Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I will defend this to my death but that section of Inside is the most incredible sequence I've played in gaming.
  • @Andy

Yeah, pretty much my thoughts.
    I paused it while fannying about with Spotify then realised it was still ticking over, on the bloody training mission.
    I also had to trick it into overwriting my save game from nearly 4 years ago because I wanted to start fresh. I had to delete it from the Xbox then quickly cancel the recovery in the split seconds it takes to download it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    The pausing thing is indeed bollocks, forgot about that. And yup there are other bits too. It seems not as bad as in the day 1 drop - cutscenes / new car reveals just skip. Once done challenges gps to nearest hideout. Blast through the first few chapters trying not to throw too much cash away. Then only properly dick about once youve got decent wheels and upgrades.

I'm not trying to blindky defend it. I bounced off it first tinge round. There's a lot of shite. But I'm having fun.

Maybe mot having played a racer all year helps...
  • Finished Inside this morning. Brilliant game. Loved the design, pacing and the feeling of controlling the character was exceptionally well done. Pretty scary at times too and I did rather enjoy the ending.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Just finished Super Mario Odyssey. It’s good and all but hardly the second coming it’s been made out to be in some places.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Hang on, it isn't even Christmas yet. Onto the list with Tiger you go.
  • FranticPea wrote:

I was happy to wait for Xmas - the Missus wasn’t. She’s played the Switch more than me, so far. She was playing it while I did overwatch with stormy yesterday, and she took it to bed. I’m starting to think it wasn’t really a gift for me.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Luigi's Mansion 2
    Just finished it, some parts of the last chapters felt a bit too much fighting the controls
    Spoiler:
    and the save mechanics feel a bit outdated. Made me look up some of the boss tactics, as some took quite long, not sure if I was doing the right thing and slowly losing health. Didn't really fancy to start that all over. Not knowing you could dodge till the last multiple ghost fight probably didn't help either.
    Balance controls are shit too, luckily that's only a few sections, most could be solved by putting the 3DS on a table, the other did B for me.

Those are the only downsides though, all the other stuff is great, enjoyed all the puzzles, loved the ghost designs, environments are good, animation is full of detail (puff balls where fun too), there's some nice cartoon tension in some scenes, music is good, Luigi is a star, boo's are fun to hunt down (although I haven't gone back, I enjoyed searching for them, always aimed for finding them, but the reward isn't worth it to redo levels), there's some nice hidden stuff everywhere.
    Overall it's a joy to play, thanks Muzzy for clearing out your pile!
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    FranticPea wrote:

I was happy to wait for Xmas - the Missus wasn’t. She’s played the Switch more than me, so far. She was playing it while I did overwatch with stormy yesterday, and she took it to bed. I’m starting to think it wasn’t really a gift for me.

YOU MAKE ME SICK
  • FranticPea wrote:
    FranticPea wrote:

YOU MAKE ME SICK

Fuck you and your capitalist holidays. Long live the great proletariat revolution.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'm sending our Elf on the Shelf over. With a chainsaw.
  • Yeah, me!

(wUt?!)
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Just finished Super Mario Odyssey. It’s good and all but hardly the second coming it’s been made out to be in some places.

That was quick. How many hours? I’m on 35-40 and still hunting around and yet to start proper post credits stuff.
  • If you just get enough moons to get to the next world it's not a massive game to get to the credits. I got bored on the moon and haven't finished it but I was under 10 hours to get there.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Just finished Super Mario Odyssey.
    Credits finished or finished finished?
  • Bob wrote:
    If you just get enough moons to get to the next world it's not a massive game to get to the credits. I got bored on the moon and haven't finished it but I was under 10 hours to get there.

You know how it feels to reach too high, too far, too soon.  But you didn't see
    Spoiler:
  • Andy wrote:
    Just finished Super Mario Odyssey.
    Credits finished or finished finished?

I’m post credits and going back to do more stuff.
  • Titanfall 2

Surprised how quickly the last few missions went. It's a good final stretch but doesn't come close to the best missions in the middle part of the game (the 'time travel' bit especially).

