Just completed
  • Double dragon (gameboy version) on 3ds.

Game is probably the hardest game I've ever played. I only finished this because I could use the savestate option. Cheating I know but there were parts where I would die ten times in a row. The magnet bit and the wall bit are stupid. Final boss was comparatively easy.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Sin & Punishment N64 on VC. The control set ups remain a bit awkward, but it's not too tough in the end, and the credits system is well thought out. I was surprised that it didn't go on a bit longer really. Great stuff though, and even the rough graphics don't really matter. Will give no. 2 another run through now.
  • Facewon wrote:
    The Ark and The Covenant are still AMAZE. Lack of scarabs to actually fight in Reach is a massive fail.

Yeah arguably the two finest levels in the whole series. As much a I adore Reach's campaign (the score yet again is a triumph at setting tone) I'd probably still say Halo 3 is my favourite, just love the art style and overall blockbuster feeling. I was disappointed Reach didn't have some kind of main antagonist. I know it's never been about having a boss to face, but Terrence Stamp's Prophet Of Truth is wonderfully hissable towards the end - "your forefathers wisely set aside their compassion" - and the Gravemind's booming "I have beaten fleets of thousands" really works too.

As for Legendary difficulty on Reach, loved how Bungie included an achievement for doing it solo. A monument to all your sins.
  • JonB wrote:
    Sin & Punishment N64 on VC. The control set ups remain a bit awkward, but it's not too tough in the end, and the credits system is well thought out. I was surprised that it didn't go on a bit longer really. Great stuff though, and even the rough graphics don't really matter. Will give no. 2 another run through now.

The rough graphics make it better! You know how some people see pixel art as an desirable aesthetic now rather than something that's just a product of technical limitations? Well, I'm like that with PS1 / N64 era 3D graphics. Mmm, so blocky and pointy...
    You really are fond of chatting with me, aren't you? If I didn't know better, I'd think you had feelings for me!
  • I wouldn't go that far, but they certainly do a good job.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Edit: fuck it mixing up my completed and currently playings.
  • Bastion. What a cracking little game.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Love it. In my top three of last year. Which ending did you take? Because you know you need to beat it again to get the other ending.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I still haven't completed Bastion. I spent hours trying to do the dream challenges with all idols invoked and I got completely burnt out.
  • I hear there is some DLC for it. The narrator's dream or something. I must have it. I love that game. Great music.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I did not know this. On it.
  • orly. Also on it.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Love it. In my top three of last year. Which ending did you take? Because you know you need to beat it again to get the other ending.
    Spoiler:
    . Not sure if I'll play it again though, just don't have the time.
    The music's fantastic, agreed, and although the idea of the DLC attracts, i think I'll wait a bit.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Lego Batman 2: DC Super Heroes - *** and a half (Vita Version).

My favourite Lego game in quite some time. The first one I'm tempted to hold onto and freeplay.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Batman Arkham City.    Excellent fun, first game bought on steam and completed.  Does anyone know if they are planning more DLC?  Harley was fun but a bit short for my liking.
  • Binary Domain

Almost without merit.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Astro Boy Omega Factor on GBA. The 3rd or 4th time I've been all the way through properly. A real classic and one of my favourite games.
  • Also nails if I recall. Wasn't it by Treasure?
  • Oh yeah. It's difficult in that some levels will wipe the floor with you the first few attempts, but each one is pretty short and once you find the right strategy it's not bad at all.
  • Just finished Bastion. I rather liked it, though I doubt it will stick with you. Stupid ending though, it all comes down to two choices that have no consequence at all, even though I do like the way they are proposed to you.
  • Super Meat Boy
    What a game!!! I've completed the normal ending but I'm going to go back in and try to polish off the Dark World and find all the bandages. It's a glorious game, never a dull moment. Very similar to Trials in it's so tight you forget that you've got a controller in your hand and you're moving the character with your mind.

Heading back in now
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • It is excellent though I'll never clear the end of the Dark World or all of Cotton Alley.
  • I gave Cotton Alley a quick go, seems stupid hard alright. I'll stick at it for a while
    PSN: Shinji-_-Ikari
    Twitter: @YouDidItAll4Me
  • I've done a few of them. Some of the warp levels and shit are incredibly hard because you have to survive through nails parts of the level it is in. I don't think I've done the one for IWBTG.
  • Finished off Binary Domain this afternoon. It was, without a doubt, one of the most enjoyable games of the generation. The shooting was solid, the destruction of enemies very satisfying and it constantly kept things fresh throughout the game. The story was enjoyable, OTT action stuff and some the enemies were brilliant.

Just great fun. Would highly recommend.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Join us.
  • Binary domain is my goty 2011.

Joined.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy's clearly the fucking mental here.
  • Tempy wrote:
    It is excellent though I'll never clear the end of the Dark World or all of Cotton Alley.

That last level on Cotton Alley is a bastard.  I think it was Dubs who pointed out that its Dark World variant is just the same level reversed (top to bottom I imagine), so perhaps not much more difficult.  One day I'll finish the last two sets of Dark World stages, but I'll never be able to get all the bandages.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Tempy's clearly the fucking mental here.

No sir, although I dislike being in Bob's corner as he is a mental.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!