SAVE THE PIKMANZ (Pikmin 3)
  • The disc? Oh, it's 2nd hand now..... £9.50?

No the code , the disc is still in the Tesco parcel unopened
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • That's what I offered a tenner for.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • You can have the code now if you want , I've used it though. Still interested ?
  • Had a good week off mark ? Bet you missed Trago ;-)
  • Shhh..... don't mention The Mills!
  • Ooooops
  • Played through the first couple of days and it's classic Pikmin so far, which suits me just fine. 
    Spoiler:
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    My copeh of Pukmanz arrived from the mystery shop, not day one but not bad given the price - Amazon wouldn't have done any better without Prime.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Fiver cheaper in Argos than Game if anyone's in a generic town and wanting the disc.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    BOO STUPID QUICK-START PIECE OF PAPER, BOO!

i want a manual waaah
  • God no. I left a Pikmin behind! :(

I think my Fire Emblem no death OCD mode may haunt me something chronic in this game.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Had some store credit for Game so I picked this up today. Was going to get Lego City too, but no way am I paying £50.00 for it. Did feel slightly sorry for the staff in their Pikmin hats.
  • I would have asked for one.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • JMW wrote:
    Fiver cheaper in Argos than Game if anyone's in a generic town and wanting the disc.

Do Argos still do trades?
  • EvilRedEye wrote:
    BOO STUPID QUICK-START PIECE OF PAPER, BOO! i want a manual waaah
    I didn't even check the box. Manuals etc are somewhat superfluous these days, especially when the first couple of hours of the game are largely a hand-holding exercise.
  • Moto70
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @jsm147
    Xbox
    Moto 70
    PSN
    MotoSeventy
    Steam
    [kia]_permian
    Wii
    Moto70

Send message
    Vela wrote:
    I would have asked for one.
    What do you need staff for?
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    EvilRedEye wrote:
    BOO STUPID QUICK-START PIECE OF PAPER, BOO! i want a manual waaah
    I didn't even check the box. Manuals etc are somewhat superfluous these days, especially when the first couple of hours of the game are largely a hand-holding exercise.

SHUT your stupid FACE digi-lover.
  • Moto70 wrote:
    Vela wrote:
    I would have asked for one.
    What do you need staff for?

To do my grocery shopping for me. I shall send out Game staff minions wearing Pikmin hats to buy my weekly strawberry and lemon order.
  • JMW wrote:
    Fiver cheaper in Argos than Game if anyone's in a generic town and wanting the disc.
    Do Argos still do trades?

No idea. The other problem with Argos is that when I checked general availability, there is literally one in every store. I just think every effort should be made not to pay GAME prices.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    This is a genuinely pretty game. It's a shame it didn't come out sooner as it at least gives the perception that the Wii U is perhaps capable of a bit more than the PS3 and 360 in the right circumstances.

Here's a photo wot I took!

aCzUDgm.jpg
  • The Nintendo microsite, here:

http://www.nintendo.co.uk/Games/Wii-U/Pikmin-3-640076.html

is rather lovely. Reg, bung it in the OP.
  • I wouldn't say it's made buying the WiiU worth it yet, but this game's restored a little of my faith in Ninty. Had the nieces come over yesterday and they were enthralled. Brought a tear to my eye it did.
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • Need to fin Earthbound & tbh Bioshock Infinite before I even start to think about getting this.

Nice OP btw Reg, watch ya back ERE.
  • The day 3 encounter is a bit tough.

Getting nightmare flashbacks to the stronger enemies in Pikmin 1.
  • Spoiler:
    Loving the level design and especially now that I've ventured into the next area there's potential for really crafty micromanagement.

Definitely considerably more challenging all round than 1 or 2 so far and all the better for it.

Have slight niggles with controls at the moment; I never played Pikmin with a wiimote and felt thoroughly at home with the GC controller instead but the camera and aiming controls slightly differently than previous games and I'm especially missing the c stick, which was useful for pretty much every aspect of the game.

EDIT: I'm playing gamepad only as it seems the only logical option.
  • I'm finding the move and aim control locked to one stick a bit troublesome too. The wii remote version of this must be very fun.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    I'm playing it with a Wii Remote + Nunchuk + GamePad combo as that was the one given the most emphasis in the quickstart guide. Only issue is controlling the camera, the Wii Remote and Nunchuk lacks a second stick but once you touch the camera control on the GamePad it swaps the controls over to the GamePad entirely so it's not very practical. Using the lock-on function alleviates this a bit though.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    This game is better than I thought it was going to be.
  • This game is gorgeous and really enjoying it .

Only issue so far are the controls , using either the gamepad or pro controller its difficult to aim. Will try the Wii remote method next .
    Spoiler:
  • As there's no instruction manual , do you a limited amount of days or is it a way of replaying to beat the amount of days you take to complete it ?

On day 6 and come across another flying thing , with the game pad controls it was a nightmare trying to kill it , hopefully try out the remote and nunchuck tomorrow .

Even though there's very few games out in the Wii U , you've still gotta love Nintendo

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!