SAVE THE PIKMANZ (Pikmin 3)
  • Such is my obsession I'm beginning to multitask irl, which is probably now required due to aforementioned Pikmin obsession.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    I think that's my problem with RTSs, I can't multitask effectively enough. Even Pikmin 3 ("My First RTS") gets too much for my pitiful brain to handle.

Me playing C&C was probably painful to watch. Once I could no longer win by clogging the enemy's  guns with the bodies of my dead, I was screwed.

I just need Pikmin 4 to be turn-based and I'll be fine. ;)
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • You should give it a go nonetheless, even if it's just getting bronze which isn't that difficult. The addiction arises when you get to know the maps and realise if you did it again you could do it this way and that to save time. Then you get a silver, then gold, and then the platinum becomes an obsession.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    First things first, I'll try to get past day 5 in the main campaign.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Anyone tried the demo on switch? Handheld controls work really good.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Yep, I've been playing it. Nice to be back.
  • Bought the game on WiiU, but for one reason or another, I didn’t get much further than the end of the demo. It’s lovely though and I’ll be picking it up at the end of the month.

I saw some folk moaning about how the game has stayed at 720p docked. I only played handheld and it looked fine.
  • If you're talking about impressions on a certain other forum, they moan about everything.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Ha. That’s true.
  • I mean, they're stuck in 2016 so I don't see why 720p is that ancient.
  • Back into playing this. The Mission Mode DLC is the hook.
    "Plus he wore shorts like a total cunt" - Bob
  • I have Pikmin 4. Seems decent so far. I knew Tinykin drew inspiration from this series but I didn't realise how much.
  • I wonder if I should have bought Pikmin 3 for the splitscreen mode instead though.
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    Pikmin 4 is UK number 1.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Miyamoto's tenacity stats are strong.
  • Picking this up end of the week - not played any properly since the first so really looking forward to it.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I wonder if I should have bought Pikmin 3 for the splitscreen mode instead though.

Pikmin 3 has SO much content. The Switch version has all the dlc and the mission modes are a hell of a timesink to get platinum medals. It's hard but constant iteration and perfecting each level is a joy.
  • I got 4 last week and I really really like it but I also noticed how similar to Tinkyin it all is. It’s not an issue for me but it defo there. Nintendo have had a crazy strong schedule so far this year haven’t they? This, Botw-in-the-dark, Advance Wars, maybe Prime remastered (not sure when that came out) plus 2D mario and the RPG remake still to come and that’s their strongest year in a while despite all this talk of winding down for Switch2. I appreciate their titles won’t require the same resources as a Starfield or a Naughty Dog game but that’s quite a 12 month run.
  • Yeah but 3 are remasters so not that great ?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • It's the norm to remaster great games these days and Nintendo has a ton. As long as they balance it with innovation, which they do, it's great to share the old classics with the boy in a convenient way.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!