Pro Wrestling
  • I heard he was doing that, you should absolutely go.
  • RIP KKB
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Fastlane last night anyone?
    Spoiler:
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • surprised R-truth is so high on this list

http://www.profightdb.com/wrestlers-with-most-wwwf-wwf-wwe-total-appearances.html

I've not reached that era yet in PPV's. 

FWIW - i'm up to 1995 in PPV's Currently on Summer Slam. Some decent matches. It's starting to feel like Brett is handing over the mantle to Shawn. Diesel is pretty poor but the crowd do seem to love him. But is that just because he's the champion and face? 

The tag teams seem pretty weak around this point. The smoking guns are pretty boring. 

Owen and Yoko are beating everyone they fight. Didn't realise Yoko ended up living in Liverpool before he died (young).
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Hes been with the company 14 years over 2 spells. It also includes house shows, information for which will likely be more up to date than 80's/90's guys.

Not long until I fly out to New York, getting hyped for Mania now
  • you're going to mania?
  • Aye, got some pretty good seats for everything too.
  • can you facetime me when you're there?
  • Awesome. I need to go to a wrestlemania at some point. Maybe if they do it in Florida and I can go to Nintendo World.
  • I want to go but no one to go with :(
  • i'm up for it next year if you are
  • Aye, got some pretty good seats for everything too.

That's cool, hope you have a great time. Was always something I wanted to do when I was a full on fan.
    SFV - reddave360
  • why mania instead of one of the japanese shows? I get the impression you don't even like wwe as a brand
  • mk64 wrote:
    why mania instead of one of the japanese shows? I get the impression you don't even like wwe as a brand

Its mania. Pure spectacle (I'd also wager dante is going to one of the numerous indie fancies that spring up around the mania weekend)

SFV - reddave360
  • Summer slam 95. Shawn vs razor. What a match
  • mk64 wrote:
    Summer slam 95. Shawn vs razor. What a match

Yeah, absolute belter. I prefer the summer slam match to the mania.

Rest of summerslam card is a bit stanky though. Terrible main event.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Looked like Shawns knee could’ve gone really bad with some of the ladder falls. Great communication between the wrestlers when things didn’t go to plan.

Mabel batters diesel who wins with two moves. Was soft.
  • A YouTube video popped up in my list today of wwe2k19 featuring a royal rumble with 80's and 90's wrestlers and it brought back memories of playing wrestlefest when I was a kid.

Has anybody played it? Is it any good? And do those old boys come with the base game? It looked alot of fun, definitely got me interested in buying it.
  • I'd recommend you get mame and download the wrestlefest rom. I had 2017s version and it was pretty dull to play. Option b would be to get no mercy from for an n64 emmulator and use create a wrestler.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Wrestlefest hasn't aged well. No Mercy is decent as Dave says. 

Saturday night slam masters is the best wrestling fighter but it's not legit wrestling :)
  • As a game, yeah wrestlefest isn't great but it never was. As a hit of nostalgia though, it's great and a quick blast on either rumble or tag mode will pretty much leave you happy

Never rated the capcom games, they didn't feel much like wrestling games. More extensions of the final fight game.

Not sure how they all hold up but generally the trio of n64 wrestlers - wcw/nwo revenge, wrestlemania 2000 and no mercy- were the pinnacle of wrestling games to me. The original war zone was also good for the time and dreamcast royal rumble was fun too. For the very best, I think smackdown:here comes the pain was probably the trippy top of wrestling games. Loads of content for the fan but played a good game too
    SFV - reddave360
  • In your house 4 was a shambles. Ending was a shambles.

Vince can’t commentate for toffee. All he says is “I think he’s got him. He’s got him!!!” At every pin fall and then says “oh no he didn’t get him”. Honestly once you tune it to it then it grates on you so bad.

Also batista with the worst promo ever award on raw last week.
  • Vince is a carnival barker. His commentary is out of place now, but made sense at the time.
  • Here we go then. Wrestlemania 35. Don't think I've got enough tortilla chips to make it through the fecking pre-show, let alone the main event.
  • I bought a pizza express margarita from tesco

Also some dry roasted nuts.
  • I have ginger beer!
  • I'm too tired. Have a great night folks. Hope the man becomes the top woman.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Predictos
    1 brock v Seth: brock
    2 Bryan v kofi: kofi
    3 angle v Corbin : Corbin
    4 women’s tag: banks and bayley
    5 battle royal: gable
    6 lashley v balor: balor
    7: Shane v miz: miz
    8: joe v mysterio : joe
    9: reigns v macintyre: reigns
    10: AJ v Rko: Some screwy bullshit
    11: HHH v Batista : HHH
    12: rousey v Charlotte v Lynch: charlotte
  • Additionally: if Zack Ryder wins does that make two titles in two wrestlemanias and perpetual losses outside of that?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!