Overall it's pretty much exactly what you want from a linear FPS campaign. Guns with a good punch to them, much spectacle, and some neat ideas. More than anything it keeps giving you new tools to play with, and really seems to want you to have fun with them, which is nice. 

There's not a lot of challenge, but that's what the other difficulties are for. Might go back one day, but that'll do for now.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Need for Speed: Rivals (PS4)
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Gaaah im getting schooled in the very last nfs rivals race. Its really easy fir about ten minutes, after which i get mobbed by cops irrespective of how law abiding ive been. Inevitably lose all my health. Nnnnnngggg.

Yeah this last race ended up frustrating me about half a dozen times, and had some of the most ludicrous rubber-banding ever.  It basically becomes easier with a slower car, as all the other cars slow down, including the police.  Still kinda tricky, but got there in the end (both Police and Racer).

So yeah, a couple of issues like that nonsense, and all the video / pseudo-youtube plot, and the too-frequent load screens going to hideouts between mission sheets - and the core racing is really good fun, with some nice weapon stuff which is kinda good enough too (but no real invention beyond Hot Pursuit).  Open world was barely worth it, and the online shizzle was just tedious.

Still though, a very comfortable [7] I'd say.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Just finished Super Mario Odyssey. It’s good and all but hardly the second coming it’s been made out to be in some places.

It's no The Last Guardian
  • Uncharted The Lost Legacy. Played this early this morning as a combination of flu and conjunctivitis is keeping me awake. Picked up again having played through to near the end of chapter eight at launch, so it didn’t take long to finish, however, the last level is too long and the end is awful.

Overall this is, again, quite spectacular but ultimately quite hollow and doesn’t do anything different as I think I mentioned in another thread. I have enjoyed Uncharted immensely, but it’s time to stop.

Seven out of Ten.
  • Darksiders 2
    A game that's almost entirely an amalgamation of other games, but a competent one nonetheless. There's a good chunk of Zelda, some Prince of Persia: SoT, Platinum style brawling, and loot gathering from those games that do that, plus bits and bobs from other places. It all works well (except one crummy section near the end) and it's pleasantly bolted together, but lacks any real inspiration. As clear a 7/10 as a game could be.
  • Yep. Both games start strong, if derivative, both have an obvious flaw or two late, but I tend to forgive them.

Hoping the new team who has 3 can add some spark.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Axiom Verge (PS4)

I thought this was really very good.  Not quite sure why I took a break several months ago, but was good to get back in and see it through.

The basic dizzle is a 2D Metroidvania - in fact, basically a 2D Metroid, with matching graphics & pallette - but it had quite a lot of its own stuff going on (moreso in mechanics than thematics).  Fun weapons/tools etc.  Good difficulty, solid length.  And pretty remarkably all by one person.

I've no doubt there's loads of route breaking you could do too.  I was pretty happy with my play through, and only got 60% of the items!  I reckon @DarkSoldier would enjoy, and hopefully @nina too, though she'll tell me off for having now completed it...

A worthy [8].
  • Facewon wrote:
    Yep. Both games start strong, if derivative, both have an obvious flaw or two late, but I tend to forgive them.
    I was thinking towards the end that it needed a change of pace, but it really didn't need
    Spoiler:
  • Skondo wrote:
    I have enjoyed Uncharted immensely, but it’s time to stop. Seven out of Ten.

Yep.
  • Shoulda ended it with 4, the best in the series by far.
  • They effectively did end with 4 as Lost Legacy was the dlc.

Anyway, I’m sorry to hear you’re unwell and hope you recover soon. 4, the best by far. Fuck me.
  • I found Uncharted 4 overlong and very boring. Haven't even been arsed to finish it. A perfect example of a game designed for people that don't want to think. I'd rather watch the Uncharted film. I did more in the first ten minutes of Mario Odyssey than I did in ten hours of Uncharted 4.

A visual treat with the shallow gameplay. Why am I in this thread.

Five.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @Muzzy, nah, I'm not gonna tell you off. Good thing you completed and enjoyed it. I know B didn't like it that much, which is holding me off a bit. I'm too busy with NieR and Splatoon anyway, i guess I jump in when I've done NieR (which should be done before World releases).

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!