everything in there looks fine on mine. Maybe it's down to how the tanks are designed?
  • Subbax
    Show networks
    Facebook
    andrew.henderson
    Twitter
    Subbax
    Xbox
    Subbax
    PSN
    SubAxe
    Steam
    Subbax

Send message
    They get a bit funky after a few top ups with no rinse.
  • The vapour getting all over the inside of your mouth and making water brown when you wash your mouth out; that's not normal, is it?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The vapour or the actual liquid? If it's liquid then you may be having an issue with flooding, one of the problems which caused me to switch from my original tank system to a clearomiser.
  • Only seems to be vapour coming out, and has happened since I started (though it is, admittedly, getting worse). Hopefully it's just this cheap-ass disposable; I just wanted to check that it's not something that happens and people just accept, before I order something this evening.
  • Serious question, it's not your gums bleeding is it? A few people report that happening when they switch as the blood supply to the gums returns to normal.
  • Pretty sure it's not (started on the first day).

Nobody else has the problem, then, I take it?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!