Pro Wrestling
  • mk64 wrote:
    I agree with crayon, fans love him though

Do they? I think for a guy as talented as he is (and he can go, no debate there) I don't think he always gets a particularly strong reaction.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Crowd was absolutely dead silent for him at WM
  • I think the fans turned on him as a baby face didn’t they? All that twitter stuff didn’t help him
  • The undertaker v aj styles match was weird but cool. I think there’s something odd about wrestling embracing the even more fake aspects of an actual movie but I think overall I liked that undertaker wasn’t a discombobulated pensioner again at the end. Also hybrid taker is kind of cool.
  • I think i dislike him because he tries too hard to be cool but he’s always the same wrestler underneath it all.

A week: I’m an anarchist (burn it down!)
    Next wee: I’m an architect
    Following week: I’m the king of Monday night raw
    Wrestlemania: I’m a wolf with white eyes
    Another week: I’m attached to the hottest wrestler!
    This week I’m a cult leader

Always: sling blade, curb stomp (this is a move which exemplifies his trying to be edginess) crashing wrestlers into the turn buckle and injuring them.

He’s obviously an athlete but he’s too much of a try hard and doesn’t have faith in anything he does outside of the matches.

Consider his match with Owens: what was his character in that match? How did being a messiah affect it? If he is willing to cheat to get out of the match why does he come back when he’s challenged? It’s a contrast to the Sami Zayn match who played up the weakling shit all the way through.

He's not a chickenshit heel like Zayn. Hes a delusional heel. He thinks he is right. When he smacked KO with the bell he wasn't doing it to cheat his way out of the match. He was doing it to teach KO a lesson.

So thats why he came back. He thought he'd taught KO a lesson, but he was challenged back straight away, so went back to finish the job.
  • Ah. Fair enough. I saw him delighted with being able to exit the match.
  • KO is fantastic imo
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • The women’s smack down championship match ended surprisingly!
  • A bloke won it?
  • Nope.

The thing that followed was also a pretty interesting piece. Shame the bbc spoiled the title match.
  • 'the fink', Howard finkel passed away today. Apparently he had been in poor health so not covid 19 related. By all accounts, he seemed to be a great guy and was one of the key voices of the golden era of wwf. Rip.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Yes he was memorable
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I probably shared this here ten years ago, but hey, fucks given are zeron

also thiswas super fun

"I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • austin vs dude love at over the edge 98 is one of the best matches i've seen. Crowd pop's like nothing on earth (in part thanks to taker).
  • He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Aye, love her Youtube channel. She's a treasure :)
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • The finale of Capital Carnage 98 is one of the best of all time. Vinny Jones!! Hebner and the rattlesnake!!
  • Seems Undertaker was happy with the Boneyard match, and has (un)officially retired.

Hopefully he stays retired, and Vince doesn't try to lure him back.
  • Rumble 99. Very odd rumble. I think I liked mc mahon winning but the rest of the rumble was largely uneventful and things like kane made no sense. Also not enough talent to have people who didn’t perform earlier wrestle? Was odd.
  • St Valentines day massacre 99 has a great finish. Rock vs Mankind was quality but Austin vs McMahon is next level. Never knew he did big stunts like that. No wonder shanes jumping off cages etc. Respect and nice finish with the introduction of the big show :)
  • Oh but the Big Show push went off a cliff on the next Raw. Amazing how slim Paul Wight looks in his first few weeks though.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Why what happened? He looks so different!!
  • Dante may correct me but I think that after the Massacre, he faces Stone cold Steve Austin on Raw - no build up just straight get out there and go 50/50. Austin beat him clean. Not sure how McMahon thought this would get him over. He needed to be the fucking giant.

Worth noting that Massacre is Feb 14th and he debuts as a heel. I think he turns the night after Mania in April. 

And yes, he didn't help his cause by balooning up on his weight. Guaranteed contract of about a million probably did not help.
    SFV - reddave360
  • interesting, can't wait to see how it pans out. 

That guy who carries the dolls head to the ring is a bit of a midcard, i've not really warmed to him. 

New age outlaws are awesome though, had never really known much about them (as I didn't watch the attitidue era) until now and they'really fun. 

Also just watched China betray the corporation by whacking Kane at WM and jumping into the arms of HHH.
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Dante may correct me but I think that after the Massacre, he faces Stone cold Steve Austin on Raw - no build up just straight get out there and go 50/50. Austin beat him clean. Not sure how McMahon thought this would get him over. He needed to be the fucking giant.

It's not quite straight away. On the next Raw he interfered in Rock/Mankind ladder match, then the next week has a 'match' with the Rock which is actually just a swerve so they can both beat up Mick Foley. I think there is then a tag match between Rock/Show and Foley/Austin before the Austin match. But it did just make him part of the Corporation story rather than being his own attraction.
  • Dante > meltzer

I kinda figured in my mind I had condensed it but they did throw away the guy very quickly in my opinion. He should have been kept strong for a good while before he meets Austin. The match with Austin is also more about putting Austin over. Whatever about Steve winning, going fairly tow to toe was hugely disappointing (Austin had his neck issues so Wight couldn't rag doll him about like he could with a mankind or rock)
    SFV - reddave360
  • Backlash 99, Austin vs Rock is incredible. 

Also Stephanie looks hot as fuck! Such a shame she had so much work done. 

Shane looks sooo young!
  • No Mercy 99 - stunner chaos at the end :D great finish. Really worked the UK crowd. 

Jerry the King is sooo good on the mic. The yelps he lets out every time someone does a finisher is briliant :)
  • Pretty sure I went to that, MEN arena, can't think of another one I would've gone to (only went to one, and looking at the matches it tallies with my memory). Had a lot of fun.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!