Pro Wrestling
  • I guess that match explains why Lesnar wasn’t interested in taking Ambrose’s ideas on board for their hardcore match back in the day, lol.

Quite enjoyed it though not the sort of thing I’d like to see every week.
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • shawn vs taker at bad blood 97. Real game changer of a match.
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Oh yeah, awesome match. I'm not so into gore and plunder in wrestling, but that is how to do it.

Funny thing is, the first time I saw it, I was watching an edited version which cut out a lot of the action. Think it was a sky sports replay but before the watershed. I remember thinking what a let down after all the hype. Then I saw the proper version. Wow.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Up to the Jericho - Cody match.

Why are there judges?
  • What is this CZW tier shit?
  • Absolute fucking trash.
  • I may have picked the wrong aew show to see what all the fuss was about didn't I? Omega and moxley match was awful stuff. Not a fan of either guy or the style of match but this didn't seem to suit them omega shouldn't be doing this rubbish, his over the rail dropkick was way more effective than all the stupid plunder. I'm not on his hype train but there is no doubt he is a hell of a worker in terms of ability.

First time I've seen jericho in a long while, he still has 'it'. I quite liked the match with Cody. I also thought the women's match was pretty good. The other matches were OK, but nothing hugely grabbed me.

Also, he may not be at his top tier, but still great to hear Ross on commentary.

I'm not really up to speed on aew so not sure if I would have liked the undercard a bit more if I had, it was OK. The crowd were hot but it had a real tna on spike vibe to it. Not that that is a bad thing but I always found their crowd was more into being the supportive fan base then watching the show (I know the same can be said for the old ecw crowds but they just always felt more genuine to me)

OK show I guess. Just expected a bit more in terms of what was new and what was in ring. I think I'll have to try another to give a fair view.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Tbh, I don't know much about Asuka, but YouYube has thrown her channel at me the last few days, and I have to say it's oddly charming in a soothing sort of way...

I'm struggling to believe she's actually 38.
    Anyhoo, this one gives you a glimpse of the high-life the SUPERSTARS live on the road in a rather grotty looking hotel in Manchester...

more of this sort of thing please

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Wrestle Kingdom build up show for free on NJPW world, these shows are usually excellent:

https://njpwworld.com/p/s_series_00537_4_1
  • Very excited about this weekend, the wrestling Christmas! Here's some pretty pictures

EM5KxLEWkAAgX_b?format=jpg&name=small

EM4i-HwWsAAPojK?format=jpg&name=small

EM5IZXaX0AIQOee?format=jpg&name=small

EM5IZXdW4AEjkUo?format=jpg&name=small

EM9aZLcXYAEuJdm?format=jpg&name=small

EM_IpfmXkAAEuZe?format=jpg&name=240x240 EM_IpfnXsAIF0oE?format=jpg&name=240x240 EM_IpfkXYAMbbWN?format=jpg&name=240x240
  • Can I watch this easily, or am I torrenting?
  • How has the year been wrestling wise? Wwe feels a car crash, I've only actually watched wrestle mania this year.

AEW feels far too much like tna for my liking and while I enjoy the nwa YouTube show, it's hard to see it growing beyond where it is. The cornette thing was disappointing as well, regardless of where you stood on what he said, the company fucked him over.

I don't watch much else, japanese wrestling still floats in the top long, too much style for what I've seen. I get that's it's impressive, I just don't get 'it'
    SFV - reddave360
  • I stopped watching wwe.
  • Cornette fucked himself over. I've no idea how that made it to air though.

I've lost interest mostly in AEW. Jericho is all I really care about.
  • Nah, he was offside in what he said, but NWA tried to put it completely on him. It's a taped show and they aired it. It could (and should) have been caught in the tape. NWA wanted him to personally apologise and take sole ownership but it should have been from NWA direct as they effectively approved the comment.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Raw is a mess. Sd hasn’t changed at all. Royal rumble was good this year
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Can I watch this easily, or am I torrenting?

Bit late now but you can watch on New Japan world for about £7.50 per month or there are...sites

https://njpwworld.com/

just click 'English' at the top, its all very easy.
  • Jim Cornette is such an odd one. As far as I can tell one of the only left leaning person in the whole of wrestling but simultaneously constantly making racist remarks.

It’s funny when you have entire rosters of wankers but it’s the public news that does people in.
  • I genuinely think he's just one of them 'old generation' guys that has no genuine racial malice but doesn't understand the cultural significance of some one the 'one liners' he makes.  But yeah, he hates trump, hates guns then comes out with that stuff.

There are a few lefties on the WWE roster (Bryan, Owens, Zayne, Xavier, Batista) and plenty outside it.

It felt weird when I found Styles was a pro trump, pro guns, devout christian, flat earther.
  • Jericho was another one I was a little bit surprised about - Had Trump Jr on his podcast. Maybe he doesn’t care but still an odd one.
  • Come with g if you want to live...
  • g.man wrote:

By many accounts the best way to enjoy wwe is to condense raw and smack down from 5 hours to about 45 minutes

SFV - reddave360
  • So Seth Rollins has a new gimmick.

Holy shit this tag team match this huge guy does a cartwheel into a massive clothesline. Nice.

Edit: it’s fair enough but BT blur out any reference to the wwe network. (Note bt charge £20 for the royal rumble while the network is £10)
  • Weird, Sky didnt do that.
  • Is it worth getting the rumble this year?

Not on the up with the fed, but rumble is rumble.

Are they still doing super long PPV shows?
    SFV - reddave360
  • yes they are. I've not been watching as much current as much as i've been watching old PPV's but i'm going to watch it probably the next day due to timings
  • Walter from NXT UK is the real deal. His presence is similar to a young Andre.
    "Given how long it's taken for me to reconcile my nature, I can't figure I'd forgo it on your account."

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!